This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about Islam (Ask Away!)

Taqiyyah is denying ones faith in order to avoid persecution, and the earlier/later argument isn't valid because violence is only permitted in certain situations to certain, named, parties....?
    Yes taqiyyah is in order to avoid persecution and death. Like having a sword to your neck while someone is asking you if you are Muslim. You are allowed deny that your a Muslim as long as you have imaan (faith in your heart).

the earlier and later is referring to defensive and offensive jihad, but I think we have exhausted this thread with our views on that lol.

Comment

Excellent! haha thanks for that... And I don't think I want to read too much further into the jihad stuff. My brain hurts enough as is... TA!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

yea theres no need to read too much into it. it was just a friendly debate dumuzi and I were having.

Comment

Yeah I know It really does look fascinating, but now is jut not the time for me unforuntately!

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Here's a bit of a strange query, it came up years ago when I last visited Egypt. Someone mentioned that left-handedness is frowned on there (okay, maybe it's related to Islam, maybe not, but I didn't know where else to put this question). I would think, since Arabic is written right to left, that it would actually be easier for a left hander (you should see my mirror writing!)

Anyway, it may seem a rather slight question but I'd really like to know!
            Shukran!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              Here's a bit of a strange query, it came up years ago when I last visited Egypt. Someone mentioned that left-handedness is frowned on there (okay, maybe it's related to Islam, maybe not, but I didn't know where else to put this question). I would think, since Arabic is written right to left, that it would actually be easier for a left hander (you should see my mirror writing!)

Anyway, it may seem a rather slight question but I'd really like to know!
              Shukran!
              Not strange at all TP!

It's part of the Sunnah (the way of Muhammad, peace be upon him) to do certain things with our right hand. Now this is different from someone being left handed. In this case someone is just using their dominant hand for their daily activities. What I'm talking about is using your right hand to greet or eat and so on. We also begin washing our right side when we have to clean ourselves. There are many examples!

But no, being left handed says nothing about your worth as a Muslim in front of god
              [4:82]

Comment

Thanks! I've often wondered!
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

There was(is) a certain belief in Christian(perhaps even before that) that a left handed person was evil because left it seems is considered wrong in some way.

A list of CRAZY left handed superstitions, myths and tales from folklore. If you're superstitious AND left handed you might not want to read this!

I hope this link helps
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

In Italian, the word for 'left' is 'sinistra', as in the English word 'sinister'.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. In common, how do Muslims treat those who are not Muslim? What would a Muslim person say to a Pagan, Jewish or Christian person?
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. In common, how do Muslims treat those who are not Muslim? What would a Muslim person say to a Pagan, Jewish or Christian person?
                        In my experience, Muslims have no issue with people of other religions. They generally think of religion being your own business.

If D is around he will have a better answer then that though :P

RIP

You cut your hair short
                        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          In my experience, Muslims have no issue with people of other religions. They generally think of religion being your own business.

If D is around he will have a better answer then that though :P
                          Nice! I studied with two Muslims for a year, and they were awesome. They accepted all other students and everyone accepted them in return.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

As per the instructions of the Qur'an, Muslims are supposed to treat non Muslims with not only justice, but even more than that, with kindness. The Qur'an says:

"Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just." [60:8]

It also talks about being just with human beings over all in several places, here's one of them:

"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do." [5:8]

There are also narrations by Muhammad, peace be upon him, about the same topic, here's one of them:

“Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.”

And finally I will mention their right to believe what they want, which is also mentioned in the Qur'an, here's one example:

"If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!" [10:99]

I really hope that answers your question

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                              As per the instructions of the Qur'an, Muslims are supposed to treat non Muslims with not only justice, but even more than that, with kindness. The Qur'an says:

"Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just." [60:8]

It also talks about being just with human beings over all in several places, here's one of them:

"O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do." [5:8]

There are also narrations by Muhammad, peace be upon him, about the same topic, here's one of them:

“Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.”

And finally I will mention their right to believe what they want, which is also mentioned in the Qur'an, here's one example:

"If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!" [10:99]

I really hope that answers your question
                              Thanks, Dumuzi. But I am not sure I understand the first part.
                              "Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just."

Comment

Thanks, Dumuzi. But I am not sure I understand the first part.
                                It's talking about people who are not fighting Muslims for their religion, nor driving them out of their homes. It is those people, who are peaceful towards Muslims that the verse is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X