Name the animal you're most drawn to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name the animal you're most drawn to

Definitely the animal i am most drawn to are Wolves. I love coyotes and dogs too. I feel so at peace when i hear there howls. Every time we go up hunting i hear them on the mountain and everyone im with usually freaks out a little bit but i always just want to sit and listen for hours. They are soooo beautiful.

Comment

birds. I should probably be more specific than that, but I feel a love and connection to every bird I've ever met. they're just so amazing.
      that said, my totem animal is a tiger

Comment

Bears. Not exactly sure why, but I am drawn to bears. I happened to see a black bear this summer, about 50 yds away from me on the way to my car and while everyone else just freaked out I just stood there and we looked at each other, I just smiled at him(I'm assuming it was a male) and it turned away like nothing was wrong.

Comment

Snakes.

Snakes, snakes, snakes.

Cobras especially, though I'm not sure I'd want to hold one. The greatest feature of my room is this big black cobra statue. The species of cobra you see in my avatar is Naja nigricollis, the black-necked spitting cobra.

I am not scared of snakes in the slightest and I would be happy to hold or even take care of a corn snake or other docile, nonvenomous snake. That said, I respect the personal space and habitat of snakes in the wild!

I'm not sure you can form a bond with a snake though like you could with a horse for example. It makes me a bit sad.

Comment

As a child, it was Tigers. Now a days? Wolves. Wolves everywhere.
            Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

All my life I have had dogs. I have been a foster home for rescued dogs for several years. I would love to work with wolves too (but they don't let you around them without a couple of degrees).

I have always believed that dragons did exist. Maybe not in the form or in the way that we believe them to have existed, but I'm convinced that they existed at one time. I'm pretty certain that my guardian spirit is a dragon as well.

All of my life I have been opposed to tattoos. There was no way I was EVER going to have a tattoo. Yet, here I am with "Mecha Dragon" embedded in my upper, left arm. Hmmm, how'd that happen?

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
              The resplendent quetzel. You're all shocked by this revelation right?
              I'm... I'm just... I... oh man! I NEVER saw that coming. :=o:

Comment

I have a very close connection with my so-called "spirit" animals. I'm not a fan of labeling them as that, but I feel as though my personality is intertwined with their nature on a very deep level. As can be seen with my username, the animals I connect to personally are the wildcats. Even though my avatar is a lioness, the cat I'm closest to is the cheetah, though I feel a connection with all wildcats. I don't connect with them because they are cute and cuddly, but I connect with their fierce nature and hard-wired survival instinct. Wild and untamed, prideful and graceful, yet incredibly dangerous and unpredictable. They are pure art of the universe, yet they have such a raw wildness in them. I feel as though my core self is as wild and untamed as them, and that I have that dangerous and instinctual side to myself that I hide from others. Most times I feel more wildcat than human.

Another animal that means much to me is the stag/deer. With the stag, it's not a representation of my nature, but rather the nature of my goddess. The stag is Her symbol and it's how She appears to me when I'm approached, and how I visualize her.

Comment

cats,goats and capybaras.
                  I know kind of an odd mix
                  but I do like them

Comment

I LOVE animals, more then humans!! But I have always felt drawn to a few specific creatures. the Canine (all species and likeness') and the Frog/Toad. I LOVE ugly animals that other would usually find gross or well..ugly. Hyena's, mushy faced dogs, toads and fat frogs, I love it! They made me smile! I spend alot of time with my dog, and just about any dog that I can! It is my dream to work WITH animals in some manner.

Comment

Elephants! I even have a half sleeve of a beautiful elephant.

for a long time during and after my pregnancy I believed elephants were my child's spirit animal. But then I realized this was untrue, it was mine. It came to me because elephants are motherly, loving ect an I finally could connect with it when I to shared the traits of an elephant even more than I had already. As a child my mom called her little elephant because I was afraid of mice and remembered every little detail, including random facts.

my child's animal is a wolf atleast for now that is what guides her. Fitting as she is incredibly independent, a leader, but has a soft gentle side.

Comment

I am most drawn to the wolf. That is my spirit guide. I also am drawn to dogs. I just love canines. They are beautiful creatures.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

HOOTERS.

And by that I mean owls, I just wanted to make sure you were all awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                            HOOTERS.

And by that I mean owls, I just wanted to make sure you were all awake.

I thought I was awake, but having read this and almost spit out my tea giggling I found out I wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends because I enjoy working with so many animals. Yesterday it would have been otters because I saw them everywhere. This lady was watching my Zorro dog from the swimming hole.

otter.jpg

Probably the animals I work with the most around here though are the corvids. I listen to the crows and the jays all the time so I know what's going on in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                            X