Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share minor things you can do, in order to get healthier!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Share minor things you can do, in order to get healthier!

When you're home alone, crank up the music and wiggle around like nobody's watching.

My own health-lacking-areas are probably a little backwards for some people; I tend to get over-stressed easily and then I end up not eating because of it. So for me, getting enough sleep, taking the time to decompress every day (which I'm guilty of not doing for weeks on end), and making sure I keep things in perspective are pretty high on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
    Enjoy the little things. Take time to really look at random stuff and enjoy it. Those tiny flowers that most people might call weeds, or that one beautiful tree in the middle of a city block, a tiny puff of nice white cloud in a clear sky, squirrels. Never use an umbrella, just enjoy nature's cleansing shower and walk nice and slow through it. Stress is a bitch, but in the worst of times there will always be the little things.

As for weight loss, one of the weird things I did was start taking the long route as much as possible. Park way out in the end of the parking lot at the store, do my groceries backward (or randomize the list) so I'm walking more to get them. I had a lot more luck with a simple "move more, eat less, don't stress, be awesome" kind of habits than with any diet I've ever been on. The more I stressed out about what I was eating or not eating or should or shouldn't eat, counting calories and discriminating foods, the more likely I was to fall off the wagon; it's always been easier for me to just use common sense and be laid back about it. I strolled my way through losing 70 pounds in about 3-4 months that way.
    I'm going to have to steal this one... the first paragraph for myself, the second for my husband... *screenshots*

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
      Let's share our experience of doing small things, which everyone can do, that will result in us having healthier lives.

Have you tried changing something minor about your lifestyle in order to get healthier?

Veggie burgers are surprisingly good.

You stink less when you don't eat meat. Interesting side effect. You also lose a ton of weight, and your doctor and your wife stop smacking you upside the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      When you're home alone, crank up the music and wiggle around like nobody's watching.
      Been doing that on the job.

Looks nuts, don't care.

Comment

Do your chores. It gets you off your butt and gets you moving. Also switch to wheat products (unless allergic), but still watch your intake. Wheat bread is very good and I eat wheat english muffins as well, but it doesn't mean you can eat 4 pieces of toast at once. Read the ingredients on the box or bag and make wise decisions for yourself.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post

Veggie burgers are surprisingly good.

You stink less when you don't eat meat. Interesting side effect. You also lose a ton of weight, and your doctor and your wife stop smacking you upside the head.
          Unless you substitute and fill up on carbs... which I do, as a vegetarian. . No weight loss. And I stink bad atm. I have no idea.

Move around at work. I was turning into one of those teachers that just sits at their desk, trying to be one who walks around the kids all the time.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment