Kenyan lawyer takes State of Israel, Jews to Hague over Jesus' death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenyan lawyer takes State of Israel, Jews to Hague over Jesus' death

Sorry don't even know what to think on this one.

A Kenyan lawyer has filed a petition with the International Court of Justice in The Hague, suggesting that the trial and crucifixion of Jesus Christ was unlawful, and the State of Israel among others should be held responsible, Kenyan news outlet the Nairobian reported on Friday ..
    Dola Indidis wants the IJC to consider a re-trial of Jesus Christ, convict those responsible for his unlawful crucifixion.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Kenyan lawyer takes State of Israel, Jews to Hague over Jesus' death

I am just WTFing all over the place on this one.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well we're at it, I'm going to take France to court for paying for King Richard the lionheart to be imprisoned back in medieval times. I believe that was wrong for a government to pay to have another disabled. You can't discredit the text books.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Israel didn't even exist then. If he was going to be this crazy shouldn't he try to prosecute the Romans? Oh wait, he is. After reading it.. well it's still racist, crazy and ignores the fact that the criminals are well and truly dead but ignoring all that he might have a chance. If he can find someone with a jurisdiction that covers it. Also why just Jesus. Millions have been unfairly murdered
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          Israel didn't even exist then. If he was going to be this crazy shouldn't he try to prosecute the Romans? Oh wait, he is. After reading it.. well it's still racist, crazy and ignores the fact that the criminals are well and truly dead but ignoring all that he might have a chance. If he can find someone with a jurisdiction that covers it. Also why just Jesus. Millions have been unfairly murdered
          I can guess why just Jesus.

Christians are the largest religious group on earth.

No proper Christian would say Jesus' death was not wrong.

This lawyer wants money and recognition for a case he is convinced he can't lose.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
            Isn't the whole basis of christianity that Jesus's death was righteous in that his sacrifice washed away humanity's sins? that's not to say his murderers are good but his death was a necessary evil, if you can call it an evil really.
            Circe

Comment

Isn't the whole basis of christianity that Jesus's death was righteous in that his sacrifice washed away humanity's sins? that's not to say his murderers are good but his death was a necessary evil, if you can call it an evil really.
              The sacrifice of jesus still happened, this would just get back at the people who "did it" or at least in this lawyers mind.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                Sorry don't even know what to think on this one.

http://www.jpost.com/International/K...s-death-321555
                People file stupid lawsuits all the time.

You hear about the filing on the news. You don't hear when they are quashed at pretty heinous cost to the idiots in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                  I can guess why just Jesus.

Christians are the largest religious group on earth.

This lawyer wants money and recognition for a case he is convinced he can't lose.
                  Actually plenty of Christians think Jesus' death was a super great thing. I'm not one of them, but yeah.

Main point is that this is simply a footnote in a long long history of people using Jesus' death as an excuse for their antisemitism.
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Aside from the religious or philosophical stand points... I'm pretty sure that some 2k years later... the (or some sort of) statue of limitations has run out, no?
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      Aside from the religious or philosophical stand points... I'm pretty sure that some 2k years later... the (or some sort of) statue of limitations has run out, no?
                      technically speaking there is no statute of limitations for murder.
                      Circe

Comment

technically speaking there is no statute of limitations for murder.
                        Hmm. I confess I don't really know much about the law(s), especially from other countries/regions, when it comes to Murder. (Also, I haven't read the article, yet. lol)
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Shrug, on one hand, no statute of limitations for murder. On the other, this was an execution by the Roman government and the Roman Empire is dead so unless the Hague has recently gained jurisdiction in new and interesting places, it's a waste of time, effort and money.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Shrug, on one hand, no statute of limitations for murder. On the other, this was an execution by the Roman government and the Roman Empire is dead so unless the Hague has recently gained jurisdiction in new and interesting places, it's a waste of time, effort and money.
                            His suit is against the current goverments of Italy and Israel so I compare it to this. Say your great grandfather killed my great grand uncle many years ago and I decided to take you to trial.
                            Circe

Comment

This just doesn't work on so many levels. Even if we get into the details of this and they decided that it -WAS- unlawful, how are we going to start punishing international crimes committed thousands of years ago? We'd ALL be in trouble, because we've all done something wrong at some point in history. Good work, logic.

Comment

Working...
                              X