Camp NaNoWriMo July 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2013

Hey all! Thought I would start a thread on this. Is anyone here planning on taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo for the month of July?

If you are participating, what kind of novel are you going to write?

I'm torn between four ideas.

One, I have been working on for about a year now but I have not dared attempting a first draft (Planning phrase, because it's a big-ass series)..

Two, I am going to name "Silent". If I'm going to write it, it will be with bare-minimum planning. This is what I have so far for it:

"Silent will be a dystopian novel. The government has grown to fear the voice of the people, because of the introduction of psychics who can control people and animals with their voice. Between the ages of one and twenty, there is a 1/50 chance of that person being the feared psychic. However, these psychics are impossible to pick out from the regulars. Thus, the government is forced to silence the entire country. The original law is that nobody may speak except officials. However, a new law is brought up under a new leader where all those under the age of 21 must have their voice removed (Voice box taken, I am thinking). The main character will be one of the voice psychics who somehow avoids the surgery."

Three, I don't have a name for. Just some little jot notes on it:

"- What if your life was in the hands of someone else, and it was your duty to please them?"

- Criminals go through a surgery that places a device to their heart/brain. These criminals are given a host deemed as lawful to serve.

- At any given time, the host may kill the criminal with the press of a button without penalty

- Host of the main character is linked to a victim of a crime the main character was not caught for"

And lastly, a novel based on the plot of the poem "Paradise Lost". I suppose you could call it a fanfiction...

Which idea do you think I should do next month? xD

Re: Camp NaNoWriMo July 2013

No three. Sounds interesting. Also seems like it would work well for the camo
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I thought it was done during November!

I did it one time only. I'll have to wait and see if I have the time.
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        I thought it was done during November!

I did it one time only. I'll have to wait and see if I have the time.
        Regular NaNoWriMo is during November, yes. In recent years, they have introduced Camp NaNoWriMo, which was already done April of this year, and now it's coming again July. I didn't do it in April, so this is my first Camp NaNo.

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        No three. Sounds interesting. Also seems like it would work well for the camo
        Thanks for the input~!

I would love more input from you guys, even if you're not participating xD

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
          Regular NaNoWriMo is during November, yes. In recent years, they have introduced Camp NaNoWriMo, which was already done April of this year, and now it's coming again July. I didn't do it in April, so this is my first Camp NaNo.
          Ah, OK. Thanks for explaining it for me

I'd love to share my thoughts on whatever updates you give us.

Comment

Ah, OK. Thanks for explaining it for me

I'd love to share my thoughts on whatever updates you give us.
            Ah, and in Camp NaNo, you have the option to be 'assigned' to a 'cabin' that shares a similar genre that you are doing. It's quite cool!

I'm thinking about doing a Vlog on Youtube for it as well to keep track of my progress and whatnot. (Either every three days, or every day after writing)

Comment

I'm thinking about doing a Vlog on Youtube for it as well to keep track of my progress and whatnot. (Either every three days, or every day after writing)
              I would LOVE to watch that!

Comment

I would LOVE to watch that!
                In a creepy way?

//Sarcasm

You'll love it. My face is so beautiful to stare at for several minutes. Or, you know, you could get distracted by the many things that will be behind my head.

Comment

In a creepy way?
                  I'm a creep and a weirdo.

But no, that's not what I meant.

Comment

I'm a creep and a weirdo.

But no, that's not what I meant.
                    I had been kidding xP I think we've all had our creepy and weird moments...

Comment

I would love to participate but I don't have time, far too many fanfic projects running right now. Plus the Sherlock Holmes week is coming up in August and I am involved in too many projects as it is. Maybe I'll have time in November. Maybe.

As for your projects, three sounds interesting but it doesn't sound as if you have enough of a hold on it to make a novel of it in a month. Perosnally I'd go with two.
                      Whichever one you choose I'd love to read it once you're done.
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                        I would love to participate but I don't have time, far too many fanfic projects running right now. Plus the Sherlock Holmes week is coming up in August and I am involved in too many projects as it is. Maybe I'll have time in November. Maybe.

As for your projects, three sounds interesting but it doesn't sound as if you have enough of a hold on it to make a novel of it in a month. Perosnally I'd go with two.
                        Whichever one you choose I'd love to read it once you're done.
                        Oh, I'd be able to do it. The last novel I did for November, I worked off of a sentence I had been given in August. Planning isn't a problem for me, unless it's an Epic Fantasy. Then I have to literally answer 400+ questions in detail, make 20+ character profiles, relationship spreadsheets, plot spreadsheets, ect.

If you're working on a FanFic, why not just write the FanFic for NaNo? It doesn't have to be an original work. Heck, for Camp you could write poems, play scripts, ect.

Comment

Oh, I'd be able to do it. The last novel I did for November, I worked off of a sentence I had been given in August. Planning isn't a problem for me, unless it's an Epic Fantasy. Then I have to literally answer 400+ questions in detail, make 20+ character profiles, relationship spreadsheets, plot spreadsheets, ect.
                          See that is how I approach all my writing, so I was speaking a bit from personal experience. But if planning isn't a problem I would flip a coin between 2 and 3.

If you're working on a FanFic, why not just write the FanFic for NaNo? It doesn't have to be an original work. Heck, for Camp you could write poems, play scripts, ect.
                          Yeah, possibly. But I'm in the middle of a novel length detective story in the golden age style that is. There is no way I can finish it in a month. (Since taking up this crazy project I have developed a healthy respect for Christie, Sayers' Doyle and all the others. It is nowhere near as easy as it looks.) And it has too many followers that I feel like I can just walk away from it for a months too.
                          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I'm doing it this time around, but I'm just doing a novella. My husband and I are doing it together (wait, that came out wrong).

Comment

Working...
                            X