A Very Good Beginners information Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very Good Beginners information Site

So i was doing some surfing and i stumbled across this site.

So its actually got some really good information on the site for newbies interested in witchcraft, so i thought id share it

and there some good reference material on there for everyone else aswell

Re: A Very Good Beginners information Site

I like looking at the personal information websites of others, so thanks for sharing! Are there any others of this type that you have found?

Comment

Abjuration: A spellcaster specialized in the field is an Abjurer.
      The
      Abjuration field is mostly concerned with protective spells.

Alteration/Transmutation: A spellcaster specialized in the field is a Transmuter.
      This field specialize in magick that change the properties of an item or creature.

Conjuration/Summoning: A spellcaster specialized in the field is a Conjurer or Summoner.
      Conjuration magick is the ability to bring forth creatures, healing forces, powers and spirits.

Divination: A spellcaster specialized in the field is a Diviner.
      Divination Magick involves using different techniques to divine knowledge from the universe about the past, present, and future.

Enchantment/Charm: A spellcaster specialized in the field is an Enchanter.
      Enchantments can infuse items or creatures with magick thus they become Charms or Amulets usually of protection or healing.

Evocation/Invocation: A spellcaster specialized in the field is an Evoker/Invoker.
      This area of magick is very powerful, calling forth the power of the natural forces of earth, air, wind, fire, or positive and negative energies found all around us.

Necromacny: A spellcaster specialized in the field is a Necromancer.
      Magics dealing with life, death, undeath.

Universal:
      This is the Magick that contain one or more of the other fields.
      Isn't that from Dungeons and Dragons?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
        lol i have no idea dont play it lol

and ill post up any i find winter

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
          Speaking with my 22 years as a D&D player, I can confirm your suspicions.
          Though these are taken from 2nd edition of the rules. From 3rd edition and forward Alteration/Transmutation is just called Transmutation, Conjuration/Summoning has become simply Conjuration, summoning being a subcategory, Charm has been removed as well having become a subcategory of Enchantment and Invocation has been deleted entirely.

Over and out from the nerd channel.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
            Speaking with my 22 years as a D&D player, I can confirm your suspicions.
            Though these are taken from 2nd edition of the rules. From 3rd edition and forward Alteration/Transmutation is just called Transmutation, Conjuration/Summoning has become simply Conjuration, summoning being a subcategory, Charm has been removed as well having become a subcategory of Enchantment and Invocation has been deleted entirely.

Over and out from the nerd channel.
            They changed it again with 4e...

sorry couldn't let you be the only nerd... :bounce:
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              They changed it again with 4e...

sorry couldn't let you be the only nerd... :bounce:
              Lol. Nice to know I'm not the only nerd here.

I have striven very hard to forget everything about 4e and it appears I have succeeded. Way too much WoW ripoff for me. I went back to West End Games' 'Star Wars' and White Wolf's 'World of Darkness'.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Lol. Nice to know I'm not the only nerd here.

I have striven very hard to forget everything about 4e and it appears I have succeeded. Way too much WoW ripoff for me. I went back to West End Games' 'Star Wars' and White Wolf's 'World of Darkness'.
                I like my 4e... but i am among the minority...

don't hit me but I prefer NWoD too

*ducks before things start flying*

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I really strongly dislike 4th ed D&D (Pathfinder for me), but New World of Darkness is wonderful. The fact that all the game lines are totally cross compatible in the NWoD means the amount of material there is to tell the stories I want to tell is ridiculously huge. I adore it.

Its.... Very "Dark Dungeons" that that info is from D&D though XD...
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Not going to throw things, I prefer NWoD too. There was much I liked about the earlier version but it always irritated me that you couldn't take things from say Werewolf or Mage and put it in Mage without having to do some much customizing so much it made my head spin. As a storyteller I always loved mixing the various worlds.
                    The few thing I really wanted to keep, such as freebee points at charater creation was easily brought over. So NWoD for me.

And I simply adore the new Mage system. And since it's that I use most, it is a very important plus.

Comment

Not going to throw things, I prefer NWoD too. There was much I liked about the earlier version but it always irritated me that you couldn't take things from say Werewolf or Mage and put it in Mage without having to do some much customizing so much it made my head spin. As a storyteller I always loved mixing the various worlds.
                      The few thing I really wanted to keep, such as freebee points at charater creation was easily brought over. So NWoD for me.
                      Yay! NWoD party !

also, this is actually on topic considering the D&D thing:

Debbie thought playing Dungeons and Dragons was fun...until it destroyed her friend.
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Exempting certain parts of Vampire, I agree NWoD. The rules are more streamlined, consensus reality annoyed me and there were other setting elements I could've done without. I have issues with the lack of a good Tremere analog in VtR but that's my main annoyance. Well that and I don't think Blood Sorcery should have been modeled off Creative Thaumaturgy. I disagree with the argument of it treading on Mage's territory but I do think that it screws with the power balance between vampire covenants when two of them have access to mage-lite.

4E, erghh. 4E was ushered into FR by means of Spellplague. That alone is enough just cause to obliterate the edition. However that wasn't enough, no the monstrous manual sucked donkey balls too. There were some fun ideas, breaking from Vancian sorcery was cool and adding rituals into the core rules was fun but I still haven't forgiven the Spellplague and the monstrous manual was horrific by comparison to any version I've seen before it.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Lol...
                          i ahve no idea how to play this..

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Exempting certain parts of Vampire, I agree NWoD. The rules are more streamlined, consensus reality annoyed me and there were other setting elements I could've done without. I have issues with the lack of a good Tremere analog in VtR but that's my main annoyance. Well that and I don't think Blood Sorcery should have been modeled off Creative Thaumaturgy. I disagree with the argument of it treading on Mage's territory but I do think that it screws with the power balance between vampire covenants when two of them have access to mage-lite.
                            I think they have fixed some of that in Danse Macabre, at least with the covenant power balance. Aand having seen how the tremere played in VtM I don't mind pulling the least balanced and most broken class ever out of the bloody game, they sort of exist but as Mage antagonists, they are not really meant to be playable. and I like that gangrel don't have to be played as Nosferatu when they have protean.... There are a few supplement books worth reading, which redistribute the power balances more evenly, and make some of the non-magic based coveanants worth playing.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Danse may have affected any original imbalance. It didn't counter the fun toys provided in

I don't really need to see full power OWoD Tremere. I just liked the flavor for them more than I like the Lancea or the Circle. Vampiric wizards entertain me.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X