Light Affinity Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Affinity Magic

I am a solitary Wiccan who has just started on her path within the last year (though I've been interested in it longer than that). The past half year, I have discovered my spiritual guides and dieties, and have been learning to connect to my intuition. Just recently, I have discovered that my elemental affinity is light (specifically white light, although the color can change depending on my intent). I was wondering if there would be any out there with insight as to what this aspect might mean, what kinds of things I should perhaps study next with this new knowledge.

From what I have gathered from my guide, I cannot astral project as of yet, because I am apparently a 'beacon' of sorts, and attract spirits to myself. I am not psychic (so no, I do not see or sense dead people) but I do seem to attract otherworldly attention. So astral projection is being saved for when I can defend myself properly and learn to identify threats. I have already had one encounter with a dark witch who was influencing my dreams and attempting to make me a thrall (so I believe) that I effectively broke her curse on me, and fended off a second attempt to influence me, with the aide of my spiritual guide and spiritual guardian.

I understand magic is very different for everyone, and I'm rather tentative to post this here. Many people may mock me and call this crazy, but it is my experience. I am simply looking for some helpful advice and possibly resources that can assist me in furthering my journey. The pagans that I know irl do not have my affinity. The only one with training is shadow, two are dragonborn, and one simply as some magical abilities but no real training.

Thank you for your time, and any helpful responses. Blessed be.

Re: Light Affinity Magic

Hey, welcome to the forum. I just thought I should warn you that I can't read your post, and it's possible others won't, as the default skin has a black background. You might not get as many replies as you could have. It's a bit late now, but just so you know for future. It's probably safer not to mess around with coloured fonts if you want to ensure everyone can read.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Welcome to he form,LadyRhea.
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRhea View Post
        I am a solitary Wiccan who has just started on her path within the last year (though I've been interested in it longer than that). The past half year, I have discovered my spiritual guides and dieties, and have been learning to connect to my intuition. Just recently, I have discovered that my elemental affinity is light (specifically white light, although the color can change depending on my intent). I was wondering if there would be any out there with insight as to what this aspect might mean, what kinds of things I should perhaps study next with this new knowledge.

From what I have gathered from my guide, I cannot astral project as of yet, because I am apparently a 'beacon' of sorts, and attract spirits to myself. I am not psychic (so no, I do not see or sense dead people) but I do seem to attract otherworldly attention. So astral projection is being saved for when I can defend myself properly and learn to identify threats. I have already had one encounter with a dark witch who was influencing my dreams and attempting to make me a thrall (so I believe) that I effectively broke her curse on me, and fended off a second attempt to influence me, with the aide of my spiritual guide and spiritual guardian.

I understand magic is very different for everyone, and I'm rather tentative to post this here. Many people may mock me and call this crazy, but it is my experience. I am simply looking for some helpful advice and possibly resources that can assist me in furthering my journey. The pagans that I know irl do not have my affinity. The only one with training is shadow, two are dragonborn, and one simply as some magical abilities but no real training.

Thank you for your time, and any helpful responses. Blessed be.
        Changed to read.

I am curious as to why you equate light to an element? Especially given that most probably equate the elements as Earth, Air, Fire, Water and perhaps a fifth element under some systems that make it self or centered. Well possibly up to 11 elements as some Asian systems do have that many elements. What I read and get from your posting makes me think of the outer shell of ones Auric field where white is the generic outermost ribbon of color when viewed. Possibly even a component aspect of the Chakra system though I've only seen white used as the feet once and then as a minor wheel.

I am especially intrigued at your usage of something trying to make you a Thrall. I say something for it seems wrong to identify a witch as good or bad or light / dark as your write up is suggesting while magical intent is seldom good / bad or light / dark. To most a thrall would be a slave beneath the Nordic social order and mythos and is not a curse but a station in life. I do not even see it used in most Heathen circles so it is curious to see you suggest it here.

I have to admit on the surface your reference to dragonborn and shadow trained almost implies a fluffy perspective towards Wicca which is why I suppose many may mock or call you crazy. The suggestion of white light and healing I think may further push your position into the Charmed fluffy category to surface viewers. Not saying you'll be identified as such here but I can see how it would be based on the surface material you've presented.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I can read it since I'm using the blue black theme and I can't say it makes a whole lot of sense to me.
          Many people wouldn't consider light an element, or they would group it into the fire category. However since the balance of light and dark is very important to Wicca I can see how you could reconcile it with your beliefs. White light is the color of light which contains all other parts of the spectrum. Spiritually this can represent wholeness or possibilities. Different colors are usually assigned different meanings. Light is found universally in different faiths, usually being attributed to divine or holy things. Essentially light is usually equated with goodness, though this often times ignores the destructive aspects of light. Many deities are associated with light also, probably to really highlight their unearthliness in myths.
          A dark witch tried to make you into a "thrall" by invading your dreams? twice? could you give us some more insight into that?
          It's one thing to not want to be mocked and is all good and dandy. Personally I doubt anyone here would mock you but forgive me for being dubiously skeptical about what you're saying. It's very difficult for me to understand what you are asking primarily because you've thrown around ambiguous terms which you assume we'll know about. What exactly are you asking for?

If you're asking for general spiritual guidance and help I would suggest meditation and reading in different schools of philosophy.
          If you're asking about "light magic" I would say define what you think light magic is first. Otherwise I would group it into the fire category of elements because I do not consider light to be dynamic or substantial enough to be an element. There's also the point that light has no effective counterpart and wouldn't balance in terms of elements. My advice for light magic would be looking into fire's depictions in literature and myth as a revealing light or guiding torch.

Welcome to the forums LadyRhea. Perhaps you would like to post an introduction thread and allow us to learn more about you?

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          To most a thrall would be a slave beneath the Nordic social order and mythos and is not a curse but a station in life. I do not even see it used in most Heathen circles so it is curious to see you suggest it here.
          In certain practices a thrall refers to a slave or one influenced with maligned magic, this is however more common in fiction than actual practice. In necromancy for example I've heard of enslaved shades being refereed to as thralls. however it is an uncommon term. It does show up much more in fiction though.
          The dictionary defines:
          Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          I have to admit on the surface your reference to dragonborn and shadow trained almost implies a fluffy perspective towards Wicca which is why I suppose many may mock or call you crazy.
          This was my general thought as well. It's okay to have views like this if you've thought them out and have legitimate reasoning grounded in other philosophies but without any explanation it does come off as fluffyish. Now you may think "why do I need to explain anything about my faith to you?" normally you wouldn't but if you're going to mention it while you ask for assistance, it would help to explain the context in which you refer to them
          Last edited by Corvus; 29 Aug 2013, 21:58.
          Circe

Comment

Working...
          X