Book of Shadows advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of Shadows advice

Okay, how do I explain this? My current Book of Shadows is a leather-bound journal, and I love it to pieces. The problem is I've been thinking about switching to a more neat-freak-friendly format in the form of a three-ring binder, but I don't want to give up my leather-bound Book, especially considering over half of it has already been filled. So, what should I do? Should I switch but still keep the leather-bound BoS, or should I just stick with what I'm currently using until it's completely filled?

~ Tiger Rainstorm

Re: Book of Shadows advice

I don't think there is a rule on how many BoS you have going at any given time. Perhaps you could start a new one with a specific theme or subject matter such as herbs or candle magic? You can keep your favorite as your general use BoS and then start a library of specialty BoS.
    My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

You can use the 3 ring binder to hold all the information you need to experiment with, then if it works for you after you do experiment, record it in your leather journal. This is what I do, because I hate to write things down and then want to erase it later. (I have a leather journal too, and I love it to pieces :P)
      Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice, both of you.

Domiel, you understand my pain.

~ Tiger Rainstorm

Comment

I totally do. Glad to help.
          Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

You can create both, their isn't a number to how many you can have. I have a leather one that I adore with my whole little heart but I've been so scared I'd want to take something out of it so I more or less use it as a journal for my path. It has quotes, things that make me think, pretty things I stumble upon in nature. Just a little of this or that and when I go back and re read it I see how much I've grown.

Comment

I agree with Auseklis. I don't think there is a set number of Book of Shadows' that we can have.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by GoddessofPurple View Post
                Okay, how do I explain this? My current Book of Shadows is a leather-bound journal, and I love it to pieces. The problem is I've been thinking about switching to a more neat-freak-friendly format in the form of a three-ring binder, but I don't want to give up my leather-bound Book, especially considering over half of it has already been filled. So, what should I do? Should I switch but still keep the leather-bound BoS, or should I just stick with what I'm currently using until it's completely filled?

~ Tiger Rainstorm
                I'm assuming your not from a lineage tradition so there would be no requirements that would dictate how your BOS has to be laid out normally. If you are from a lineage tradition then I would assume that would dictate how it has to be maintained and laid out, for instance the old written by hand and copied directly from your coven or teachers BOS requirement.

You might consider the old notion of a magical tome which is a series of BOS', Book of Dreams, Grimores, etc that are all housed together as a collection of works. It may contain as many volumes, books, etc as you need and broken down into as many categories as you need.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                X