This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am confused...

Um, good luck with your test Gleb. I also am not sure what this is even about but clearly it means something to you so I hope it works out.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Now I'm even more lost.

Could you maybe explain WHY you think you're called to Kemetic and why those gods are/should be interested in you? Of course this is all based on the assumption that this thread is about finding answers to one's path, which I'm really not sure about at all. So what ARE you looking for?
      "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Many thousands of years ago, in every paganish country, each city was preying to 1 major God. He helped the city the most.
        I am called Kemetic because I believe in the paganism of Ancient Egypt. This path fits me the most.
        During the last priod of time, I felt lack of connection with my faith. There could be lots of reasons why. The goal of this thread is to find a possible reason to the lack of connection. Maybe it's pointless now...
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
          Many thousands of years ago, in every paganish country, each city was preying to 1 major God. He helped the city the most.
          I would dearly love to see some evidence for those claims.

I am called Kemetic because I believe in the paganism of Ancient Egypt. This path fits me the most.
          So you've decided to fit yourself into something. Okay. But that's your doing. What about the gods? How are they involved?

During the last priod of time, I felt lack of connection with my faith. There could be lots of reasons why. The goal of this thread is to find a possible reason to the lack of connection. Maybe it's pointless now...
          You probably aren't going to like this suggestion, but could you be feeling a lack of connection because you've come to realize it was one sided all along?

Why not just let go of your preconceived notions and see what happens?

Comment

I had a bond until July. It was 2 sided.
            So you've decided to fit yourself into something. Okay. But that's your doing. What about the gods? How are they involved?
            You can ask this question almost everyone in this forum. It's a pointless question.
            I studied history enough, so I can tell you for sure. In addition, I looked for data myself.

Look, if you don't like the post or something, write a pm or get me in chat.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I had a bond until July. It was 2 sided.
              And? I'm not in your head. I have no idea what change in July.

You can ask this question almost everyone in this forum. It's a pointless question.
              I studied history enough, so I can tell you for sure. In addition, I looked for data myself.
              I've studied history too, and it doesn't support your claim. Rather it shows many gods in many areas, only some of which claim said god helped their town or whatever, though some made that claim of multiple gods. So I would very much like to see some support of your assertion.

Look, if you don't like the post or something, write a pm or get me in chat.
              What on earth are you talking about? I'm perfectly happy to post here. If I wasn't then I wouldn't.

Out of curiosity, is English a second language for you?

Comment

It is the 3rd.

Comment

Many thousands of years ago, in every paganish country, each city was praying to 1 major God. He helped the city the most.
                  This is mostly incorrect. While many cities and towns revered local deities (for example the number of township deities in kemet is simply astounding) or dedicated their cities to them (Athens for example) and their worship was important to the people as well as the political and social nature of the city that did not mean that that particular deity was the only one worshiped or even that their worship was the most major. For mostly political reasons religious leaders would attempt to popularize native local deities by giving them traits of the invading gods who were gaining more popularity. By this method many gods would have their traits projected onto the local deity, eventually the most popular god may be equated with the local god or else absorb it. This cultural diffusion shows clear exchange of deities between cities as well as major worship of several deities in each city. Practically speaking people would have mostly prayed about the fertility of their crops, victory in war and mundane things like finding a spouse or having a child. Many times the local deity would not have the particular expertise for the wants of the worshiper. For example if your city's patron is a god of warfare why pray to him for having a baby? The ancient people were polytheists regardless of which god had favor with the ruling class of the city, the common folk had a wide range of gods suited to the common things in their life.

On the thread at hand, Hawks are symbols of Heru and Re in Kemet so perhaps you may want to ask one of them? The Kemetic gods are insistent and usually pretty blunt when they want something. Send your prayers, make your offerings, ask them if you can but if not don't be too worried. I've learned not to spend too much time thinking about signs since it's usually redundant anyway. If they want you to know something you will know it

Also I assume hebrew is his first language.
                  Circe

Comment

Russian is my first language, Hebrew is the second.
                    By saying "1 major God" I meant 1 primary God, and others near him.

Comment

Russian is my first language, Hebrew is the second.
                      By saying "1 major God" I meant 1 primary God, and others near him.
                      Even if there were the case--which wasn't always so, and where it was, may very well have changed from generation to generation--this in no way supports that assertion that said god actually helped the city.

Now what does any of this have to do with your question?

Comment

I happen to know that in Viking towns usually each individual household chose or was chosen by a patron god/dess and they would honour that deity in their home. So there could be like 40 different honoured deities in a town. As far as the Norse go anyways.
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm locking this thread. Too many high horses in this conversation. This nitpicking and word twisting has got to stop!
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                          X