Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Just watched "Victor Frankenstein" with Danial Radcliffe as Igor,Pretty good actually.
    Did you see him in Swiss Armyman? What a bizzarfest!
    Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.

I can't do everything, but I can do something.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Did not see the Movie,but did catch the trailer.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Mommie Dearest.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Have any of the anime fans seen a series called 'School Live'? JP made me watch the first episode last night. He said 'You're going to love this'. I was watching thinking 'it's just some cutesy high school drama, what on earth made him think I'd like this?'. Then the last 2 minutes happened. Omg! I did not see that coming!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

American Gods. I've been waiting to see this since I first heard it was in the works a few years ago, and now that the first season is done I've got it all at my fingertips to binge upon. I'm only a few minutes into the first episode but so far I'm loving it. Wednesday is a riot, Shadow fits very well as to what I expected and ... so far so good!
    "The streams called Ice-waves, those which were so long come from the fountain-heads that the yeasty venom upon them had hardened like the slag that runs out of the fire, - these then became ice; and when the ice halted and ceased to run, then it froze over above. But the drizzling rain that rose from the venom congealed to rime, and the rime increased, frost over frost, each over the other, even into Ginnungagap, the Yawning Void. Ginnungagap, which faced toward the northern quarter, became filled with heaviness, and masses of ice and rime, and from within, drizzling rain and gusts; but the southern part of the Yawning Void was lighted by those sparks and glowing masses which flew out of Múspellheim. Just as cold arose out of Niflheim, and all terrible things, so also all that looked toward Múspellheim became hot and glowing; but Ginnungagap was as mild as windless air, and when the breath of heat met the rime, so that it melted and dripped, life was quickened from the yeast-drops, by the power of that which sent the heat, and became a man's form. And that man is named Ymir, but the Rime-Giants call him Aurgelimir" - The Gylfaginning

I am so afraid this is going to ruin it. Can't watch yet.

Nov 2010
    Religion
    I made my own, for myself, with no name.

Orange is the new Black

Oct 2010
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    American Gods. I've been waiting to see this since I first heard it was in the works a few years ago, and now that the first season is done I've got it all at my fingertips to binge upon. I'm only a few minutes into the first episode but so far I'm loving it. Wednesday is a riot, Shadow fits very well as to what I expected and ... so far so good!
    I watched it as it aired and waiting a week between episodes was horrible. Wish I'd waited until the whole series was available to binge on in a weekend! I was convinced my mum would love it so insisted she watch it too. She had to come to our place to watch it on the PS4 and it was hard to find time when we were both free meaning I had to wait a week between episodes again (although we watched 2 at a time). We eventually finished watching it together last Thursday. It was definitely worth watching again because there's so much you pick up on once you know what's coming.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Northern Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Jembru View Post
    I watched it as it aired and waiting a week between episodes was horrible. Wish I'd waited until the whole series was available to binge on in a weekend! I was convinced my mum would love it so insisted she watch it too. She had to come to our place to watch it on the PS4 and it was hard to find time when we were both free meaning I had to wait a week between episodes again (although we watched 2 at a time). We eventually finished watching it together last Thursday. It was definitely worth watching again because there's so much you pick up on once you know what's coming.
    Odin is well ... He really is so very Odin. I'm purposefully watching later in the evening so that I can really only watch 2 episodes at a time so I don't burn through them too quickly.
    "The streams called Ice-waves, those which were so long come from the fountain-heads that the yeasty venom upon them had hardened like the slag that runs out of the fire, - these then became ice; and when the ice halted and ceased to run, then it froze over above. But the drizzling rain that rose from the venom congealed to rime, and the rime increased, frost over frost, each over the other, even into Ginnungagap, the Yawning Void. Ginnungagap, which faced toward the northern quarter, became filled with heaviness, and masses of ice and rime, and from within, drizzling rain and gusts; but the southern part of the Yawning Void was lighted by those sparks and glowing masses which flew out of Múspellheim. Just as cold arose out of Niflheim, and all terrible things, so also all that looked toward Múspellheim became hot and glowing; but Ginnungagap was as mild as windless air, and when the breath of heat met the rime, so that it melted and dripped, life was quickened from the yeast-drops, by the power of that which sent the heat, and became a man's form. And that man is named Ymir, but the Rime-Giants call him Aurgelimir" - The Gylfaginning

Oct 2010
    Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    Odin is well ... He really is so very Odin. I'm purposefully watching later in the evening so that I can really only watch 2 episodes at a time so I don't burn through them too quickly.
    See, I was actually wondering what Norse/Northern Tradition folk made of this version of Odin. I love his portrayal of the roll. He manages to pull off being highly charismatic and yet stomach churningly vile in the same character. My only explanation is that he used actual magic! Lol I mean, honestly, why am I sympathising with this guy and not the modern gods?

I don't want to do spoilers so I won't say who said it or in what context, but my favourite line from the show is 'We're like the wind, we blow both ways' (speaking of fae/gods). I want to print that and put it in a frame so I can see it every day!

Damn, just thinking about the show is getting my feels going. It really left an impact and I can't wait for season 2!
    Last edited by Jembru; 25 Jul 2017 at 17:40.