This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it, but I've been watching the Pretty Little Liars series, having found it on Netflix. As much as it's just crazy teen drama and stuff that I don't really care about, I'm sort of intrigued as to what's really going on.

Comment

Star Trek Generations
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Three-headed shark.

Comment

Another installment of Bad Movie Weekend! Scroll through Netflix, and find the oddest sounding movies possible, or failing that simply watch horror/thriller movies until it starts to get dark and my overactive imagination tells me that I really need to stop.

Right now I'm watching something about a writer and his girlfriend staying in a house that's haunted so that he can write a book about his experiences. Up next? Wolfcop!

Comment

There is on SYFY today a movie about Lava breathing tarantula's (Title is Lavalantula)...Could not make something like that up... OH SYFY,you begin to approach "Crazy"

Yeh,made that up right.
            http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...union-and-more

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              There is on SYFY today a movie about Lava breathing tarantula's (Title is Lavalantula)
              I'm gonna DVR that. Yesterday was "Sharktopus" about (what else?) a shark/octopus mutant.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There is on SYFY today a movie about Lava breathing tarantula's (Title is Lavalantula)...Could not make something like that up... OH SYFY,you begin to approach "Crazy"

Yeh,made that up right.
                http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...union-and-more

They're starting to parody their own parodies.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm watching it now. There's a quick guest spot by Ian Zeiring who stars in the Sharknado movies. They ask his advice about the spiders, and he says, I'd love to help you but I've got shark problems right now. LMAO!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This might be my first ever post in this thread... I generally don't have the attention span for movies or tv series, but I think I've found something with the pulling-power to keep me interested. I wrote in my 'second self' thread about how I learnt of an animated series from Japan called 'Silver Spoon'. After an introduction like that, I had to watch at least an episode, and well, it has blown my mind!!

It's a risky show for a vegetarian, as it takes a very down-to-earth and candid approach to modern livestock farming. Chickens have their heads chopped because they're not good layers.. horses are sold for meat when their racing careers end, the school has a modern battery hen facility. It's definitely not for the feint hearted. And yet.. vegetarian though I am, I'm intrigued to see these things from the other side. To see the difficult choices the students have to make, like the guy who wanted to be a vet his whole life because he loves animals, and is hit by the reality of how much of his career will involve killing animals.

The detail and accuracy of the information on animal husbandry is fascinating. I don't know so much about farming, but I grew up around horses and the information on horse care is very accurate, so I can only assume that most of it is well-researched.

The main character reluctantly joins the riding club and learns how to care for horses. Some of the things that are said about horses, and their relationship with man are truly moving, and I confess that I've cried real tears twice, in just three episodes! I'm truly enchanted. It's well-worth suffering a few graphic butcherings. I genuinely think I could come out the end of this just a little bit more worldly-wise.

So help me gods I'll make it to the end of this series...
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm watching Law & Order. Yup. I'm up late at night with nothing to do but watch TV and work on D&D character sheets.
                      "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

That's nothing.. I've got 'Dead Sushi' on DVD. A zombie movie where sushi come to life and start killing people. Complete with a wonderful scene where a naked girl who was being used to serve sushi to distinguished guests, is eaten alive by the nasty beggers..

If I didn't own the full movie, I'd think this trailer is fake, but I swear it's real!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                        I'm watching Law & Order. Yup. I'm up late at night with nothing to do but watch TV and work on D&D character sheets.
                        Totally off-topic but.. you do the whole DM thing? Cool. My partner, JP just started getting into D&D a few months back and he particularly likes to be dungeon master, (in fact, to my knowledge, he's never been a participant). He has already DMed a few decent games for friends, and he loves to do impressions so includes all kinds characters with various voices and accents. I love watching him at work.. But.. we probably shouldn't discuss this here. ^^
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Dead Sushi? I so want to watch that! Even if there was humping sushi. I have to see that. I will search for a DVD.
                          "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Currently watching Saw 6.
                            -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

Watching Australia's Border Control show. Jesus. They are strict.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Just watched cinderella, the new live action one not bad... really jealous of the dresses...

And now bbc is showing Dara O'Briain
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment