What makes you keep going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What makes you keep going?

Sometimes, when I face a hard situation, I tell myself- "It's not going to end this way!".
    I think it is defined as self dedication to my beliefs.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

What keeps me going is the fact that when I am dead I will never see the Sun again, and I so dearly love it.

I have a lot of rough times, and that has always been the one thing that has kept me here.

Comment

It can be very difficult sometimes to find the silver lining, but I always have to try.

Usually the silver linings in my life are the amazing people in it; my family especially. I am very luck to have a strong and loving family that always pick me up when I fall. Also a lot of the things I am going through in my young life and as a young adult my mother and grandmother went through before me. My grandmother and I both have aspergers (or rather my grandmother is going through the diagnosis process now at 66, but it's a forgone conclusion) and so when I talk to her about worries, feelings and fears it's like talking to an older and wiser version of myself. I've always thought of my Mum and Gran as the strongest people I know, and when I look at all the things life as thrown at them it gives me hope for myself. Life goes on, no matter how many times it knocks you down. x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

What keeps me going... hmmm...

Well, I'd say my curiosity, my love for knowledge and life, my desire to never let myself be beaten down. I also hope to have kids and love them greatly and my significant other, and impart onto them a loving childhood and teach them caring ways. I want to see the world, not on a cruise boat, but live, in person, traveling and living in that world. To help others, and solve the mysteries of the mind are also dreams that keep me going.

Comment

This is not my first time around the block. I have been here before.

I remember a few details of those past lives and I can say a few things with certainty. First, they were lives lived with my soul mate. This time around the block I am without her. I've known this for a very long time and it hurts terribly. But I also know that I'm here by myself for a reason and I'm not getting out of here without doing what I need to do.

Second, I know that this lifetime is very temporary. I try not to get too bogged down in the minutia of it all. The path of the spirit is far more important than how many dollars I have in my checkbook.

Third, curiosity. I've seen a bunch and want to see more.

Comment

Philosophically, the fact that pain is only an illusory feeling that passes over my mind like a cloud in the sky- a feeling that can be approached from many different angles.

Practically, the people in my life who I have strong bonds of love with, the fact that I am young and have plenty of time to make a bright future for myself, and a desire to keep going so that I can learn more, grow more, and spiral out with my feet on the ground

Besides that, when things are going terribly wrong and I'm feeling desperately hurt or depressed, I can keep myself trucking along by remembering that things weren't always this bad; that everything changes all of the time and this dark night of the soul is impermanent, like everything else in this dimension.

The Universe is pretty darn huge, and even if shit's going down the drain at a particular point in my life, it's a comfort to know that the bigger picture is just fine and always will be.

Comment

Wow, thanks for your comment, I will use it.
                It can really help some of us.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Me? Why thank you, Gleb ^.^

Comment

I don't really think of hard times as hard times. Without pain we couldn't know strength, without sorrow we can't know joy, without hardship we can't know victory. Its all just "life" to me. Beauty is just as painful as it is wonderful to behold.

Lol as my gym coach used to say "pain is weakness leaving the body".

Comment

My dogs, wife, and kids, (yep in that order as the "kids" are adults now)but mostly no matter what problems life has delt me I'm just not ready to go yet! There's just to much I would still like to do and see on this side of the turf.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                        I apologize for any feels I induce with this, but honestly what keeps me going hits kinda deep.

When I was 8 and a half years old (around June) , I was told my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and wouldn't live to see my 9th birthday/christmas. Now, unlike a lot of people who catch cancer like that at stage 3-I got seriously lucky. I did-she ended up fighting and surviving til the October after my 11th birthday. However.....on my 8th birthday, six months before she got diagnosed, that christmas I got a very grown up card for an 8 year old.

It talked about believing in the person, and hoping that they followed their dreams, not just on their birthday, but throughout life. That they were so amazing and had so many things going for them.....

At the bottom of the note was a hand written note from my mother, telling me that she knew it was a bit grown up for me at the time, but it was how she truly felt, and that she wanted me to keep it, and when I'm older to read it often and a reminder of "who loves this baby best" (one of the things she would tell me when I was younger.

It didn't hit me til a few years ago when I read it again when I had a spell of missing her more than usual that....at that point....she knew. Before the doctors told her, before tests were taken....that she knew she wasn't going to make it much longer. I won't lie-I broke down and hugged that card and cried like a little kid. But afterwords, I read it again, and again, and took it to heart. That it really was what my mama wanted for me.

And to this day, it's kept me going. Its kept me pushing, that no matter how shitty life seems to be, that I need to keep pushing towards my dreams, and achieve my goals. It might hurt and it might royally suck, but it's also going to have the good times, the loving times, and even the meh. But no matter what, just like her, I've gotta keep fighting no matter what.
                        I'm sorry about your mother Yorin. That is a lot to go through and though I don't know you very well you seem very strong. Not everyone would be able to go on as you have. I'm sure your mother would be extremely proud of you!

- - - Updated - - -

For me I think it's just the idea of living. I had a very rough childhood and very rough young adult years I dealt with the loss of a sister, and I was abused sexually, emotionally, and physically. I would never wish any of the things that happened to me on another living creature and as hard as it was to go through I refused to let it bring me down. I know I'm a strong person and I want to enjoy the life I have to the fullest while I have it. While I hate that bad things that happened to me in my life I wouldn't be the person I am today otherwise.
                        Whenever I start to feel down I think about the wonderful family and friends I have, there are still other people that are less fortunate then me and I'm sure there are some that have dealt with worse then me. I want to be there to help others and inspire people when I can and that helps me through the hard times. I know I'm a strong independent young woman and I can take anything you throw at me and if everything gets a little too overwhelming Yoga is always a great outlet!

Comment

I am sorry for your relatives. You are both very strong persons, keep doing this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                            I am sorry for your relatives. You are both very strong persons, keep doing this way.
                            Thank you!

Comment

The fact that I really enjoy my life and the things I get to do in it. I never did understand the whole "Emo" movement. I didn't have a great childhood at all but I never sit there and feel sorry for myself. Its a waste of time to me since I am just damn lucky to be able to live in canada anyways. Ive had a load of problems that seemed larger than life but giving up on life never occured to me.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.