Ever heard of a "Blood Hole"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever heard of a "Blood Hole"?

I've been talking with a Muslim man recently about Jinn. He explained to me that about an hour away is a "blood hole" where Jinn come up from the ground. He said, nearest I could understand, that Muslims did a certain rite in the area and now it's got a bad energy around it. He said he gets sick when he goes near it.

I'm thinking about checking this out this weekend. Has anybody ever heard of such a thing? I did the usual Google searches and found nothing.

Re: Ever heard of a "Blood Hole"?

I don't know much about Jinn, but given their nature, I am almost certain they are not so malign. However, there are certain truly wicked types and it's not entirely impossible. I wish I could tell you more about pre-Islamic Arabian religion and current folk beliefs, but I can't. However, I have heard of similar spots being associated with wicked spirits of other varieties.

Comment

The Jinn are capable of choosing to be good, evil or indifferent. Thy are unlike angels who lack free will but are instead capable of making choices. The evil Jinn, led by Iblis, seek to make men sin as revenge against Allah for being banished from paradise. These evil Jinn are usually what we would call demons.

I cannot say about Islam in particular but the practice of making sacrifices into holes in the ground is very old and common. Rituals dating to the neolithic sometimes involved blood sacrifice into a shallow pit. This practice was especially common in Greece. The thinking being that by digging a hole one would get closer to the land of the dead or underworld to make the sacrifice more powerful. It's also much easier to keep blood in one place when it's in a whole. Much cleaner, more controlled way to make a sacrifice. Where burnt offerings are traditionally given to gods dwelling in the heavens (usually the chief deities or more benevolent ones), offerings made in a pit usually went to darker deities with death or underworld associations. I've never heard of Muslims doing anything like this though since it would be the worship of false gods. I doubt that there is a ritual Muslims would do that would leave a bad energy.

Maybe Dumuzi has heard of it before? Lets hope he stops in.
      Circe

Comment

I have a Muslim friend who, when living in Turkey, worked for a guy who was well-versed in Jinn. The best I could understand, his boss helped people who had been negatively effected by Jinn.

These areas where blood sacrifices were done, I have to wonder if that left a residual energy that people would associate with negative dealings.

A curious thing, regardless.

Comment

I'm with Corvus on this one. I don't know enough about Islam or Jinn to speak as to the specific context of this 'blood hole', but it does seem related to offering holes or pits. They are certainly not unusual and are found in multiple cultures and faiths.

I think it's completely viable that certain areas would hold a residue of what may have been done there. Now as a Demonolator I don't necessarily subscribe to the whole 'dark'='evil' or 'negative'='bad', and I don't believe that all blood sacrifices are malignant or something which would leave a malignant feeling residue. BUT... ritual is ritual and if a person performed a ritual, made an offering, and soaked the ground with their own malignant energies, or if they offended the landspirit of the area, or if they purposefully set out to create a sinkhole of energy... well then you could end up with a hole in the ground that makes people feel sick.

Comment

It seems like this is a matter of context and how one looks at it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              I'm with Corvus on this one. I don't know enough about Islam or Jinn to speak as to the specific context of this 'blood hole', but it does seem related to offering holes or pits. They are certainly not unusual and are found in multiple cultures and faiths.

I think it's completely viable that certain areas would hold a residue of what may have been done there. Now as a Demonolator I don't necessarily subscribe to the whole 'dark'='evil' or 'negative'='bad', and I don't believe that all blood sacrifices are malignant or something which would leave a malignant feeling residue. BUT... ritual is ritual and if a person performed a ritual, made an offering, and soaked the ground with their own malignant energies, or if they offended the landspirit of the area, or if they purposefully set out to create a sinkhole of energy... well then you could end up with a hole in the ground that makes people feel sick.
              To me negative does imply evil. Dark does not. Darkness is the domain of the holy mother of night and the dark father of ashes who are benevolent. Darkness is the shade in which one rests during blisteringly hot days when the sun is harsh. Black is the color of the night sky when most creatures who walk the seven continents find a time of rest. It is the night that allows us to see the beauty of distant stars and the glorious silvery face of Mother Moon.

I can hardly think of much good that comes from blood sacrifices. It has suffering in it by it's nature. It's even worse if you sacrificed a living thing. You do not own it's life, it's soul, so who are you to offer it up?

That said, you raise some good points. They may have made a benevolent spirit miffed or someone was purposefully dumping all their ill intent into a space. Whether they conjured up a wicked spirit or something else, someone may very likely have had ill intent and was using the area to conjure forth some manner of vile force. I would also be careful to rule out environmental factors though. Depending on the site, there may be issues of pollution or something similar causing the feeling of illness when he draws near.

Whatever the case, I would advise anyone approaching it to be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                I can hardly think of much good that comes from blood sacrifices. It has suffering in it by it's nature. It's even worse if you sacrificed a living thing. You do not own it's life, it's soul, so who are you to offer it up?
                This is heading off topic, so I'll be brief, but blood sacrifices don't always mean killing something. Or using someone else's blood. And killing something does not always entail suffering. There are lots of people and cultures who practice the ritual sacrifice of say, a chicken, then cook it and eat it. The animal is killed humanely, the energy of the sacrifice and possibly some of the parts are used as offerings, then the remains are used in a constructive and respectful manner.

The animals that are killed during these religious sacrifices are often killed more humanely than those killed in slaughterhouses. And anyone who has slaughtered their own livestock or killed a hunted creature has taken a life.

It's a controversial topic. I really do not mind talking about it, because it's one that interests me and obviously I'm an advocate if it's done properly. But I do suggest that if you want to keep talking about it we should probably split it off into it's own thread, because it is likely to derail the OP's topic pretty quickly and I'd rather not do that. If you post it elsewhere I'll pop in and answer in more detail.

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                I would also be careful to rule out environmental factors though. Depending on the site, there may be issues of pollution or something similar causing the feeling of illness when he draws near.
                I like the addition of environmental factors into the list of possible causes. There are also perfectly natural energy line combinations that happen in some places that give off vibrations that react strangely in people's energy fields. As well as manmade energy sources that do the same thing.

Comment

This is heading off topic, so I'll be brief, but blood sacrifices don't always mean killing something. Or using someone else's blood. And killing something does not always entail suffering. There are lots of people and cultures who practice the ritual sacrifice of say, a chicken, then cook it and eat it. The animal is killed humanely, the energy of the sacrifice and possibly some of the parts are used as offerings, then the remains are used in a constructive and respectful manner.

The animals that are killed during these religious sacrifices are often killed more humanely than those killed in slaughterhouses. And anyone who has slaughtered their own livestock or killed a hunted creature has taken a life.

It's a controversial topic. I really do not mind talking about it, because it's one that interests me and obviously I'm an advocate if it's done properly. But I do suggest that if you want to keep talking about it we should probably split it off into it's own thread, because it is likely to derail the OP's topic pretty quickly and I'd rather not do that. If you post it elsewhere I'll pop in and answer in more detail.

I like the addition of environmental factors into the list of possible causes. There are also perfectly natural energy line combinations that happen in some places that give off vibrations that react strangely in people's energy fields. As well as manmade energy sources that do the same thing.
                  The taking of any life is something I do not do if I can avoid it at all. I'm no Jainist but I refuse to swat at flies even. The very act of taking life is so severe and heavy by it's nature if there is a way to do it without having done something appalling the divine and the balance I would still think of it as risky.

What you say about energy sources is true too. There are some people who are incredibly sensitive to certain forms of energy whether it comes from a power plant or otherwise that can overload a persons senses or screw with their bodies. Similarly, some times people are aligned to certain energies and being in the wrong place at the wrong time can cause a painful imbalance in their spiritual energy field if you will. This is similar to one of the principles traditional Chinese beliefs and medicine is based in. I'm entirely certain about it, but it's a possibility. It gets too cold and the crops will refuse to grow and if it's too hot the crops will fry. Take too little of your medication and your condition may cause you great pain, but if you take too much you will be poisoned. It's that kind of thing for some people.

Comment

Ooo I can actually contribute to this one in a somewhat useful way.

I have heard of something very similar to this, though I've never heard it specifically called a "blood hole". There is an interesting book out there that discusses it called "The Vengeful Djinn" by Rosemary Guiley and Philip Imbrogno. It's one of the few books on my shelf dealing with supernatural entities. It talks about the Djinn in detail, explains the different kinds, and their connection to many of the world supernatural creatures including angels, demons, fairies, shadow people, and even ET. It has a chapter about their mention in the Qur'an as well. It was quite interesting, though I still need to finish the last few chapters.

Anyway. There was mention in the book of the Djinn using holes in the ground to come through to our world. Or more to make themselves obvious when they wanted to. The book discusses the possibility of parallel universes and the current science looking into that possibility and determines that the Djinn likely live on one of these other planes of existence. So, technically they could be in the same room as you, on a different plane, and you wouldn't know it. But anyway, they use holes in the ground occasionally to come onto our plane. One cave in particular that the author has a story about is in Oman. It's pretty interesting.

Now, I don't completely buy into everything the book has to say, I'm still not sure where I stand on my beliefs in all things supernatural. But it is a good read and quite interesting if you're interested in such things.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Sort of off topic but the way this is spoken of reminds me of the place in North Carolina known as The Devil's Tramping Ground or Devil's Campground. It's a place in the woods that is 40 feet in diameter and almost nothing will grow in it nor in the ring that surrounds it. As such all sorts of local legends and lore have surfaced about it. I dislike Wiki but it does have a pretty good write up on it. A few years ago there was an In Search Of type show done on it that one might find. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Tramping_Ground
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

... anyone who has slaughtered their own livestock or killed a hunted creature has taken a life.
                        Don't forget that anyone who has made a salad from their own garden has taken a life as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X