Saw the oddest thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the oddest thing!

So this happened a couple of days ago but ive only just got round to posting it up haha. So the other day at i dunno 4 or 5 AM i woke up to a cat on my bedroom window sill that looked at me then went out the window, i know what your thinking not really weird, thats what my half asleep mind thought, then when i woke up again later and remembered it and started to think on it it got odd.

First of all, it didnt look like normal cat (at least its outline didn't) like really fluffy and its ears had weird tufty bits on top of them (i've attached an general idea of the ear, im rubbish at drawing sorry) it was about half the size of a normal domesticated house cat (say about the same size as and 8 month kitten) . so second its was that just before dawn light where everything looks sorta pale. now i could see the (pale) colours of my curtains and bed and everything on my window sill. But the "cat" was just black like a shadow almost i could see no details no eyes, nose, whiskers (other than the faint out line). Now heres were it gets really weird, the "cat" was about half a foot away from the part of my window that was open and the minute i looked at it, it nonchantlatly trotted along the sill turn around and jumped through the gap in the window. not so strange right? except i have tonnes and tonnes of brick a brack and nick nacks and ornaments on my window sill, there was no way (even with their legendary steathlyness) that a cat could walk along the sill without knocking something over or atleast brushing against somthing and moving it causing a sound. this thing moved with absolutly no noise. then comes the window its self, its hinged on its vertical side and opens outwards. thing is it has one of thouse child safety lock thing on it where it will only open to like a three inch gap (what i had it open to) unless you like reach into the hinge area and push down the lock mechanism to allow it to open fully. that "cat" should not have been able to get out of it the way it did not that easily anyway it just hopped through, the size of it it should have at least had to do a litlle manouvering to get its head through. and all this is while my friends dog (im looking after here) was asleep on the bed at my feet she didnt even move twitch or act as if there was a cat there (fair enough she could have just been completly out of it)

so does anyone have any idea's as to what it was? i have several idea's of what it could be but none feel exactly like the truth if that makes sense.

1) i was dreaming (i woke up to go to the loo i was diffinatly awake)
    2) it was a hypno-pompic halusination (sp?) i have never had them when i wake up i'm fully awake and aware in seconds
    3) it really was a cat, there on my window sill and jumping out the window. how the hell did it get in without me knowing and why was it so weird.
    4) it was a rat or other small furry actually there. I do live in a relatively rural area so maybe but again i was defo sure it was a "cat"

theres a fifth option

5) animal spirit (spirit guide) or a fae. but to be fair i dont really have any experience with either of those to even know how to tell if that was or wasnt the case

so anyone got an idea

Re: Saw the oddest thing!

Personally, I would assume a baby Cat Sith - a type of faerie creature from Celtic mythology - but of course, I'm delusional

Comment

Could have been a red squirrel. They're small, nimble, and have tufted ears.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        Could have been a red squirrel. They're small, nimble, and have tufted ears.
        haha true, but no deffo not a squrril though now you've pointed that out thats exactly what its ears looked, but yeah it was too big for a red squirril and its head was the wrong shape. plus theres no reds left around here now the greys run the place.

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
        Personally, I would assume a baby Cat Sith - a type of faerie creature from Celtic mythology - but of course, I'm delusional
        no idea what that is so im gunna read up on that.

anyone else got a creature it could have been?

Comment

Recently, I've been reading Be Blessed, Daily Devotions For Busy Wiccans and Pagans by Denise Dumars. Great book, I think, although it isn't exactly a book of daily devotions, not like the Christian sort that is so popular. While it does contain a great variety of prayers, affirmations (some of which are addressed to "Goddess and God," some are heavily Egyptian-influenced), and exercises, much of the book reads like many other Pagan books, and the author offers many personal experiences and humorous anecdotes. The book has some bad reviews on Amazon because of that, but I think it's an awesome book.

Anyway, the author goes into the topic of "astral familiars," familiars who exist on the astral plane rather than the physical one. She describes how she met what she thought was the ghost of a cat, and how it hung around and she feels chose to be her astral familiar. Supposing it wasn't something mundane, maybe you've got a new friend in a high place.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
            squrril
            You spelled 'squirrel' the way it sounds coming from a british accent. This amuses me greatly.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
              Anyway, the author goes into the topic of "astral familiars," familiars who exist on the astral plane rather than the physical one. She describes how she met what she thought was the ghost of a cat, and how it hung around and she feels chose to be her astral familiar. Supposing it wasn't something mundane, maybe you've got a new friend in a high place.
              hmmm interesting idea ill have to have a look into that. still looking for a mundane explination aswell more for the fact that if i manage to rule them out it means i know that animals arnt getting into my house haha.

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
              Read up on them and hmmmmm there wasnt a white spot on its breast sooo i dunno maybe, but i am a loooong way from the scottish highlands, and Cait Sidhe as far as i can tell have never been reported in england but thanks anyway

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              You spelled 'squirrel' the way it sounds coming from a british accent. This amuses me greatly.
              Meh my spelling is atrocious i know, and glad i amused you

Comment

Working...
              X