Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protection? Or maybe something else... (knowledge of voodoo, candles, and protection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protection? Or maybe something else... (knowledge of voodoo, candles, and protection)

So I have an ongoing issue with a voodoo practitioner... Who has on multiple occasions, threatened to curse me. I have not practiced any type of magick since I was in my early twenties, and to be honest my first thought was a spell that would send anything she sent my way right back to her but couldn't think of anything... The only type of magick that I have seen this person practicing is some variation of candle magick. I saw candles at her house and she had said something in the past about lighting certain candles and keeping them lit 24/7 until the person gets the 'punishment' or whatever the spell is meant to do. This woman has never liked me has said as much. Since the first time I met her I have brought hostess gifts (every time I went to her house) and was kind and cordial etc but she has treated me badly since the first time we spoke. Her background as far as I can tell is that she is a mid-thirties to early forties Haitian woman who knows at least voodoo and candle magick, and speaks Creole French and English. The situation in which she threatened me was the following: She called my house upset about something and we were talking back and forth she was very agitated and I was a model of composure; until she got especially mad about something she was talking about, and said she was going to put a curse on me and on my (at the time) 1 yr old daughter. I was taken aback, lost my cool, and told her "You are a crazy b*tch" and then she set off to a level I have never seen in a human being, only in beasts like a rabid dog, or a harpy. She started howling and screeching at me, (I don't like to admit but that level of savagery and plain insanity scared me a bit) she screamed that she would curse us and (while ranting about "how dare I call her a bitch") she said that my mouth would rot out for saying that to her and that my life would end and be destroyed etcetcetc... Soooo tell me what you think

Re: Protection? Or maybe something else... (knowledge of voodoo, candles, and protect

Originally posted by asystmd View Post
    So I have an ongoing issue with a voodoo practitioner... Who has on multiple occasions, threatened to curse me. I have not practiced any type of magick since I was in my early twenties, and to be honest my first thought was a spell that would send anything she sent my way right back to her but couldn't think of anything... The only type of magick that I have seen this person practicing is some variation of candle magick. I saw candles at her house and she had said something in the past about lighting certain candles and keeping them lit 24/7 until the person gets the 'punishment' or whatever the spell is meant to do. This woman has never liked me has said as much. Since the first time I met her I have brought hostess gifts (every time I went to her house) and was kind and cordial etc but she has treated me badly since the first time we spoke. Her background as far as I can tell is that she is a mid-thirties to early forties Haitian woman who knows at least voodoo and candle magick, and speaks Creole French and English. The situation in which she threatened me was the following: She called my house upset about something and we were talking back and forth she was very agitated and I was a model of composure; until she got especially mad about something she was talking about, and said she was going to put a curse on me and on my (at the time) 1 yr old daughter. I was taken aback, lost my cool, and told her "You are a crazy b*tch" and then she set off to a level I have never seen in a human being, only in beasts like a rabid dog, or a harpy. She started howling and screeching at me, (I don't like to admit but that level of savagery and plain insanity scared me a bit) she screamed that she would curse us and (while ranting about "how dare I call her a bitch") she said that my mouth would rot out for saying that to her and that my life would end and be destroyed etcetcetc... Soooo tell me what you think
    I take it you must work with this woman or are linked through family - or perhaps are neighbours? Otherwise I can't imagine why you must continue to be exposed to her.

Vodoun magick is no more "powerful" than any other magick. My advice is to start with the mundane and protect yourself and your family from her - if she is making threats of any sort, you have a right to seek legal advice. Harassment is harassment. What else can you do to keep her away from you physically? What exactly is your connection with her?

Comment

Re: Protection? Or maybe something else... (knowledge of voodoo, candles, and protect

As above, do as much as you can to keep out of her way physically, and if your really bothered about the idea of her cursing you, then before you go to any extremes just carry a piece of iron with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
        I take it you must work with this woman or are linked through family - or perhaps are neighbours? Otherwise I can't imagine why you must continue to be exposed to her.

Vodoun magick is no more "powerful" than any other magick. My advice is to start with the mundane and protect yourself and your family from her - if she is making threats of any sort, you have a right to seek legal advice. Harassment is harassment. What else can you do to keep her away from you physically? What exactly is your connection with her?
        Yes, we are linked through family, it's my mother-in-law... and I have seen her once since then (mind you this is 2011)(we did not speak but I saw her in her car glaring and speaking under her breath ((crazzzyyy :P))) and have kept my daughter away as well... My husband no longer insists that she or I see her because he knew that threats were the proverbial "nail in the coffin" for the relationship. I considered going to the police at the time but had no proof/ a recording, seeing as it was on the phone, also my husband asked me not to because of extenuating circumstances.
        So technically, I am no longer exposed to her, but I know she holds a deep grudge against me, that I assume is ever-growing because we "cut her out" of our lives. My husband is planning to visit for Christmas and my daughter and I will go to see my family, but I am a bit worried the upset of that will renew the feelings that might cause her to act if she had not already...
        So what in particular would you suggest as the "mundane" start? I would love a few suggestions :^^:

Comment

First off yes seek mundane protection. Locks, restraining orders, asking police to keep an eye around your house, carrying pepper spray or something.
          I'm a little concerned that she would threaten her granddaughter in addition to you. At the very least you'd think she wouldn't want to hurt an innocent child.

While Vodou and the Lwa are not my expertise, magical protection techniques usually work across the board. Basic things like shielding if you feel foreboding or nervous can go a long way but over long periods can be exhausting, especially if you're inexperienced. There's some basic protection threads floating around if you want to check those out too. Shielding is done through a thing called visualization. Basically imagine energy covering you and protecting you. The most common method is to imagine the energy like a sphere around you that moves when you move. Another very effective method (and my personal favorite) is like a suit of armor, complete with a sword and shield if you desire. Always remember to think "solid, strong, nothing can hurt me". The point is both to use your energy to defend against any attacks (like an actual suit of armor would defend against physical blows) and to empower you with confidence. Believing in yourself is an important element here. Fear is one of the most potent weapons in a malicious spell caster's arsenal.

Charms and talismans have been used since the beginning of time to defend against harmful magic and spirits. Researching some protective symbols and incorporating them inconspicuously into your life could be helpful. The triskele, the pentacle, Celtic shield knot, and the eye of Heru are worth researching as they are centuries old symbols of protection and power as well as visually quite beautiful which is useful in concealing them if necessary. The symbols can be carved into wood, drawn on paper, stitched into fabrics or whatever. Crosses and other religious symbols also fall into this category if they appear to you. Other more abstract talismans also exist based on different traditions and these vary greatly. Perhaps maybe you would like to research vodou defensive charms? Different gemstones have attributes useful for protection and this also could be researched but stones can be expensive and personally I dislike them. It's nice to remember that nearly anything can be blessed or else made into a charm for protection or other positive effects.

Finally deities have long been called on to assist in repelling harmful energy. Depending on your belief sets there is likely a protective deity whom you could call on. Reciting prayers or hymns or just asking for a deity's help can be helpful. The major protective beings that humans call on generally have enough power to defend against any curse humans could make if you can get them to help you. Should you have no particular affinity to any god or spirit then offerings to lwa associated with protection could be made since the supposed source of your curse is likely using vodou, however this requires at least introductory knowledge of the lwa and some research. Giving offerings to spirits and deities to gain their favor or to turn aside their anger was a common method of interacting with magic in the past.

Marking or blessing yourself and areas through smudging, holy water, use of some oils or herbs, charged incense, salt or ash from a ceremonial fire can make a barrier and protect areas like your home. Regularly performing a standard banishing ritual can keep your area spiritually clean. An easy banishing ritual is the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram which is considered by many as a standard ritual. The ritual can also be adapted if the original isn't to your liking.
          Circe

Comment

There is no magic that is more powerful than any other, only those who are more skilled at wielding it.

You are doing the heavy lifting for your mother-in-law by already being afraid of her. You believe in her power. She sells her abilities to you with intimidation and brute force, and there you sit, buying them up like hotcakes. If her magic works on you, it is because you're giving it power and deference over you and your own innate magical properties.

She has already told you what she intends to do (curse you and frighten you), so she has given away her cards. She sounds petty and driven, so she could be a bit of a problem.

I would not use a deflection spell. I would use a mirror to direct all of her own energy back at herself rather than try to redirect it into the universe to mix in with all the other bad intentions floating around out there.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Power of suggestion can be and is a very convenient tool.I have worked on several cases such as yours and it in every one of them related back to the same thing.You sound to be a very superstitious person by nature and fear the woman and what she practises as well.I honestly believe that because she involved your daughter in what she said to you about the curse she is relying on this.You are allowing her suggestion to manifest inside of you.

As an example you do not know me or what I practice but if we were to come to a dsiagreement over something that was said on the forum and I told you that you would grow warts the size of grapefruits on your but would you believe me?The only thing different is you know the woman and her practices.You must not allow this to continue for your own sake and sanity.

You have practised magick before so when I say the answer is within you will know what I mean.The answer is within your inner self,go there and listen well you will know what must be done.
              silly old man

Comment

There's a lot of people that have covered pretty much everything I would have said already, so I'll just add one thing.

All magic is energy. If you cleanse that energy of intent, you can make it yours and do with it as you will. The possibility of curses isn't nearly so scary once you understand that.
                "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                X