X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Kitty Died

So sorry to hear about this, Danie.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support It means a lot to me.

I'm still sad, but I'm doing better. I can get on with my days now and get things done. I've made peace with his passing. The only huge regret I have is that I didn't have the money to bury or cremate him. Here in Germany the vet isn't allowed to release a body unless you have your own property (and not a condo) or you have a burial plot or cremation arrangements. Since I live in a condo, I don't have my own property to bury him on. I can't afford the other options, and the fee to put him down already took up all my money until payday (and then some...I had to withdraw 90 Euros from savings :/)

Comment

I am sorry to hear of your loss and sadness with the passing of your furbaby.
        I had to have my cat cremated also and it was costly. May I as how much it costs to cremate where you are?
        Perhaps a cat welfare group and help you with costs? I am happy to help anyway I can.
        My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Good to know that you're pulling along alright

Putting a pet down is tough. A few years back my childhood dog, Starlight, finally reached her end. She lost all sense of cognition. She essentially had doggy dimentia. She would smash herself into walls, howl at nothing, and walk crazily in circles for hours. We had to have the vet end her life. It was tough, but the right thing to do. We didn't have the money to cremate either, so we just buried her in the back yard, with a pretty little mozaic stone to mark her body.

I think that both she and your cat are at peace in the arms of mother earth, now. Remember that you helped give him a happy life while he was here and you're sending him off with as much dignity as you can. Putting him to rest was a compassionate, respectful way to ease his suffering and ensure that his death was peaceful. We probably should have put Starlight down much earlier than we did.

Blessings and good vibes your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Auseklis View Post
            I am sorry to hear of your loss and sadness with the passing of your furbaby.
            I had to have my cat cremated also and it was costly. May I as how much it costs to cremate where you are?
            Perhaps a cat welfare group and help you with costs? I am happy to help anyway I can.
            To be honest, I'm not sure...it costs a few hundred Euros and I was really worried about money at the time. Putting him down drained my bank account and although I have a savings account, I'd just found out earlier in the week that I lost some major work, leaving a gap in my income. So, I felt the need to hang onto my savings and I didn't even really consider it enough of an option to ask for specifics. That gap has now been filled (at least it seems so, you can never be 100% sure with freelance work) and if this all happened a few days later, my decision probably would have been different. It's too late now though. I had to leave him at the vet and it was 3 days ago. It all kind of happened so fast and I was in so much shock that I don't think I rationally went through my options. I regret that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
            Good to know that you're pulling along alright

Putting a pet down is tough. A few years back my childhood dog, Starlight, finally reached her end. She lost all sense of cognition. She essentially had doggy dimentia. She would smash herself into walls, howl at nothing, and walk crazily in circles for hours. We had to have the vet end her life. It was tough, but the right thing to do. We didn't have the money to cremate either, so we just buried her in the back yard, with a pretty little mozaic stone to mark her body.

I think that both she and your cat are at peace in the arms of mother earth, now. Remember that you helped give him a happy life while he was here and you're sending him off with as much dignity as you can. Putting him to rest was a compassionate, respectful way to ease his suffering and ensure that his death was peaceful. We probably should have put Starlight down much earlier than we did.

Blessings and good vibes your way.
            You can never really know when the right time is The only reason I knew is that it all happened so fast. He had his thyroid problem, but it was manageable and he was very happy until just before he died. If it had drawn out longer, I probably would have done the same thing you did.

Comment

Our furry children mean so much in our lives, but when it is time it is time. Hugs.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm a bit late catching this thread.... really sorry for your loss. Look out in the next few days for a sign... our furbabies always seem to send one, something a bit odd, a bit unusual, just to let you know they have arrived safely to the next stage. Big hugs, Tylluan XX
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  I'm a bit late catching this thread.... really sorry for your loss. Look out in the next few days for a sign... our furbabies always seem to send one, something a bit odd, a bit unusual, just to let you know they have arrived safely to the next stage. Big hugs, Tylluan XX
                  True. For a while I could feel Albus curled up beside me when I went to bed. I actually still feel him ghosty around the place from time to time.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Well i would like to say you that keep in mind the excitement Keep onto the experiences of factors he did and didn't do and soon enough his storage will carry as many happiness as it does misery. He will always be with you in your center... we never reduce that.

Comment

Working...
                    X