Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Church of England proposes "Pagan Church" to try to prevent people from turning Pagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church of England proposes "Pagan Church" to try to prevent people from turning Pagan

So much facepalm. Oh well, at least Paganism is gaining popularity.

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Church of England proposes "Pagan Church" to try to prevent people from turning P

Much of what I read seems to scream "control the masses."

Then again, I'm very tired and I've ingested about 8 cups of coffee in the last 10 hours so.... it could just be my imagination.

Comment

Re: Church of England proposes "Pagan Church" to try to prevent people from turning P

If one considers that the number of Christian - Pagans is also rising i'd say the church actually has a reasonable idea there. Couple that to the influence that Christianity has upon developing neo-pagan practices that appear more Christian than pagan it also makes a sort of sense. For instance consider the idea of a more one on one relationship with the divine originates with the Protestant refirmation vice older pagan / heathen practices. Nor does it rule out many of the more folkish practices that combine various aspects of magical practices and Christianity it again makes a lot of sense to try and speak to that aspect, consider things like the Pennsylvania Dutch Pow Wow magics or many Granny type magics.

What I find interesting is here we have a link to an article that was copied completely by a Wiccan High Priestess and appears as if it is being passed as her own work though a link is included within the article to the original piece.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Next up, Wicchristianity. Or Christo-Wiccans?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          Next up, Wicchristianity. Or Christo-Wiccans?
          Actually... There are Christo-Wiccans. It's weird, but I don't judge. In fact, if it wasn't for one big "no-no" practice I do, I would be considered a Christo-Wiccan xD

Comment

To be fair, it was one researcher who made the comment and later went on to clarify that it was not happening, it was just something he would of liked to see.

I can't see the church moving in that direction isn't official way just because there were so many issues with that type of thing occuring in the early days of Christianity in the UK. The Roman church got quite militant about stamping it out.

Comment

Because people take the church of England seriously anyway? I know some people are religious and belong to that church, but it has pretty dwindling membership, and many who still go are kind of lackluster about it.

Also, when did the Church of England and the Anglican Church of Canada get so different? The latter is based on the former, but is somehow a million times more open minded.

Comment

Plenty of English people take it seriously. I'm pretty sure this story has been myth busted anyway.
                You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

I don't think anyone is going to fall for that. It's like trying to troll but not realizing that everyone realizes your trolling. Even though you told them.

Comment

I'm mostly interested in how they think that would work; Pagan church with Christian services... okay, sure. Now how do you expect to draw in any Pagans/people interested in Paganism? And if the center of it is Christianity, how is it a Pagan church?

Comment

Originally posted by Erika View Post
                      I'm mostly interested in how they think that would work; Pagan church with Christian services... okay, sure. Now how do you expect to draw in any Pagans/people interested in Paganism? And if the center of it is Christianity, how is it a Pagan church?
                      It's a church made to convert Pagans to Christianity. It's not meant to make people interested in Paganism. It's supposed to repel them from it.

Comment

Is this like those summer camps meant to turn gay kids into straight kids? Haha, it doesn't seem like it would be too far fetched for a group to come up with something like that. Though I would imagine it to more likely happen in the Bible belt of the USA.

It would be great if it was a combination based on the lighter side of Christianity mixed with reverence for the earth and some Pagan tradition. By lighter side I mean stuff like the Sermond on the Mount and some of the other peacefull teachings of Jesus. Might make the world a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                          Actually... There are Christo-Wiccans. It's weird, but I don't judge. In fact, if it wasn't for one big "no-no" practice I do, I would be considered a Christo-Wiccan xD
                          It was a joke :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Maythe View Post
                            Plenty of English people take it seriously. I'm pretty sure this story has been myth busted anyway.
                            Yeah I wouldn't really trust it when the only link to the story seems to be an Examiner story. Anyone can write for Examiner.

Comment

Working...
                            X