Creating Utopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Utopia

So everyone at some point has an idea on how a utopian society could or should work, and what i thought would be fun and different for a change is to work together with a large group of people to help create a utopian system of government and society. so obviously i wouldnt beable to account for everything on my own so ill post what i have, people can rip it apart and so where it won't work ill go off and think of a solution (or someone else will) and we can add it to the model

so what do people think? and ill post what i have so far below.

The Model

The Government

A. Structure

The Government would be headed by a Triumvirate. Three councillor's all of equal standing, voted into office (by and from) and supported by a Cabinet of councillor's each heading up a department;
    Foreign affairs
    Treasury
    Home
    Defence
    Justice
    Education
    Work and pensions
    Health
    Food and Rural
    Energy and Abode
    Transport

Each cabinet councillor will run all aspects of their named department, voted into office (by and from) and supported by group of regional councillor's.

Each regional councillor will be responsible for the running of all aspects of his named department within his region. Voted into office (by and from) and supported by group of County councillor's.

Each County councillor will be responsible for the running of all aspects of his named department within his county. Voted into office (by and from) and supported by group of City councillor's.

Each City councillor will be responsible for the running of all aspects of his named department within his City. Voted into office (by and from) and supported by group of Town councillor's.

Each Town councillor will be responsible for the running of all aspects of his named department within his Town. Voted into office (by and from) and supported by a town council or the named department. The town council will be voted into office (by and from) by the people of the town with an interest in his named department. That choose to attend the meetings.

Each major councillor will have a deputy councillor, the person with the second most votes. They will continue to act as a normal councillor, unless the head councillor becomes incapacitated

Below is a visual representation of how this would be set out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uto.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	356020

B. Voting

1. Election

Anyone may apply for the position being elected onto the town council. The only restriction is that any one applying for a town department council position must have a minimum of ten years professional experience in the department (A teacher that has been so for at least 10 years)

To be considered for election into higher roles, the applicant must already be an active member in the subordinate council.

2.Legislature

All policies, law's and act's will have the voting started as far down the government ladder as is possible, 70% majority vote will rule and each Head councillor must take the majority vote from his constituents up to the next level. In the case of law's, policies, or act's that can not be voted on by the public domain for reason's of time, imminent danger, or national security. The legislation will progress as far down the government ladder as appropriate, majority vote will rule. Should a majority vote not manifest a second vote will be held, if there is still no majority the head councillor may use his own vote as the majority vote for his constituents.

this is a work in progress and ill post more as i finnish it

- - - Updated - - -

C. Education
    All children will attend public school from the age of 5 to the age of 18. This education will be free and cover:
    • Science
    • Religion and culture
    • Mathematics
    • History
    • Language
    • Sexual education
    • Social and life skills
    • Physical training

After completion of public education after the age of 18 every citizen shall be required to contribute 3 years of national service.

After the completion of national service should the citizen choose to continue education the will be able to attend public college and universities for free.

All schools, colleges and universities will be run and staffed by teaching professionals, military and civil personnel.

Each citizen may attend secondary education three times, after this the citizen will have to do the best with the qualifications they have attained.

Re: Creating Utopia

All well and good,BUT remember MANY types of government have been tried to attain Utopia and many ended badly. The communist ideal was supposed to make everyone equal and "Free" but the ones that took control became overlords and the common people suffered greatly. Good luck in finding the perfect system,but remember not all that glitters is gold.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

A democracy in my opinion can never be utopia because there's too much conflict between different people who will always be upset when their leader isn't the one they voted for. In contrast an autocracy could enforce enough control to keep everyone complacent and reduce crimes however the issues with autocracy is that you will eventually get a corrupt leader who will abuse power and also that people don't like to know they have no power. As long as people have free will and weak hearts No-place will remain No-place.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
        A democracy in my opinion can never be utopia because there's too much conflict between different people who will always be upset when their leader isn't the one they voted for. In contrast an autocracy could enforce enough control to keep everyone complacent and reduce crimes however the issues with autocracy is that you will eventually get a corrupt leader who will abuse power and also that people don't like to know they have no power. As long as people have free will and weak hearts No-place will remain No-place.
        i havent typed up the rest of the idea's in my head yet but ther government model in the end should hopefully be democratic in creation and facist in implementation if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
        X