Viking/Medieval Fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking/Medieval Fairs

So, as some of you know, I am a viking reenactor. Which means I go to shows all over the country Lots of these shows are multi-period. So as well as the Vikings, there's usually Normans about, Knights, Tudors etc.

I thought I'd keep this thread up to date with shows I'll be doing, and as just a heads up of any shows happening at various places

These are the shows happening in August (The one's I'm attending are in red):

August 3rd - South Shields - Northumbria Vikings will be at Arbeia Roman Fort portraying life and times of the Saxon period to celebrate the return of the Lindisfarne Gospels to the North for the 2013 tourist season.

August 3rd - Loch Lommond, Argyll - Gala Day with Viking Encampment and skirmishes

August 11th - Crocketford - Vikings have been asked to return to the Crocketford Gala. The show runs from 12-4pm, this is a friendly village community event. The camp will contain a blacksmith and other traditional crafts. We will also have the Cluaran boat for people to learn about Norse and Hebridean clinker building.

August 17th - 18th - Chatelherault, South Lanarkshire - Scotland s Festival of HistoryFor 2013 the festival will move to a new home - the Grand Avenue of Chatelherault, the magnificent 18th century hunting lodge of the Duke of Hamilton, who is also Duc de Chatelherault in France.
    This means a historic and very scenic home with visitors also having all the facilities that this 5* VisitScotland attraction offers - from the house and its various facilities to the magnificent park. There is a railway station, and bus stop, right at the park entry. Chatelherault is just two miles off the M74 at Hamilton in South Lanarkshire.

August 17th-18th - Cumbria - For the first time, Muncaster Castle is hosting Herlid Vikings to show what life
    was like in Cumbria during the Viking Age. With a living history encampment and exciting combat between Viking warriors, this will be a weekend to remember.

August 24th - 26th - Northumberland - The Vikings return to
    Lindisfarne for a three day major event over the August Bank Holiday weekend. The site is on an island at high tide and access is dependant on tide times.

August 31st - 1st September - Dee Valley, Wales - 12th century Welsh military encampment at Corwen at the foot of Caer Drewyn Iron Age Hillfort. The event celebrates the gathering of the Welsh army (under the leadership of King Owain Gwynedd) on the eve of the Battle of Crogen (1165 ad. It was from here that the army marched on King Henry II.
    A two day event, come witness the sites and sounds, crafts and combat displays of a military encampment on the eve of battle.

Working...
X