Pan-Nordic influence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan-Nordic influence?

Anyone here who follows a Nordo-Celtic, Nordo-Hellenic, or other path that combines Norse-based practices with other types of spirituality? If so, what part does the Norse influence play in your overall approach to your spirituality? Have you noticed particular deities from the pantheons that get on well or don't get along so well?
    OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
    The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
    Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Re: Pan-Nordic influence?

Lately I have been "flirting" for lack of a better word with a couple Greek deities. Dionysus seems determined to have some sort of presence in my life, and I have a statue of Aphrodite in my bedroom. I would say that the bulk of my practice is Norse-based, and I still identify as Vanatru.

I have heard a lot of people say that, UPG-wise, Freyja and Aphrodite do not get along. Freyja doesn't really seem to care that much about my Aphrodite statue, but it's a common thing I've heard. I've also heard that the Norse gods tend to be very demanding and if you start honouring one, sooner or later six more will come knocking at your door (this I've found to be true for me).

I know of other Vanatruar who combine Norse and Celtic practices, but I don't really feel a connection with any Celtic deities, so I can't speak to that.

Comment

Working...
    X