Nanowrimo 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanowrimo 2013

I still haven't decided whether or not I want to participate this year! I think it depends on whether I can be comfortable writing merely a novella instead of the whole 50,000 words - it means I can't win, but it would be helpful motivation to actually finish what I barely started in Camp Nano (I think I wrote a couple of thousand words before I got fed up with failed time management).

Anyone else joining in this year?

Re: Nanowrimo 2013

I'm totally doing it this year, yeah We can cheer each other on. I haven't made any account just yet.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I might just be a Rebel this year I'd be happy to write 25,000 and finish what I started at Camp.

Comment

Oooh a rebel. I've thought about doing that because I have something that I've already started, but I also have a second idea that I think I might be able to make some headway on if I work on it during nanowrimo. I'm just trying to decide at this point, really. Heads or tails, maybe? Lol.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Comment

I'll really miss that satisfying feeling of watching my word count rise, though... that's part of what was so motivating about Nano, so I don't know if I'll get the same boost from it if I rebel...

Comment

I guess I'm in for the full 50,000 again this year... I did it last year while I was moving, surely I can manage it this year, too!

Comment

I might do the 50K thing this year. My motivation to write fiction has been so low, though . . . .
              Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

I don't know if I am going to participate this year. I already have a novel in production and I haven't even finished it. I might participate if I have an idea.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I think I'm going to start fresh with a new story. I think in the past I've been crippled by my love of a plot - I'm afraid what I write won't live up to the idea I have in my head. So this year, I'm going to find some small inspiration and run with it so I can get some practice writing a novel before I tackle another storyline I'm passionate about.

Comment

I'm guessing this is a writer's thing? I'm interested and curious about it. Have not heard much about this.

Comment

Oh it's so exciting to know that others around here are going to be doing NaNo. We can motivate each other and help one another through writer's block and all kinds of things. Awesome!
                      -Adam Lambert

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                        I'm guessing this is a writer's thing? I'm interested and curious about it. Have not heard much about this.

It stands for National Novel Writing Month. It's a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the thirty days of November. It's about quantity, not quality, so we all acknowledge it's not about writing a masterpiece in that time, just getting the words down so that you can edit it and work on it from there. It can be tough, but having that motivation that comes from a big community working together is really helpful.

Comment

Also, if anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy:

Comment

Working...
                          X