This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Kitty Died :(

I've posted on here a few times that my cat is really old. He's had his ups and downs, but he's always pulled through and was doing really well for his age (19). However, his health suddenly started to drop this week. At first, he was just really picky with his food, but he still asked for it. Then a couple of days ago he stopped eating entirely, stopped wanting food, and started breathing funny, walking funny, sitting funny, and meowing funny. Basically, everything was wrong. He kept wanting to go outside to drink rainwater and sit in the cold. The vet is open on Saturdays so I took him there this morning. I knew what she was going to say, but I still had a little bit of hope that he was just sick. He wasn't just sick. She told me he was dying and that he wanted to die. It was time to put him to sleep. I called my boyfriend so he could say goodbye too and we put him down.

We're pulling through, but we're really sad If some of you could light a candle for us, we'd really appreciate it

Re: My Kitty Died

The kitty's death is really sad. But I think that your kitten will exist as long as you remember him.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Aww.

*hugs*

Mostly art.

Comment

Oh, so sorry to hear that, Danie. He'll be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge.

((hugs))
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Sorry to hear that... I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, pet or otherwise. :c

*hugs*

Stay strong and keep your kitty in your memory.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My its spirit drop its earthly garb and cross with no pain into the next world.:angel:
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Awe, I am so sorry for your loss. Your kitty led a good long life! :='(:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm sorry, that's never easy. I hope he crossed painlessly and you'll be in my thoughts.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! Just remember that he got to have a long and happy life with you and he'll always be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I've posted on here a few times that my cat is really old. He's had his ups and downs, but he's always pulled through and was doing really well for his age (19). However, his health suddenly started to drop this week. At first, he was just really picky with his food, but he still asked for it. Then a couple of days ago he stopped eating entirely, stopped wanting food, and started breathing funny, walking funny, sitting funny, and meowing funny. Basically, everything was wrong. He kept wanting to go outside to drink rainwater and sit in the cold. The vet is open on Saturdays so I took him there this morning. I knew what she was going to say, but I still had a little bit of hope that he was just sick. He wasn't just sick. She told me he was dying and that he wanted to die. It was time to put him to sleep. I called my boyfriend so he could say goodbye too and we put him down.

We're pulling through, but we're really sad If some of you could light a candle for us, we'd really appreciate it
                    My condolences. May he pass through the gates of paradise to the presence of the divine in peace. Try to remember that he lived well with you. This is never an easy thing to deal with.

Comment

I'm truly very sorry to hear of your loss DanieMarie you have my deepest sympathy.
                      The candles are lit for both of you and your kitty.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Oh DanieMarie, I am sorry for your loss. It's one of the hardest decisions that you will ever have to make, but it sounds like it was right for him at this time. This was the kitty with HyperT? It's such a devastating disease. Our own kitty was the same... one day she just decided that she'd had enough and didn't really want to be here anymore. I think that in the end, having the ability to put them to sleep and give them a dignified end without any pain or suffering is a way for us to show our love for them. I'm sorry that you had to do this and that you have lost your friend, but I'm glad that he has not had to die alone somewhere in pain.

Remember the good times. Hold onto the stories of things he did and didn't do. And soon enough his memory will bring as many smiles as it does heartache. He'll always be with you in your heart... we never lose that.

Comment

Yes it was the kitty with hyperthyroid. He lived with it for a long time, but I think his body just gave in. At the end everything seemed to go within days. It's like he just shut down

It was a hard choice to let him go. I was going to wait until Monday to take him to the vet, but something inside me told me to take him earlier. I figured that either he was very sick and needed treatment right away (though I knew deep down that that wasn't true), or that he was suffering and he was dying.

I've been collecting all my pictures of him over the weekend so that I can have them all in one place. I might print all of them out and make a photo album.

My boyfriend has been taking it hard as well. He came to bed last night with very red eyes and woke me up because he wanted to talk about how he missed the cat. We talked about him for a bit, and he said "the house has lost one of its biggest personalities." It's true. That cat was larger than life. Hannes only knew him for a year, but Petzi had already worked his way into his heart (not that that's too hard...Hannes is a cat person).

Comment

Oh Danie, I am so so sorry sweetheart!
                            We lost our old lady dog last year and it is such a hard thing to go through. You'll find you'll feel better and then see something that reminds you and it'll all come flooding back. But that is just a sign that you loved that animal so very much.
                            He'll always be with you xxx
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I know you loved him very much. I think it's a great idea to collect all his photos and put them together.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X