This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

I can hear thunder rolling in. This will be interesting, it's 'Sankt Hans Aften' here (kind of a midsummer celebration) and people are out having bonfires that are supposed to be lighted in about half an hour...
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Warcraft... Who else saw this movie? The critics have it the thumbs down, but I absolutely loved it. There was a lot of room for improvement in regards to the quality of CG, set and costume design but I wasn't bored for a minute. I wasn't into learning lore when I played WoW, but I followed the story without a hitch. I'm a big fan of Khadgar and I liked the way the similarities and differences between the two factions were portrayed. I would watch this movie again in a heartbeat. However, I also really liked Elf...

Comment

The kids loved it. The hubby and I enjoyed it a lot too. I think anyone expecting Hollywood to be faithful to a book or a game or even a previous movie has unrealistic expectations. Anytime that you redo something it's going to get changed to fit somebody else's Vision. I think in that way, even though the story wasn't exactly the same (which apparently bothered a lot of people), I think they did a pretty good job. In my opinion they remain faithful to the idea but not hidebound to it and, to be honest, I would have been bored if I'd had to go watch a movie of the exact same thing I'd ever seen playing the game.

. Also I loved th merlocs.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I want someone to edit together all three LOTR movies, but cut all the frodo-sam bromance scenes...
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I want someone to edit together all three LOTR movies, but cut all the frodo-sam bromance scenes...
            But but ... those have many of the best scenes in those movies! :P
            [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
              Warcraft... Who else saw this movie? The critics have it the thumbs down, but I absolutely loved it. There was a lot of room for improvement in regards to the quality of CG, set and costume design but I wasn't bored for a minute. I wasn't into learning lore when I played WoW, but I followed the story without a hitch. I'm a big fan of Khadgar and I liked the way the similarities and differences between the two factions were portrayed. I would watch this movie again in a heartbeat. However, I also really liked Elf...
              Long as it's the first in a series, it was great. Without sequels, it's good but sacrificed too much to set up a larger plot.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Watched a pretty interesting video about the symbolism in Pokemon.

Last edited by Denarius; 27 Jun 2016, 14:02.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The Others

Comment

Binge watching 666 Park Avenue.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This week in tech podcast.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

House M.D. My favorite show.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Bob Ross.

A week ago I was watching bears.
                          baah.

Comment

The Americans. Finally starting to catch up with Season 4.

Comment

Great guy, may he rest in peace.
                              I loved watching him paint and learned quite a bit.
                              He is one of my heroes.
                              Last edited by DragonsFriend; 02 Jul 2016, 21:13.
                              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The Memorial for the Dallas Police Officers. If they do a movie about this incident, the Chief could be played by Samuel L. Jackson.

And..I saw a preview of an ABC fall show starring Keifer Sutherland, but I forgot the name of the show. Jack Bauer by any other name is always worth watching! He had a show a couple of years ago that showed how people all over the world were connected. He played a dad of a boy who didn't talk much but knew stuff. Forgot the name to that one, too.....

ETA: Designated Survivor is the name of the new show. It starts on Sept. 21
                                Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 12 Jul 2016, 10:56. Reason: added title of show
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X