Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overheating

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
    Spicy food helps? Well I better start building up a tolerance to spicy food then lol.
    Yeah it does. Basically you should eat things that seem counterproductive. Hot dishes and spicy dishes are better for hot weather because they make your body automatically want to cool off and cold food triggers your heat producing responses. So, as much as you might be tempted to go eat ice cream, it's probably not the best to cool off. Same goes for ice cold water - room temperature water is far better!

If you can't handle spicy food, mild spice will do the trick. Mediterranean food also seems to work for me. Basically, if it gets hot in the country of origin, it's a good choice for hot weather lol.

Also, eat light. There's a reason why people in hot countries traditionally eat lots of fish, rice, and vegetables and people in cold countries eat tons of heavy starches!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Yeah it does. Basically you should eat things that seem counterproductive. Hot dishes and spicy dishes are better for hot weather because they make your body automatically want to cool off and cold food triggers your heat producing responses. So, as much as you might be tempted to go eat ice cream, it's probably not the best to cool off. Same goes for ice cold water - room temperature water is far better!

If you can't handle spicy food, mild spice will do the trick. Mediterranean food also seems to work for me. Basically, if it gets hot in the country of origin, it's a good choice for hot weather lol.

Also, eat light. There's a reason why people in hot countries traditionally eat lots of fish, rice, and vegetables and people in cold countries eat tons of heavy starches!
      My eating really hasnt been the best if I am honest with myself. Hmmm I think I may have to try eating light and eating a wee bit spicey
      There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
      William Wordsworth

Comment

I hate the heat. I used to live in South Carolina and it would be over 100 degrees there. Now that I am back in WV, I am happy because the winters are cooler than at SC. It might be that you need to see the doctor like Jembru suggested. I hope it gets better.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I am not sure if this is weight related or what. I get hot and bothered when its as cool as 21 degrees c/71.6 f so I am dreading summer coming up because average temp will be like 30 c/86 f and above.

Does anyone else have this issue or know of possible solutions to reduce overheating? Like I said I am not sure if it is just weight related or whether slim people experience this also.
          I live in Bundaberg. It's hot and humid here and we are also the fattest town in Australia. I weigh 80kg which is overweight for my height. I get cold easily. I really can't believe it's weight alone which would interfere so strongly with your body temp.

If you are hot and also overweight, it very well could be hormone related. The thyroid gland helps regulate hormones and a slow thyroid contributes to weight gain. There are tests available through your gp to rule this out.

There are some foods which can also contribute to a slow thyroid. I can't clearly remember what they are though, as I returned the book. I'm fairly sure soy products were one of those to steer clear of due to an additive found in commercial, mass produced soy products.

After all your investigating, you may just find you are a healthy person living in the wrong climate. Would you consider living in Tassie?

Comment

My hormones were checked a while ago (I had the issue then too) and they appeared to be all normal so it wouldnt be that.
            I'm really sorry!! I did that long post and now I only just saw that entry.

I think it's important that you know that sometimes those lab tests are wrong because your hormones may be the right level in your blood or your gland may be working fine, but its the way the rest of your body responds to those hormones that can't be effectively tested with standard lab tests. Misdiagnosis is common. I hope that makes sense. I think if you have symptoms of Thyroid dysfunction and you don't seem to be getting an effective treatment plan from a GP, a reputable naturopath might be a good option!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

This would explain why I crave ice cream in December and Hot Chocolate in July. Everyone around me thinks I'm weird for it :XD:
              Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X