An Open Apology to Pagans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An Open Apology to Pagans

I agree with thalassa. No one is perfect. We certainly weren't born that way. *hugs*
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

To Wonderland,

You have sinned and you shall burn in Hell for ever! You shall be thrown into the Eternal Lake of Fire for all eternity.

Sound familiar? I've no doubt that it does.

I don't know how to say this without offending some people, but I will try nonetheless. I say this with the intent to show those that may not understand... a different perspective. Not to have you change your minds; but to have you simply understand why Wonderland would make such an apology.

To all those that think Wonderland's apology is nothing more than to relieve her own guilt... you're right. But I will say in her defense that her guilt is the result of her Christian teaching and brainwashing. I hope that no one ever experiences the pressure that is placed upon some Christians to: 1. Convert everyone on the planet and kill the ones that don't convert, 2. Never, ever, ever, ever, make a mistake! Ever! For to do so means going to Hell and burning forever. Quite a heavy burden to place on a mere mortal, don't you think?

As a result, the apology. Part of it coming from a good heart that realizes that she may have hurt some people by what she has done. And part of it coming from not wanting to spend eternity in agony and suffering. Sadly, Jehovah is not forgiving. He requires a heavy recompense for even the slightest mistake. That alone is enough to make someone beg and plead for forgiveness.

Yes, Wonderland is trying to relieve guilt. Guilt that she has placed upon herself. Guilt that she has been brainwashed to place upon herself. Give her time to unlearn what she has learned and it will come into balance.

I read something to the effect that she should take responsibility for her actions instead of looking for absolution for them (or something like that). She is taking responsibility for her actions; in the only way she understands right now. She is admitting to herself, and everyone, that she made a mistake. Is she trying to relieve her guilt? YOU BET SHE IS! Is she looking for absolution? YOU BET SHE IS! But that is her training. That is the way she is thinking right now. Coming from where she was, she is trying to "atone" for her "sin"; a very natural thing to do. "For the wages of sin is death." A quote from the Bible. Until she learns that there are no wages to be paid, because there are no sins (per se), she will try to atone for her sins. And until that time, we can help her by showing her what real forgiveness is.

To Wonderland, do you need to apologize to me? No. You have done nothing to me, so your apology is not necessary. But I will accept it in order to help you. I too, come from a Christian background. Not only Christian, but I was a Pentecostal, so I know how you are feeling right now. As monsno_leedra said you were acting the way that your god told you to act. Therefore your actions were pure of intent. You may have harmed some people yes; but it was not through malicious intent. So let that relieve some of your guilt. You wish to apologize for your actions. That indicated to me that you are repentant. Let that relieve some more of your guilt. And let me tell you that any pagan that you may have "harmed", if they know of Jehovah, were not as harmed as you may think. Unless you actually burned them at the stake, or beat them up; you didn't do as much harm as you think you did. Read some of the threads on "Another Christian tried to convert me" or ones like that. As you progress down this new leg of your path, you will come to understand just how much "harm" you did, and did not do. Pagans don't take someone trying to convert them as seriously as a Christian takes falling to convert them. And I'm quite sure that you did nowhere near the harm that was done in the "Crusades".

You made a mistake. And the only "sin" would be if you do not learn from that mistake. And even then, you will not end up in the eternal lake of fire. My suggestion to you at this point is to begin your new path, which is nothing more than a fork on the old path, by unlearning Christianity so you can learn it in a better perspective. As you do this, a Goddess or God will come to you to guide and teach you. Learn what you can about all traditions (denominations). Even if you don't follow them, it is good to know and understand how they believe.

Thank you for your apology. Now go forth and relax.

Again, this was not written to step on anyone's toes (except Jehovah's).

Comment

I will agree with some of the posters here. We all make mistakes, but a mistake is something that can't be changed.
        You can change the situation, so you don't have to worry. Admitting is the first part, the second is to start changing the situation you are in.
        Best of luck in your journey, and welcome aboard.

- - - Updated - - -

I am admired by you. Not everyone in the world will do like you in your post.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
        X