Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any experience with this school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had any experience with this school?

The school is called "Sacred Mists" and its an online course study for Wiccan studies. It looks good, and is rather affordable from what I'm seeing on their website compared to a lot of colleges out there.

However, before I do invest any money into this, I was wondering if anyone's had any experience with them, or if they've heard anything at ALL about them.

Here's a link to their "About" page: http://www.workingwitches.com/wicca/index.html
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Re: Has anyone had any experience with this school?

I've heard about them. Apparently, they are more reliable and better than "The Magical Circle School". The prices are very good.

Comment

thats what it was looking like to me. On their site they've actually got full course listings which is what caught my eye as to them actually being more reliable than some

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest concern is that I'm not quite really "Wiccan" and while I'd love to enroll in the classes, there's a part of me thats like "Oh hey, you're not strictly this, it might not be the best idea to go do all this stuff cause that'd be putting on a false image of yourself"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
        My biggest concern is that I'm not quite really "Wiccan" and while I'd love to enroll in the classes, there's a part of me thats like "Oh hey, you're not strictly this, it might not be the best idea to go do all this stuff cause that'd be putting on a false image of yourself"
        never hurts to learn! Even if you're looking at something you don't strictly believe in.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It's that whole "strictly" part for me lol. I'm more eclectic pagan than wiccan cause I follow a myriad of paths that all kinda intertwine. But I'm hoping that when I move I'll get a better job than where I'm at now, and I'd really love to do this and actually get a degree in something, especially something like this compared to trying to go for a graphic design degree like I had been working on before.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
            It's that whole "strictly" part for me lol. I'm more eclectic pagan than wiccan cause I follow a myriad of paths that all kinda intertwine. But I'm hoping that when I move I'll get a better job than where I'm at now, and I'd really love to do this and actually get a degree in something, especially something like this compared to trying to go for a graphic design degree like I had been working on before.
            You can get a degree and move on or grow. I have a bachelor of music education and a diploma of Indonesian, but now I also teach maths, pe and indigenous culture!

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I originally went for a degree in graphic design, but I had to drop due to money issues, the fact that my works are more fine arts than design, and a serious lack of will to learn from teachers who told me things like "Its okay to write on your laptop monitor with a dry erase marker cause it'll just wipe right off"...... -____-

I just really want to go back and get a degree in something, and this is one thing that really stands out for me that would be fun and I'd have an actual interest in learning, and is looking REALLY affordable all things considered.
              sigpic

Comment

Then do it!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Lol but money~!

If I can manage to get a decent job when I move next month I definitely will if I can get more info on this school
                  sigpic

Comment

Um, excuse my intersecting here, but you do realize that this isn't an accredited college, and by 'degree' they are referring to degree of initiation, not a BA or PhD etc? And even if they offer a Bachelor of Witchcraft, I'm not sure how much good that would be on a resume... just sayin'...
                    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Yes, I was aware lol.

However, the more I look into reviews, I'm seeing a lot of things I don't like, non accreditation aside.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        Um, excuse my intersecting here, but you do realize that this isn't an accredited college, and by 'degree' they are referring to degree of initiation, not a BA or PhD etc? And even if they offer a Bachelor of Witchcraft, I'm not sure how much good that would be on a resume... just sayin'...
                        Some people really just do like the structure of the classroom and study paradigm.

Comment

Working...
                        X