Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zimmerman....not guilty

Originally posted by StormBringer View Post
    You know, I expect to be banned or yelled at for this for ..
    Not sure why you'd expect to be banned for that...its neither racist, sexist, or unnecessarily antagonistic to staff or to other members (which is what the two members that were banned were banned for)...and it makes perfect sense.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StormBringer View Post
      You know, I expect to be banned or yelled at for this for ..
      I don't see why you would, you haven't said anything to insult any of us, ridiculed another user, or said anything sexist or racist, so I think you're fine. Also, you constructed an argument and didn't just yell loudly and then get mad that people disagreed with you.

You're good. Glad you chimed in .

And yes, that's good advice.

- - - Updated - - -

(and that's the last I'll speak on that unless there is an official thing about it. I've probably said too much already. They're gone, its in the past, shouldn't have continued it.)
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Not sure, I've a habit of picking at aggro mods is why, lol, half figured if I mentioned the 'b' word I'd get in trouble. Either way, lets everyone be glad this court case is over, until the next sensationalized one starts up, or something else happens to distract america from its problems eh??? I'd also hazard saying that sometimes people get upset over things and speak their minds, this may or may not please others but that's what differing opinions are about. For good or ill humanity is many colored both in skin and mentality and maturity, and this often causes conflicts at a social and personal level. It is a hard path to push through that sometimes really, both in the real world and on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          This is doubly true, the member in question received a permaban earlier today. There will likely be a more public announcement later this week.
          I see. Thank you for the heads-up.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Hmm, somehow leaving the scene of the violence, procuring a weapon and returning to the scene then shooting the person in front of your children simply does not appear to be part of the stand your ground defense. But good use of a red herring argument to shift the focus of the thread and slant of using the Stand Your Ground Defense..

Edited to add one must also consider she has former arrest and convictions for abuse and such not the spouse she shot.
            She did not shoopt her spouse, she shot the wall, and she was in her own home, and has no prior arrest record... But good use of the first thing to come to mind to detract from an opposing view.... I think her case may fall under the stand your ground law, but perhaps it would be best for us to move that particular discussion to a different thread... Hawk, wanna come with me?
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              She did not shoopt her spouse, she shot the wall, and she was in her own home, and has no prior arrest record... But good use of the first thing to come to mind to detract from an opposing view.... I think her case may fall under the stand your ground law, but perhaps it would be best for us to move that particular discussion to a different thread... Hawk, wanna come with me?
              Sure, I'm in!
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                No it wasn't the first thing to come to mind. And the report is she shot at him and the charge was about the potential of her injuring or killing not only the spouse but one of the children as well. So who is the one trying to distract attention? No me. No I don't think it fits Stand Your Ground as she left and came back so the situation had diffused to the point she could have called the police or left the scene all together.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  No it wasn't the first thing to come to mind. And the report is she shot at him and the charge was about the potential of her injuring or killing not only the spouse but one of the children as well. So who is the one trying to distract attention? No me. No I don't think it fits Stand Your Ground as she left and came back so the situation had diffused to the point she could have called the police or left the scene all together.
                  Sort of like Zimmerman following Travon Martin after the dispatcher told him not to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                    Sort of like Zimmerman following Travon Martin after the dispatcher told him not to do so?
                    Hmm since I wasn't there and can only go on reports which some state he followed others that Travon brought it back to him I don't know what is correct. But if your so sure and positive perhaps you were there and should have testified at the trail since the two witnesses appear to also have offered differing accounts as to what they saw unfold. Then perhaps it's just one saw the angelic 13 year old Travon with his smiling face which the public bough into while the other saw the other face which was hidden so as to not cast doubt upon Travon.

Either way it's not the same as the woman who left and returned with a weapon and fired a shot. Especially considering she would have known the potential outcome and what actions or reactions her actions would cause.

Comment

This is not currently a directive but could you guys take this to Maria's debate thread? You seem to be arguing the same basic topic in two places and I'd prefer to only monitor one of them unless there's a key difference I've missed between the current discussion here and the one in Maria's thread.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        This is not currently a directive but could you guys take this to Maria's debate thread? You seem to be arguing the same basic topic in two places and I'd prefer to only monitor one of them unless there's a key difference I've missed between the current discussion here and the one in Maria's thread.
                        Sorry just replied where I found the response. Will take any further discussion to the other thread if needed.

Comment

Shrug, it's a minor thing right now and I expect that both of you just answered the most recent reply in the thread you found it. Just makes life easier if all discussion on basically the same thing is in one place. Minimizes the odds that people will mix up the conversations and since this topic is tangential to the Zimmerman case, Maria's is the better thread to keep carrying it. Thanks.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                          X