Snake Oil Salesmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake Oil Salesmen

Today I discovered that my mom had a man come to her house and knock on her door. The man was selling some sort of mineral water. He noticed my mom looked sick so he took the opportunity and started marketing this mineral water to her. My mom has small bumps all up her spine that could be tumours but we don't know, either way she seems sick and is not doing so well. He told her that drinking this jar of mineral water is known to shrink tumours, cure cancers and heal all kinds of illnesses. She ended up paying 300$ out of pocket for a couple jars of it. When I found out, I looked at the stuff, its basically water with some little flakes of iron in the bottom. Its a crock of shit. I threw it all out and talked to my mom and she said she made a mistake and he seemed like a nice man.

If I find the guy who ripped my mom off and told her she could be cured I swear I'll break his knees.

Two of the many ways to get on my shit list:

1. Hurt/screw my mom over.
    2. Joke about cancer/tumours and claiming to cure it.

Anybody else had experiences with these kinds?
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Re: Snake Oil Salesmen

...Wow. I know this goes without saying, but that guy is awful.

I've had experience with them, but in person, and I always just listen roll my eyes and walk away.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

This one a friend of mine showed up with today....
      this is directly from their website
      This Breakthrough can save your life, or the life of a loved one. The answer to AIDS, hepatitis A,B and C, malaria, herpes, TB, most cancer and many more of mankind's worse diseases has been found. Many diseases are now easily controlled. More than 75,000 disease victims have been included in the field tests in Africa. Scientific clinical trials have been conducted in a prison in the country of Malawi, East Africa.
      Miracle mineral solution, it's friggin' Salt! Salt!

his and i am quoting here, his "friends sister had her genetal herpes cured"......
      I am inclined to disbelieve...

He told me to use it for acne, I told hm that I shan't be.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I've dealt with all sorts of low-level con artists, etc. They are a scourge upon the Earth!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yuck. You should report him to the RCMP. That can't be legal.

I've never personally been approached with such offers, somehow. I see people post a lot of quack medicine stuff on facebook though.

Comment

We have a local police, the NRP. But I'm not going to involve them, more trouble than its worth. Its a small town, we'll find the guy. I won't hurt him but I'm definitely getting the money back and I'm gonna dump all the broken glass from his jars on his front step. That'll be satisfying enough.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              We have a local police, the NRP. But I'm not going to involve them, more trouble than its worth. Its a small town, we'll find the guy. I won't hurt him but I'm definitely getting the money back and I'm gonna dump all the broken glass from his jars on his front step. That'll be satisfying enough.
              Sounds like a pretty good plan. I hope you find this guy.
              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                Sounds like a plan...glad you're calling him on his bs!

Comment

Working...
                X