Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cascade, a new book of poetry (plus a play!) in print and for Kindle!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cascade, a new book of poetry (plus a play!) in print and for Kindle!

Hey everyone! My new book of poetry, which thanks to a generous Kickstarter also includes the full text of my unproduced play "Paper Gods". If you enjoy poetry, or theatre, check it out! And feel free to ask any questions you have about the book .

You can buy a print copy here on Createspace directly:

Or from Amazon.com! (This link is Amazon US, but the book should be available in every country Amazon has a site in! Just search "Cascade James Wylder" and it should pop up.)

Or of you want an electronic copy, its also available on Kindle:

Thanks, and hope you enjoy!
    -Malflick
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Cascade, a new book of poetry (plus a play!) in print and for Kindle!

Hey, cool!! Thanks for sharing!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

welcome

Comment

Awesome Malflick, once pay day gets here I'll be sure to order. I only enjoy fellow posters works.

Comment

I made this list as a way to promote it on social media, thought I'd share

Top Ten reasons you should immediately purchase Cascade:
          1. There is a bird on the cover. Birds can fly. You cannot fly. Instead of attempting to prove us wrong, because our lawyers disapprove of that, you can instead buy a picture of a bird, which is sort of close to flying.
          2. There is a love poem to a weeping angel in this book, so you should definitely buy it and look at it intently so as to avoid the possibility the book will attempt to borrow your phonebox.
          3. The author of this book once won a JV Track and Field half-mile race. That means he is a winner.
          4. You can read a play that was written on prescription medication, while the writer had a high fever. Usually that sort of thing doesn’t go to print. Ever wanted to read an amazing fever dream? NOW YOU CAN!
          5. In said play, Jesus hangs out with Horus, there is a revolution, a musical number, pastiches of British TV, serious social satire, rollicking comedy, and heartbreaking tragedy.
          6. There is a sonnet about Master Chief from Halo. Seriously. This exists now. It can’t be unmade! Celebrate its existence!
          7. There is some honest and beautiful love poetry, though I guess that doesn’t fit with the tone of the rest of this list, but really, it’s quite good. Not to mention if you run into an emergency situation where you need beautiful love poetry, you will regret not having this book with you. Immediately purchase to prevent this problem.
          8. There are Haiku’s, a Villanelle, and Sonnets, so that you can act really pretentious and tell your friends you’ve read some of those poetic forms. (Monocle not included.)
          9. There is a poem that ends the book that is several pages long, which can be read aloud. Never again be caught off guard without a chapter length poem to read aloud!
          10. It has that poem everyone likes about how Japan’s Pop culture can be scary. Seriously, for most people, “Japan, Oh God, Japan” is reason enough to buy this book. It could be that poem with 180 some blank pages after it, and they’d buy it. But it is actually full of wonderful things!

Comment

I'll order a copy sometime this week or the next.

if you impress me with it you will be a writing god considering I don't read much of anything.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              I'll order a copy sometime this week or the next.

if you impress me with it you will be a writing god considering I don't read much of anything.
              Excellent XD! I hope you enjoy it. Adding 'Writing God' to my resume would be nice...

Comment

Dangit, its got to be larger.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways upon being impressed I'll mail you an official certificate for your wall office. Your chances of becoming the #1 author in the world go up 99% with that certificate. Promise.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post

Dangit, its got to be larger.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways upon being impressed I'll mail you an official certificate for your wall office. Your chances of becoming the #1 author in the world go up 99% with that certificate. Promise.
                  I am really seriously hoping you like it right now 0_0!!!! I need this wall plaque.

Comment

Lolling at your 10 reasons Mal,

and Docs certificate.

haha

Also I want a free signed copy. Budding artists need to start somewhere, right?
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Lolling at your 10 reasons Mal,

and Docs certificate.

haha

Also I want a free signed copy. Budding artists need to start somewhere, right?
                      When I am rich I'll get you a free one :P. I can't afford to give them away I'm afraid lol.... I could sign a copy and send it to you if you sent me a payment through Paypal or something.

Comment

Hey Mal, if it's OK with you, I wanna share your links on facebook.

Can I?
                        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                          Hey Mal, if it's OK with you, I wanna share your links on facebook.

Can I?

Absolutely! I'd love for you to. Any of you are more than welcome to if you want !

Comment

No physical copy of cascade available on Amazon.ca? I went to go get one and there is only a kindle version.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                              Absolutely! I'd love for you to. Any of you are more than welcome to if you want !
                              Done!

[4:82]

Comment

Working...
                              X