Visitor Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visitor Messages

I was browsing 'New Posts' and apparently I can see all the visitor messages people leave on profiles. It feels sorta...exposing, for lack of a better word. Do you all know we can see them on the New Posts? It's like watching weird flirting through a peep hole at times.

:=I:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Visitor Messages

I've been able to see all of them since I joined... I just assumed that was how it was supposed to be.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I've always been able to see VMs in the New Posts section too. But yeah. It's pretty weird. And don't mind my comment about VM virginity

Comment

I don't think I noticed it before. But it sorta weird. Like I'm snooping in on someone's conversation.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hear you. And right now, you're 'snooping' in on the conversation between Malflick and I xD

Well, you probably didn't notice it because nobody here seems to use VM often. Not to mention, the format looks similar to a forum post, so it's easy to miss unless you actually read where it came from.

Comment

snoop away! Join in! leave me weird messages about cookies! do whatever.

Comment

I haven't been able to see them before either and now I can. Very weird. But I just thought it had something to do with how many post you have made or how long you've been here or something.
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Huh. Well, I've been able to see VMs on the "What's New?" area since I became a member...

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                  Huh. Well, I've been able to see VMs on the "What's New?" area since I became a member...
                  There is also the possibility that I simply have managed to overlook them until now.
                  Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                    There is also the possibility that I simply have managed to overlook them until now.
                    I think, (and mods feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that you only see visitor messages posted to friends profiles...
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      I think, (and mods feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that you only see visitor messages posted to friends profiles...
                      Medusa isn't on my friends list though....

Comment

I thought that was the case Maria except that I can follow Malflick and Winter's convo and neither is on my friend list. I'll check with Juni later today.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Everybody's enjoying our conversation, it seems.

I hate mucus

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            I thought that was the case Maria except that I can follow Malflick and Winter's convo and neither is on my friend list. I'll check with Juni later today.
                            Mod powers? I never see anyone where at least one participant isn't on my friends list... Maybe I have too many friends...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... wait... neigther of them is on my friends list either... So, I guess everyone can see em...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The official word:

Visitor messages are public - like a bulletin board hanging outside everyone's own apartment door. Or like graffiti on each members outside wall. Anyone and everyone can read them.

Personal Messages are not public - like emails, they can only be read by sender (if their options were set to 'save outgoing messages') and recipient.

[And, by the way, exactly like emails, "personal" is not synonymous with "private". Emails are on a server, somewhere, and the host of that server can access the database where they could, potentially, retrieve the raw data. Just an FYI, for those that may not think about it.]

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                              X