X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lego

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. Just telling what I did when I was little. I'm not interested in legos now, but those who are have their own hobby. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to make fun of anyone.
    It is no problem anubisa, I misunderstood. It can be hard to tell emotion over text.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Got the bricks I need (and then some) to build the enclosed trailer for the red and black truck.

Also ordered a lot of the parts that I will need for the crane, as well as just a lot of parts that I use a lot for the things I like to build.

3,303 bricks ordered... this is why I don't let myself visit that site too often.
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
        It is no problem anubisa, I misunderstood. It can be hard to tell emotion over text.
        Thanks for understanding Doc. I didn't want to offend anyone.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          Thanks for understanding Doc. I didn't want to offend anyone.
          I didn't take what you said as offensive. Most people grow out of their Lego fixation... I didn't.

Comment

It's like real life minecraft haha

Also, just ti check, it's "leg-oh" right, none of this "lay-go" bullshit....
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              It's like real life minecraft haha

you are correct.

Comment

OMG those tiny trucks are amazing! Four little thingies wide? How do you even DO that? lol

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                Yay for leg-oh pronunciation! You have no idea how much shit I cop for saying 'leg-oh' in South Australia. Where did they even come up with 'lay-go' anyway?

Now I know there's at least two people in the state who say it right. Maybe there's hope for us after all

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  OMG those tiny trucks are amazing! Four little thingies wide? How do you even DO that? lol
                  I'm stubborn.

Comment

omg TS those are so awesome. I used to love legos when I was little too, but I wasn't quite that gifted. Cool. Do you use kits or build them yourself? I built model airplane kits when I was younger but that was about it.
                    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
                      omg TS those are so awesome. I used to love legos when I was little too, but I wasn't quite that gifted. Cool. Do you use kits or build them yourself? I built model airplane kits when I was younger but that was about it.
                      I occasionally buy sets that pique my interest... the Star Wars sets are some of my favorites... but my trucks are all my own creations. No instructions, just my imagination and determination to coax tiny little details into existence.

Comment

Finally got around to building the matching trailer for the red and black truck.

pics here

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Yay for leg-oh pronunciation! You have no idea how much shit I cop for saying 'leg-oh' in South Australia. Where did they even come up with 'lay-go' anyway?

Now I know there's at least two people in the state who say it right. Maybe there's hope for us after all
                          Its clearly not an SA thing... Nut jobs.....
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                            Finally got around to building the matching trailer for the red and black truck.

pics here
                            OMGs! Running lights!

- - - Updated - - -

Urgh, hate to double post, but it's too late for me to edit my last one.

XKCD was thinking of you today, ThorsSon:

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              OMGs! Running lights!
                              aye.

The flatbed and the lowboy have them, too.

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              XKCD was thinking of you today, ThorsSon:

haha. nice.

Comment

oh... and, for those who want to build with Lego, but don't have any, or don't have the parts you want: check out Lego Digital Designer

That is what I use to plan a lot of the stuff I build. It is like building with the ultimate Lego collection. I can build stuff in LDD, then if I don't have all the parts I need here to build the model physically, I can see which parts I lack, and hit up BrickLink.

The pics I posted of things that I "plan to build..." the pics that are computer generated, rather than of actual Lego pieces, are screenshots from LDD.

Check it out... it is like crack. All the Lego you can want... for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X