First public ritual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First public ritual

I usually do my own solitary ritual, but i was invited to a mabon festival my pagan community is arraigning in september.
    I have no idea how to drees, act, bring with me, say to others etc.
    do you have any tips? Or maybe just a story about your first public ritual?

Re: First public ritual

You can ask somebody about this. You can read about different Paganism - beliefs, and have a common idea about some religions.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Py9 View Post
      I usually do my own solitary ritual, but i was invited to a mabon festival my pagan community is arraigning in september.
      I have no idea how to drees, act, bring with me, say to others etc.
      do you have any tips? Or maybe just a story about your first public ritual?
      Hi,
      First thing I would do is ask the people who invited you if they have any dress code or require you to bring anything.
      Different covens have different customs, so its always good to ask.

The last big ceremony I went too , only the Priestess and a couple of others were allowed to wear any ceremonial clothing.

Basics I would always do no matter what:
      1: ask for more details from them.
      2: If its going to be done at night, get some warm clothes and something waterproof just in case
      3: Generally some kind of food and drink is always handy to have for afterwards. And nothing bonds people together quite like food and drink
      4: Some form of torch/lantern

Really though its best to ask them
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Yes, thanks. I asked one of the people organizing the ritual, she said that i can come with what ever i want to, and that it's going to be a very light ceremony so it would fit the new members of the community.
        I'm still exicted but less worried.

Comment

That's great

Comment

Ah, this takes me back. I crashed an event being held by an unusually large coven when I was just 16. (omg... it's been a decade since!) It was a 3 day Beltaine affair with workshops and kids and camping and a band~ They even had a wedding part of the ceremony! The coven members were super forgiving when I clumsily tried to copy their movements and follow along. They even told me if there was anything I felt uncomfortable I didn't have to do it and to respectfully stand quietly. At one point in time we all held hands to help the seal the circle and I ended up somehow between a ten year-old and his dad. Everyone was wearing black robes except a handful of us wedding/circle crashers, lol. The kids did a May pole and the bride went and touched it for fertility magic. They even jumped over a bonfire and broom. *sigh* it was amazeballs.

As long as you show true interest and try to do things their way, you'll probably be good. I hope they're as cool as the group I stumbled upon. The biggest thing is to show respect and have fun. Fun is the quickest way to fill a circle full of energy. Laugh, dance, eat and be merry!

note: I can still remember looking over their class and workshop schedule and being super embarrassed as the High Priest had to explain to me what poly-amorous relationships were! haha~ :shy:

Comment

Working...
            X