This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Energy work

TL;DR all of it, but my first thoughts were Reiki - healing using the hands, directing energy for healing, those things...
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Just going to toss in my tuppence here.

When I did my first energy work it was in my Wiccan period and the first thing that was fairly much hammered into my head was that when doing energy work you make prepararions and in the following order: Shield (so you yourself are protected), cleanse (for any outside energy or influnce that might be detrimental), ground (any excess energy). When this is done you cleanse the space around you and cast a circle, thus creating a clean area, cordoned off from surroundings, where it is safe to work.

If you want to use Google as a resourse you could try using the words shielding, cleansing and/or grounding to gether with energy or "energy work" and see if something pops up.
      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I feel so crass... everyone here cleanses and stuff. I just hold really still and push my energy out.

But, I don't think about logic when I'm using my energy (if someone in my house is not feeling well and I am on the other side, I push my energy to them through the walls).

I practice all the time making energy balls then expanding or contracting them, it really helps a lot with healing and such when you can change the size and function of your energy immediately.

Comment

Okay, I admit I am sloppy at times and don't go through the process quite a thoroughly as I should. But having once been hit by a backlash of negative energy I didn't expect and didn't have time to block because I forgot to shield at the beginning, I am so not ever not doing it again. But yeah, I'm a lazy at times too.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
            the first thing that was fairly much hammered into my head was that when doing energy work you make prepararions and in the following order

I have to admit to being a little surprised to see Ground as the LAST thing you're supposed to do. To create an effective (and more importantly, stable) Shield, I Ground and Center first.
            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

If you look at this logically, the first step is shielding the user and the place, second step - meditation or grounding as you say, and the third step- filling the place with energy.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
                I have to admit to being a little surprised to see Ground as the LAST thing you're supposed to do. To create an effective (and more importantly, stable) Shield, I Ground and Center first.
                I have no idea as to why what I learned is in a different order, but it always worked for me. Maybe it's becuase I'm an air and fire person and draw my energy for the shield from there? And just to make the confusion complete I tend to ground/root in fire or rather magma rather than in pure earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                If you look at this logically, the first step is shielding the user and the place, second step - meditation or grounding as you say, and the third step- filling the place with energy.
                If that order of doing it works for you, by all means go ahead. I can see that Vigdisdotter and I do thing in a somewhat different order so if the one you mentioned makes the most sense to you by all means. I think it also depends on where you draw the shield from.

Comment

Krasskova and Kaldera put grounding and centering together, as you can do them pretty much simultaneously. Shielding come after, I believe because you need to know yourself, and where your energies are before you can draw on them for a shield.

Just my two cents, as I'm reading Neolithic Shamanism​ atm.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I've seen and heard the range. I've even heard at least one person claim that grounding and centering actually WAS shielding and that doing a mix of the three was immensely redundant.

After reading texts that contradict each other, I stick with 'do what works for YOU' and don't let someone from a different viewpoint tell you how to believe.

Basically: If it works for me, it must be right. But not necessarily right for anyone BUT me. I just love it when it comes to the 'correct order of things', though. That's when everyone else knows the correct order is their own personal belief, so we should believe it, too. That tickles me.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I am fairly new at it as well. I don't know exactly how to answer your question, but I can tell you what I have learned to do, through trial and error, that works the best for me. I start either standing or siting in lotus, close my eyes, and let go of all my thoughts. It helps to envision them floating away like little birds or paper airplanes. When my mind is clear I access my center. I feel it and look it over and spend a few minutes there. I feel it for negativity and let the negativity flow out of me into a stone (that has been purified, or into the earth if I have no stone. When I have feel empty I pull energy from the earth. I feel more connected to water that land so I tend to reach for water. Also trees. Old, big trees. I want to be full of their wisdom. When I feel rejuvenated and whole, I close off the flow of energy and slowly let my mind back to the conscious. I have come to the point now where I can go between the conscious and sub-conscious quickly and easily. It feels better than any physical high ever could

Comment

Originally posted by Jillian View Post
                        I am fairly new at it as well. I don't know exactly how to answer your question, but I can tell you what I have learned to do, through trial and error, that works the best for me. I start either standing or siting in lotus, close my eyes, and let go of all my thoughts. It helps to envision them floating away like little birds or paper airplanes. When my mind is clear I access my center. I feel it and look it over and spend a few minutes there. I feel it for negativity and let the negativity flow out of me into a stone (that has been purified, or into the earth if I have no stone. When I have feel empty I pull energy from the earth. I feel more connected to water that land so I tend to reach for water. Also trees. Old, big trees. I want to be full of their wisdom. When I feel rejuvenated and whole, I close off the flow of energy and slowly let my mind back to the conscious. I have come to the point now where I can go between the conscious and sub-conscious quickly and easily. It feels better than any physical high ever could
                        Thanks
                        From what you are saying, I can make a special centre within myself and take different powers nature from different resources, like trees, wind, water and so on. Very interesting.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Yes! Use what you feel the most connected to. For me its water. Big bodies of water. For some people its the sky, others the ground. Go with what you flow with, so that you aren't struggling to stay focused or complete the task.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, grounding comes second. Find your center first, ground it to the earth, then you can work on creating a shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Jillian View Post
                            Yes! Use what you feel the most connected to. For me its water. Big bodies of water. For some people its the sky, others the ground. Go with what you flow with, so that you aren't struggling to stay focused or complete the task.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, grounding comes second. Find your center first, ground it to the earth, then you can work on creating a shield.
                            For some reason, I have a strong pull towards heavy clouds and water.

But there is also a place for earth.
                            I don't know how to describe it even, but I'll try. It's like.. um.. sitting / standing (depends on what I am going to do) near the top of a waterfall (combination of earth and water).

Comment

When I think about it, I wonder what happens after making a huge amount of energy at once. One of the options is being totally exhausted.
                              I hope it doesn't go beyond that.

Comment

I know that there are different kinds of energy. Mine is used more for healing and is warm. Is there cold energy? Something that is opposite to the one I use.

Comment

Working...
                                X