This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my search for a pagan religion

i have struggled to find one that suits me so far so i have come to see the more experienced for any ideas what my beliefs may fit into. i would really appreciate it if someone could direct me to the right faith i shall list my main beliefs.

i believe in mother nature is supreme and loving, we and animals have souls, some souls can have a special connection, i dont believe in worship of deity's, love and acceptance are the main morals, i don't believe in re-incarnation nor hell but that everyone goes to heaven-of a sort. i dont believe in sin but i believe that we are responsible for what happens on earth. i believe in rituals not much worship
    but lastly i believe in spiritual unity. does this ring a bell to any pagan religion?

Re: my search for a pagan religion

"Your own path you make with every step you take." - Joseph Campbell

Starkitty, why not take your believes, and be on your own path? Find your own way to divinity and spiritual satisfaction. You don't need to jar your beliefs into a name, you can believe what you believe without it being an already established religion.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

What you describe fits into the Pagan religion in my opinion. You certainly do not have to classify yourself any further to be pagan. There seems to be trends in the pagan religion which Pagans appear to concentrate on. Graham Harvey in his book "What do Pagans Believe" points out three themes tin paganism - 1. Celebrating Nature 2. Working Magic 3. Honoring Deities. You may connect mainly with one, two or all three of these aspects and still be Pagan but in the whole collective of people who describe themselves as Pagan these seem to be important aspects of the Pagan religion. Your beliefs are very similar to what I believe in. It was the aspects of nature celebrated in the Pagan religion that brought me here but I have also found interest in my Celtic and Saxon past and the deities associated. I hoped this may have helped and would like to know more about what you believe.

Comment

i believe in mother nature is supreme and loving, we and animals have souls, some souls can have a special connection, i dont believe in worship of deity's, love and acceptance are the main morals, i don't believe in re-incarnation nor hell but that everyone goes to heaven-of a sort. i dont believe in sin but i believe that we are responsible for what happens on earth. i believe in rituals not much worship
        but lastly i believe in spiritual unity.
        In this case, I think that Wicca fits you pretty well.
        I hope you will find your path soon.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I have had a try with Wicca for quite a few years and it does fit me at this time I have considered other paths but I agree my beliefs may fall under Wicca . Do you know of any types of Wicca ?

Comment

Originally posted by starkitty476 View Post
            I have had a try with Wicca for quite a few years and it does fit me at this time I have considered other paths but I agree my beliefs may fall under Wicca . Do you know of any types of Wicca ?
            There are many forms of Wicca, but it seems the most common form nowadays is "Solitary Wicca". There are many traditions of Wicca, but most involve needing initiation by a high priest or priestess (Such as Gardnerian or Alexandrian). Solitary Wicca is pretty straightforward, taking shape based on the person's views. A few things that need to stay together, however, for it to be considered "Wiccan" is acknowledging the "Wiccan Rede", the "Law of Three", celebrating the Sabbats and Esbats, and working some bits of magick (witchcraft) into the mix. Some traditions such as Dianic Wicca only worship the Goddess (Or she's more prominent than the God, anyways) as a feminist tradition... So whatever works for you. You could be a Hard or Soft Polytheist, a Duotheist (The usual choice)... ect.

Comment

starkitty I'm a silly old man that learned many years ago that along with classification comes restriction.My classification is me and by saying this I have the freedom to take my path where I choose and I follow no one.

Your beliefs are sacred to you as they are you.Do not worry about classification be you and be proud of it.
              silly old man

Comment

Perhaps you can have a look at your own heritage and look at photos of your family and see if something 'strongly connected to you' presents itself? I believe that our DNA has a certain amount of 'residue' of our family bloodline that goes back to the beginning of time. Somewhere along that great DNA journey will be some pretty powerful pagan lines that may cross your own path of discovery.
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I definitely agree with Auseklis. I have a strong Anglo-Saxon background and when searching for my path Norse paganism just felt right to me. Sort of like I could feel it in my blood (if that makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by starkitty476 View Post
                    Maybe Eclectic Wicca is more your forte?
                    Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Hi, I have no specific name for myself and have started out as pagan 'officially' last year, mostly I like to read, visit the beach alot, celebrate the seasons and write in my diary and do small rituals, just be yourself and I think lots of people find that what you are will come out on its own xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

There's no need to restrict yourself within a box. You are who you are. You believe what you believe. If a certain, pre-established path within the umbrella which is Paganism doesn't truly resonate with you, leave them all be and be content with your own. Honor your beliefs, honor yourself.

Comment

Working...
                        X