Strength Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strength Training

I've been strength training for the better part of almost 20 years, started back in 1994 with high school football and been an iron addict ever since. For the past 5 years I have been training mainly in power lifting and strongman. you know the guys that bench press like 800 lbs and pull buses. I'm not exactly a 'big guy" I'm only 5'9'' 185 lbs...yet I can bench press 405 lbs, squat 500 lbs and have deadlifted 605 lbs.

Just wondering if there is anyone else that's into strength training, or fitness in general?

Re: Strength Training

I wish I was stronger. While I can run (read: jog very very slowly) for 30 min ok, so I feel pretty good about my leg strength most of the time, my upper body strength is nil. I can't really do planks etc for abs, because my shoulders hunch cos my arms aren't strong enough. I can hardly hang from the monkey bars. And it makes me wonder what went wrong... As a kid I could hang from the monkey bars for ages, and I used to be the 12 yo shot put champion at school, but it's just all gone.

*sadface*

I really enjoy strength training. I wish I was motivated to do more of it. Actually I wish I was motivated to do more training in general.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Strength Training

I used to strength train when I had a gym membership. I would lift weights. Now I don't have a gym membership, but am thinking about getting weights to work out at home.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
      X