This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Age

How many people have played Dragon Age Origins?

How many times have you
    played it?
    What did you play as?
    Did you romance anyone?
    Favourite
    event/thing/diaglogue/doozywatsit?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Dragon Age

I have tried to play it twice, and the damn thing takes up so much RAM that I've never owned a computer that can handle it...not even my new one.

Mostly art.

Comment

twice

human noble/warrior, dalish elf/rogue

leliana as human, morrigan as the elf

favorite thing was sten saying at the end " Where is the cake? i was told there would be cake? the cake is a lie!"

but also i like bantering with oghren, fighting the hoards of darkspawn in the deep roads, and the story in general.

both playthroughs were unique but the first time as the human noble really made me feel like a grey warden.

love your phrase btw
      Last edited by Chris the Bold; 17 Oct 2013, 21:55.

Comment

Only one complete playthrough, got another one about 80% of the way in progress before Mass Effect sidetracked me, and various playthroughs in the first half of the game trying out different class/race combos.

Human mage and elf mage. Tried the other classes but they're really not that engaging.

Leliana both times, just because she's the easiest to let happen by default.

Probably when you're in the dwarven tunnels and you find out for the first time how the Darkspawn are created. Walking down that passage, while you slowly realize what's going on, then with the boss at the end... super creepy. Second place is probably the Ashes of Andraste quest line, really opens up an interesting moral debate at the end.

You guys been keeping an eye on DA3? 2 was dissapointing, but if they've learned their lessons from it the third game could be amazing.

Also just finished the Mass Effect trilogy for the first time, loved it. Don't think the ending was nearly as bad as people make out either, even without the mod.

Comment

^ mass effect is a worthy cause! and I agree with your statement about the end!

Comment

Many, many times...I've played every origin at least once, and some twice or more

My favourite origins would have to be the city elf origin, followed by mage and then human noble

I've romanced all the possible love interests except Zevran, always end up getting him killed or he betrays me.

My favourite scene in the game is Leliana's elven song at the party camp. Made me realise fully how amazing the game's soundtrack is!
            sigpic

Comment

I played it on my old computer, usually playing either human noble or dwarven noble. I usually romance Leliana or Morrigan. The furthest I've come is trying to enroll the dalish elves, but I'm stuck on the last part of the armour you can find in the forest; I just can't beat all those damn undead. I really love the whole game itself, it's like a less unplayable Baldur's Gate!
              "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Oh lord...15-16 times?

I'm obsessed.

My favorite, beloved is a human female mage who romances Alistair and then dumps him horribly for Loghain. Because that's how I roll.

I have the fan fiction and fan art to prove it. I also got Judge's Favorite in the Bioware fan art contest a few years ago. I have issues.

Comment

Oh lord...15-16 times?
                  Damn. That's impressive

On another note, 30 minute gameplay video from DA3. It's shot on a phone so the quality isn't ideal, but the game actually looks pretty good so far.

Comment

I've seen this one. Makes me giddy. I was at home during E3 and the release of the first trailer. I am pretty sure my neighbors heard my hysterical screaming. I'm such a terrible fan girl.

Comment

I cannot wait to try out DAIII. I have got pretty far on DAII but I need a break from it. I think I have seriously OD'd on it lol.
                      There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

William Wordsworth

Comment

I've completed it about 5 times or so because Fenris.

Comment

I never finished 2, it had some upsides, the the constant reuse of zones and the shoddy writing just killed it for me about 3/4 of the way through. Might reinstall it and give it another shot some time down the road.

Comment

I think my main irk with that game is the fact they use the same cave system for several quests but in different locations.

William Wordsworth

Comment

Yeah it wasn't just that one cave, they had a whole ton of zones they reused with slight changes, they'd block one passageway and open a different one, but didn't even bother to change the minimap, so you could still see the exact same zone lockout.

I mean I understand reusing resources, but that's just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X