This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athena

I have quite an interest in Athena and was wondering if anyone wanted to talk about her a bit interesting stories about her, personal experiences with evokation or invokation, that kind of thing.

Re: Athena

I've never worked with Her closely, but Athena's given me a bop on the head on occasion. For awhile, She had a habit of showing up everywhere, especially with Her owl symbol. She can be really insistent! But I guess most deities can be that way if They please.

My impression of Her has always been that She's not exactly a "warm" deity who wants to buddy-buddy up with you, but She's not the cold or distant type, either. I also get the impression of a somewhat solar goddess, although from what I know Athena isn't strictly solar.

Athena is pretty cool. I admire Her intellectual aspects a lot, and I also like how She seems to balance the masculine and feminine within Herself.

My favorite story is the one where She's born from Zeus's forehead. I get mental images of Hephaestus holding up an axe, saying, "are. . . are you really, REALLY sure?" And Zeus says, "did I stutter?" *impious moment of the day*
    Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Originally posted by Satu View Post
      My favorite story is the one where She's born from Zeus's forehead. I get mental images of Hephaestus holding up an axe, saying, "are. . . are you really, REALLY sure?" And Zeus says, "did I stutter?" *impious moment of the day*
      Zeus: "I want you to hit me as hard as you can."

But in srs mode, I find Athena to be a fascinating figure. I've never worked with her personally, and I'm awful at "feeling" energy, so hell if I know if she' ever done something to watch out for me or look over me. But she's very interesting, with a very rich mythology; my Greek Mythology professor considers her to be our school's patron goddess, since we're all in academia. And there's a statue of her on the school grounds.

Comment

I like to sit and ponder the meaning behind Athena and Dionysus being the only deities Zeus birthed.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
          I like to sit and ponder the meaning behind Athena and Dionysus being the only deities Zeus birthed.
          I would understand this to be symbolic of the duality of Nature, wisdom vs. ecstasy, prudence vs. indulgence.

Comment

Working...
          X