This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your progression?

Wicca --> Witchcraft --> Nothing (mind wasn't set to religion in any way, untill...) --> Pagan

Comment

Originally posted by LuciaStar View Post
      Irreligious or Agnostic ---> Angry Agnostic.. Christian? ---> Goddess-centric Wicca ---> Smartened-the-hell-up Wicca ---> Eclectic Wicca, learning more about beliefs ---> Some fucked up shit ---> Getting out of fucked up shit, reverting back to Eclectic Wicca ---> Slowly finding out I was no longer Wiccan but simply Pagan ---> Studied various beliefs, adopted some Satanic and Luciferian ones ---> Eclectic Pagan with some LHP leanings, maybe? Or simply Eclectic?
      Let's redo this.

Non-religious > Christian-influenced Theist > Goddess-centric Wiccan > Eclectic Wiccan (dealed with both God and Goddess) > JoS Spiritual Satanism > Eclectic Wicca > Eclectic Pagan > Had some Hellenic Polytheism leanings > LOKI HAPPENED > Lokean > Heathen???? Norse Pagan???? Lokean???? Northern Tradition???? > oh no I'm dabbling in witchcraft > Northern Tradition/Norse Pagan/Lokean > LUCIFER HAPPENED > Paganish > wait no that's not right back up here step away from the Pagan > Non-Pagan with LHP philosophies and relates to Luciferianism's philosophies and dabbles in witchcraft.
      Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I'm not sure if I've ever posted here and if I did it was a heck of a long time ago so I'm due to update anyway... And since it's tattooed on my arm it's not awfully hard to remember.

Christianity > Christianity/Wicca slingshotting > Wicca > Buddhism > Heckate and the Greek pantheon > Anansi and African traditions > Demonalogy/alatry and Northern Traditions (All with a huge helping of eclectic tossed in. I still feel vary attached to Hekate and Anansi, for instance, even though I'm exploring in the last two.)
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

My new, and updated, progression.

Catholic Christianity -> Agnosticism -> Agnostic Theism -> Agnostic Dualism (similar in belief to Zoroastrianism) -> Agnostic Paganism -> Shinto-based Paganism -> Shinto

So it took a great deal of time, but I have grown spiritually in my progression from my abandonment of Christianity, to my declaration of agnosticism, to my foremost belief in theism, to my spiritual view of dualism, to the standpoint of nature being connected to the divine, to my belief in many gods, until I finally reached my current position. In the early/middle of May, I finally began to fully practice Shinto, which I had been strongly leaning in the direction of for a long time, and I now fully identify as a Shinto practitioner.

Comment

Raised Church of Christ --> Exploratory studies --> General Paganism --> Celtic Reconstruction --> Germanic Reconstruction --> Heathenry

(Joined an ADF group during my shift in reconstructions, but never quite felt comfortable referring to myself as a "druid")

And ta-da! Here I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
            My new, and updated, progression.

Catholic Christianity -> Agnosticism -> Agnostic Theism -> Agnostic Dualism (similar in belief to Zoroastrianism) -> Agnostic Paganism -> Shinto-based Paganism -> Shinto

So it took a great deal of time, but I have grown spiritually in my progression from my abandonment of Christianity, to my declaration of agnosticism, to my foremost belief in theism, to my spiritual view of dualism, to the standpoint of nature being connected to the divine, to my belief in many gods, until I finally reached my current position. In the early/middle of May, I finally began to fully practice Shinto, which I had been strongly leaning in the direction of for a long time, and I now fully identify as a Shinto practitioner.
            It was actually Shinto that started my journey into paganism. While I was living in Japan, I would pray to the kami at the shrines. At some point I realized I wasn't praying to "God" and I wasn't being culturally sensitive, I was praying TO the kami. I felt them, believed in them, and knew they were benevolent. I knew then that I had to re-asses my beliefs. The only reason I didn't wind up Shinto myself was after leaving Japan I really had trouble connecting with the kami spirits in my own country, which led me to explore other pagan/ polythesitic paths.

Japan still has a very special place in my heart, though, as does the language. I hope to return there someday to teach.

Comment

Never fully believing non denominational Christian --> Celtic Polytheist. Sort of a 180, I know. XD

Comment

1970s occultism/big sister's Satanism/UFOlogy/cryptozoology --> hexcraft/witchcraft --> Ceremonialism --> Starhawkian feminist witchcraft --> Alexandrian Wicca --> Norse-centric Wicca --> Ceremonialism --> Vodou/Santeria/African Diaspora studies combined w/local Shamanic land-based practice --> neo-GrecoRoman unorthodox reconstructionist hoodoo-Shaman kitchenwitchery mixed with everything but the Wiccan sink --> Apatheist (I have religion, it just isn't that important to me atm.)
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  1970s occultism/big sister's Satanism/UFOlogy/cryptozoology --> hexcraft/witchcraft --> Ceremonialism --> Starhawkian feminist witchcraft --> Alexandrian Wicca --> Norse-centric Wicca --> Ceremonialism --> Vodou/Santeria/African Diaspora studies combined w/local Shamanic land-based practice --> neo-GrecoRoman unorthodox reconstructionist hoodoo-Shaman kitchenwitchery mixed with everything but the Wiccan sink --> Apatheist (I have religion, it just isn't that important to me atm.)
                  I do not know what half of those words mean xD That is a very long and varied journey.

Atheist >> eclectic pagan >> atheist.
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Agnostic, Pagan, Wiccan, Pagan, Fluffy Shaman, Eclectic, My Own Brand of Pagansim, in progress...
                    Last edited by DyslexicPagan; 08 Jul 2014, 11:21. Reason: additions

Comment

Southern Baptist/Church of Christ>>>Agnostic>>>Celtic Pagan
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Catholic > Baptist > Lutheran > Agnostic > Unaffiliated Pagan

Comment

Catholic>Wiccan>Atheist>Agnostice>Prodesten>Luther an>Christian non-denomin>Pagan in study

Comment

Catholic > Celtic Pagan

That's really it.

Comment

Let's see... Seeker>Wiccan>Eclectic Pagan>Pantheist>Northern Tradition Eclectic Pagan with Pantheistic tendencies.
                              sigpic

Comment

Christian (nondenom) -> Catholic -> Sufi -> Buddhist -> Wiccan -> Thelemite -> Dark/Light Pagan

Comment

Working...
                                X