Why is winter so cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is winter so cold?

Don't actually answer the question haha. I know why it's cold. This is a rant.

Last night was the first night near freezing here. I am not happy. It's supposed to warm up a bit next week to near 20. I hope we get a little stretch of warmer weather!

Re: Why is winter so cold?

I understand what you mean. I actually love Fall and Winter. I guess it was because I was born in Summer. ^^ Also I was born in KY and raised in WV. So i'm sorry about your winter. I hope it goes quickly for you though.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The weather in my country is mostly hot, so I pretty like winter, and try to enjoy it as much as possible. Though I still consider the need to put warm clothes on me in order to avoid cold or any other type of desease. But I need to buy a good umbrella sometime. The local ones aren't very well-made...
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

because if it was hot it would be called summer

Comment

I still have my windows open all the time. It's still low 40s/high 30s (F) at night here so we haven't even turned on the heat yet.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            I still have my windows open all the time. It's still low 40s/high 30s (F) at night here so we haven't even turned on the heat yet.
            That's about how much it is here too (my temps are always in Celsius)...except for last night it hasn't been freezing just yet. I'm still cold though. We also don't use the heat unless it is very cold. I just put sweaters on and complain lol.

I was a summer baby. I grew up in a mild climate as well, so we never had cold winters. We didn't have hot summers either and somehow I'm fine with those (it's both hotter and more humid here than where I grew up) but winter is just yuckkkkk.

Comment

I long for summer already, but it's many months away...
              My blog
              On Instagram
              On Witches' Voice

Comment

I feel you. It is getting soooo cold so fast down here in Bavaria too. What always gets me about this borderline bipolar German weather is that it's so sudden...I don't know if you've notice DanieMarie (lol and I bet you have)...One day it's smoking 32 Celsius and the next day it's like 16 Celsius and then the day after that it's the first frikken FROST !! There's no transition. One day you're dying of a heat stroke and the next you're freezing your bumz off. It's so nuts. And even though I've been here for nearly 20 years, I will NEVER...seriously NEVER get use to that! EVER! ~ rant over -_-

Comment

Still shorts weather here...and two weekends ago, we went swimming at the beach.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

god I'm dreading every drop in temperature -_- canadian winters are so much fun. whoopy. I'd like fall so much better if it wasn't immediately followed by winter. why can't it go spring, summer, fall and then repeat without any winter

Comment

It's over 80 degrees here.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                        I feel you. It is getting soooo cold so fast down here in Bavaria too. What always gets me about this borderline bipolar German weather is that it's so sudden...I don't know if you've notice DanieMarie (lol and I bet you have)...One day it's smoking 32 Celsius and the next day it's like 16 Celsius and then the day after that it's the first frikken FROST !! There's no transition. One day you're dying of a heat stroke and the next you're freezing your bumz off. It's so nuts. And even though I've been here for nearly 20 years, I will NEVER...seriously NEVER get use to that! EVER! ~ rant over -_-
                        Haha yep! It happens here too. Usually we have oddly late summers, so it will be warm and 20-ish into October, and then overnight it will freeze. Sometimes it will even snow. This year it happened earlier, though we do have a really odd period of warm weather right now. I swear, I complained about how cold it was and then 2 days later it was 20 degrees and sunny out.

Are your early springs as weird as ours are? I think your weather is a bit crazier than ours is, but because we used to be a swamp and it's stupidly humid here, our weather gets insane when it warms up in March. Like, it will sometimes rain, hail, snow, be sunny, and be crazy windy all in the same day.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh my boyfriend keeps thinking that he can still dry clothes outside. I'm like "no, you can't." It's warmer out, but it's also WINDY, it still rains periodically for no reason, with no warning, and there is no direct sunlight on the balcony most of the day because the sun is too low and it gets hidden behind all the buildings. He's not listening to me and I just had to drag in yet another load of sopping wet laundry (which I swear is wetter than when it was taken out of the machine) that kept getting blown over.

Comment

Man... I can't wait for the temperature to keep dropping. I really don't like summers. :P You're lucky to me, DanieMarie.
                          Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Here it's always wet. When the weather gets colder, then it feels worse because usually we're damp too. And believe me, 43 degrees fahrenheit indoors (6 celsius) it's not funny.

Plus heating is so expensive it's a joke.
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              Here it's always wet. When the weather gets colder, then it feels worse because usually we're damp too. And believe me, 43 degrees fahrenheit indoors (6 celsius) it's not funny.

Plus heating is so expensive it's a joke.
                              This is why my family always gets a house with a fireplace. I'm sorry heating is so expensive for y'all.
                              Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Working...
                              X