Something that bugs me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that bugs me!

So I am working really hard on becoming the Witch that I want to be and I recently moved in with my best friend and her (now) ex-boyfriend. I try very hard to respect their wishes... they keep odd schedules which causes them to sleep during odd parts of the day so even at 3pm when I am being loud and they ask me to turn it down, I always do... but when I am sleeping or trying to pray and become more in touch with my religion, I can't help but notice that they are incredibly loud. I have woken up more than a handful of times because of their loudness. Two nights ago I told them straight up that I was praying to Bast for a friend who's cats had gone missing and Despite closing my bedroom door, I could still hear my roommate laughing. It is very anger-inducing. I can't meditate or pray with that going on. Even tonight when I told my roommate straight up that I needed him to be quiet because I am recording, he didn't really be quiet. He still had plates clinking in the sink and such. I know I should tell them and be more direct about it, but at the same time, dispite me paying rent... it is still their house. It's just hard because her ex is unemployed and so no matter what, there is always someone here and with it getting colder, I will be wanting to pray/do spellwork inside more and more and I just feel that I can't with all the sound around me and I am not sure if it's disrespectful to prohibit the people who's house I live in from making noise for any length of time.

Re: Something that bugs me!

I don't know if my solution will be practical for you, but in my household there is the same issue with everyone sleeping at odd hours. We all own a set of noise cancelling or otherwise noise dampening headphones. Mine are just a decent set of gaming phones I didn't pay more than 15 bucks for. Even on low volume with a bit of nice ambient music on I can barely hear a thing. They're comfortable too so I can do all my meditations and trance work while wearing them and it doesn't bother me. You can ask them to be quiet all you want, but the truth is it's just not practical to walk around in silence all the time and many household duties that need to be done everyday (cleaning, cooking, dishes...) Just make a lot of noise. Not trying to lecture, believe me I feel for you, but you may have to take some extra steps to ensure you get that silence instead of relying on others to be silent for you.

Comment

Re: Something that bugs me!

Been in that situation before, you just just need to find a way to work around the noise. Is there somewhere else you can practice, maybe outside, or another room which doesn't get as much noise from the rest of the house? As Dust said some kind of headphones or earplugs are a great option, I usually wear some while meditating. If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to either get used to it or move out, my experience has been that trying to get people to change the amount of noise they make is a losing battle.

Comment

Working...
      X