This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep safe tomorrow

Unless there is a full conviction tomorrow on 2nd degree murder charges it can, and probably will, get ugly tomorrow. And not just in Florida.

Be safe everyone, and keep awareness of your surroundings if you are out and about.

For those who keep reciting the mantra of 'it can't happen here'...

Re: Keep safe tomorrow

I presently live in Children of the Corn/Stepford Wife land LOL They'd only riot if anyone who looked like either Trayvon or Zimmerman moved in.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yea, not much worry where I am locally, though there is a 'hood a few miles off. I noticed BOTH of the cops on my street were firing off rounds out back today. They typically don't practice at home.

I'm more concerned for folks who live in major metro areas.

Comment

I ain't skeered.

They don't call the 12ga "street sweeper" for nothing. I'm old school. I know how to stop rioting in my area.

Comment

What are you guys talking about?

Mostly art.

Comment

Mine is the only town of any size for 100 miles around, and the nearest serious diversity is at least 200 miles. Opposite of where I moved here from..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Zimmerman verdict.
            sigpic

Comment

Riots. Because us Americans are dumb that way.
              Win a basketball game? Riot, of course.
              Trial doesn't go your way? Riot, of course.
              NSA snooping on your business? *crickets*
              We should call the Egyptians in and outsource our riots.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                We should call the Egyptians in and outsource our riots.
                They're kind of busy at the moment. Maybe the Canadians. I've never seen anyone riot like they do when they WIN, not lose, WIN a hockey game. :P

Riddle me that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
                  They're kind of busy at the moment. Maybe the Canadians. I've never seen anyone riot like they do when they WIN, not lose, WIN a hockey game. :P

Riddle me that one...
                  If you're referring to the 2011 Playoffs in Vancouver, we rioted because we lost.

Mostly art.

Comment

If you're referring to the 2011 Playoffs in Vancouver, we rioted because we lost.
                    Here's footage of that incident:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

They won't riot. Zimmerman isn't white and the Latins are just too lazy to get that angry. I'm not trying to sound racist or anything, it's just that seems to be how these things go down.

Comment

Make no mistake, if riots happen it won't be due to 'Justice' for Trayvon. It'll be for the same thing it always is... to destroy stuff and get free loot. For some people those tribal raiding and pillaging parties are not a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMK View Post
                          They won't riot. Zimmerman isn't white and the Latins are just too lazy to get that angry. I'm not trying to sound racist or anything, it's just that seems to be how these things go down.
                          I'm a Latino. I agree. We just won't care.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It has nothing to do with Latinos. There will be rioting if Z. walks, because he isn't black.
                            sigpic

Comment

I lived through the Las Vegas Rodney King Fallout riots. I happened to be working at an indoor swap-meet in our 'bad' part of town when they broke out. People smashed the big plate glass windows on the front of the swap-meet building and my brother-in-law was helping people get out the back loading area doors. On our drive home, deeper into the 'bad' part of town, people were running down the streets throwing molotov cocktails & carrying looted merchandise. The crazies set fire to the welfare extension office in their own area of town, and were frikkin' shooting at the firemen. Morons.

I keep expecting something to happen tomorrow, but I'm in a different line of work now, and working graveyard. Most likely, if anyone riots tomorrow, I'll sleep through it.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X