The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Glee, Bones, mostly in the background or when cleaning.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Season 3 of Outlander. It finally came to Netflix in the Netherlands...

Comment

Just watched the first two episodes of the new Sabrina series on Netflix... I don't do horror... I was a little surprised how creepy it is. But it's sooo good I'm just gonna have to love with the nightmares
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            Just watched the first two episodes of the new Sabrina series on Netflix... I don't do horror... I was a little surprised how creepy it is. But it's sooo good I'm just gonna have to love with the nightmares
            It is surprisingly creepy. I can't remember the comics, but I can't imagine they were anything like this. I'm not sure where they are going with the religion aspect. It's not what I expected, and I am intrigued with where they are going. I'm not sure I will get any sort of satisfaction with it though.

It's been pretty bingey around here. Anyone else watch the Haunting of Hill House? I mostly really liked it. I think they managed to keep the tone quite true to the original book even though the story is quite different. I also liked how the story fell together in pieces, and we saw the events from each person's perspective. I'm not sure I liked how it ended, though.

Comment

I'm watching Sabrina too. I thought it was going to be a bad remake of the original series, but it's very different. And I love it

Comment

I also have just seen the first two episodes. I'm not much of a television watcher, but I loved the original Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a kid, so I wanted to give it a shot.

I do like it - both the lady who plays the teacher, and the lady who plays Zelda absolutely knock the creepy witch part out of the park. I like the added feminism, I like the androgyny, and I really like the addition of the cousin.

I don't like the way witchcraft is portrayed to be essentially satanism. We've worked for years and years not to come off as creepy satan worshipers, and I'm pretty sure this show isn't going to help the public image of paganism. But....*shrug*. It's entertaining, at least.

Mostly art.

Comment

V, my husband just got done watching the new Sabrina, and love it. My girlfriend refused to watch it after the first episode or two because of how it portrays paganism/witchcraft. I don't think I really want to watch it, it just doesn't interest me.

I've been watching Call the Midwives. Finally off my Bones kick. I need to sit down and watch Two Weeks (I have to do a grief analysis on a character in the movie...)
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm watching Mysteries of the Abandoned. If anyone likes history and abandoned sites this is a great show to watch.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Binging "Dexter",never watched it before,but found it on netflix. Interesting to say the least. I was surprised it ran 8 seasons.
                      Last edited by anunitu; 04 Nov 2018, 22:26.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
                        I'm watching Sabrina too. I thought it was going to be a bad remake of the original series, but it's very different. And I love it
                        Ya'll might be interested in this:

Satanic Temple Sues Netflix Over ‘Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina’ Statue: Temple locks horns over lack of respect in new streaming series.

I recognized that statue...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've started watching the show, but tbh, I don't know anything about satanism. This link makes me want to learn more though...

I just love anti-government activists.

Mostly art.

Comment

Been watching Superstore on Hulu. It's hilarious and I can't watch it fast enough.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Wow... I did recognize Baphomet in the series. I didn't realize they literary copy-pasted an actual existing statue of him. I'm curious where this is going.

Comment

The Satanic Temple are being a bit too hissy about this IMHO. Completely understand the copyright lawsuit. It's their design, that cost them a small fortune to create and make a statue of.

But...
                                I'm amazed that anybody is confused as to why we would seek legal remedy over Sabrina using our monument. Would they be as understanding of a fictional show that used a real mosque as the HQ of a terrorist cell? A fictional Blood Libel tale implicating real world Jews?
                                Clearly they are angry about the show portraying Satanism in a bad light, yet they always portray Christianity in a bad light. It's easy to see that this is more about being butthurt than money, which is sad. The Satanic Temple, despite some good initiatives, prove to me that they've become just a bunch of gotchic SJW. Victims. Satanists are never victims.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X