X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Just watched "Victor Frankenstein" with Danial Radcliffe as Igor,Pretty good actually.
    Did you see him in Swiss Armyman? What a bizzarfest!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Did not see the Movie,but did catch the trailer.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Mommie Dearest.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Have any of the anime fans seen a series called 'School Live'? JP made me watch the first episode last night. He said 'You're going to love this'. I was watching thinking 'it's just some cutesy high school drama, what on earth made him think I'd like this?'. Then the last 2 minutes happened. Omg! I did not see that coming!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

American Gods. I've been waiting to see this since I first heard it was in the works a few years ago, and now that the first season is done I've got it all at my fingertips to binge upon. I'm only a few minutes into the first episode but so far I'm loving it. Wednesday is a riot, Shadow fits very well as to what I expected and ... so far so good!

Comment

I am so afraid this is going to ruin it. Can't watch yet.

Comment

Orange is the new Black

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                  American Gods. I've been waiting to see this since I first heard it was in the works a few years ago, and now that the first season is done I've got it all at my fingertips to binge upon. I'm only a few minutes into the first episode but so far I'm loving it. Wednesday is a riot, Shadow fits very well as to what I expected and ... so far so good!
                  I watched it as it aired and waiting a week between episodes was horrible. Wish I'd waited until the whole series was available to binge on in a weekend! I was convinced my mum would love it so insisted she watch it too. She had to come to our place to watch it on the PS4 and it was hard to find time when we were both free meaning I had to wait a week between episodes again (although we watched 2 at a time). We eventually finished watching it together last Thursday. It was definitely worth watching again because there's so much you pick up on once you know what's coming.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    I watched it as it aired and waiting a week between episodes was horrible. Wish I'd waited until the whole series was available to binge on in a weekend! I was convinced my mum would love it so insisted she watch it too. She had to come to our place to watch it on the PS4 and it was hard to find time when we were both free meaning I had to wait a week between episodes again (although we watched 2 at a time). We eventually finished watching it together last Thursday. It was definitely worth watching again because there's so much you pick up on once you know what's coming.
                    Odin is well ... He really is so very Odin. I'm purposefully watching later in the evening so that I can really only watch 2 episodes at a time so I don't burn through them too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                      Odin is well ... He really is so very Odin. I'm purposefully watching later in the evening so that I can really only watch 2 episodes at a time so I don't burn through them too quickly.
                      See, I was actually wondering what Norse/Northern Tradition folk made of this version of Odin. I love his portrayal of the roll. He manages to pull off being highly charismatic and yet stomach churningly vile in the same character. My only explanation is that he used actual magic! Lol I mean, honestly, why am I sympathising with this guy and not the modern gods?

I don't want to do spoilers so I won't say who said it or in what context, but my favourite line from the show is 'We're like the wind, we blow both ways' (speaking of fae/gods). I want to print that and put it in a frame so I can see it every day!

Damn, just thinking about the show is getting my feels going. It really left an impact and I can't wait for season 2!
                      Last edited by Jembru; 25 Jul 2017, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        See, I was actually wondering what Norse/Northern Tradition folk made of this version of Odin. I love his portrayal of the roll. He manages to pull off being highly charismatic and yet stomach churningly vile in the same character.
                        That sounds about right. I've worked with Odin a number of times, and as much as Loki gets all the credit of being a trickster, Odin makes it a point that he won't be forgotten that he too can be a complete bastard. Fatherly, caring, and stern one minute then dismissive, demanding, and almost cruel the next. A deep comforting love living and thriving right along side a quiet and violent anger. They don't call him the "All-Father" for nothing!

Comment

Wait, it's a show? I've heard people gushing about the book so I've been meaning to look into it

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                            Wait, it's a show? I've heard people gushing about the book so I've been meaning to look into it
                            It's available on Amazon Prime and is absolutely amazing. Very violent, gory, explicit... all things that put me off Game of Thrones, yet the idea of gods living amongst us had me fascinated enough not to let the opening scene put me off (ah it was brutal). It's got the Neil Gaiman aesthetic for sure.

I've never worked with Odin, but after seeing this version, I don't think I'll go seeking him out anytime soon! It's why I was so curious to know how those who do work with him feel about the portrayal.

Comment

The Whisperer in Darkness, my favorite Lovecraft flick.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just finished watching The Mighty Ducks. Been forever since I saw it. Nice watching old movies.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X