Ph.D Muslim writes book on Christianity; bashed under assumptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph.D Muslim writes book on Christianity; bashed under assumptions

Every video I see of Fox News is always stupid. How the heck are they still on air? They're bashing literally every religion that is not Christian. First Paganism and Wicca, now she's saying that a Muslim cannot possibly write about Christianity without having a hidden agenda.

Since when has religion been used as a scale for what you can, and cannot write about? I know quite a bit about Christianity myself (more than most Christians) and I actually plan on writing a non-fiction on Christianity when I come of age... I'm even working on a fiction novel right now that has heavy Christian influences.

Now I just wonder if people will take me seriously if I mention that I'm Wiccan! Jeez!

Re: Ph.D Muslim writes book on Christianity; bashed under assumptions

Derp, Fox News being Fox News, what did you expect?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Now, I'm willing to bet - given that it's Fox News - that every Christian who writes about Islam is perfectly objective and unbiased.

No major media is reliable anymore, but Fox has completely jumped the shark.

Comment

I actually listened to an interview of the author on NPR radio with Air Talk. It was awesome. His religion was brought up at the beginning. He explained his field of expertise, and then they moved along to talk about the book. Which is quite interesting and I might actually get it.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So many books on Christianity have Christian assumptions though. They assume that what Christ preached was more or less what made it into the four canonical Gospels, and eventually became orthodox Christianity. They assume that the NT is a fluid and logical continuation of the OT, and so on. I have to say, a book on Christianity written by a Muslim may contain far fewer assumptions.
          If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X