This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Scount Leaders Destroy 170-Million-Year-Old Rock Formation

Not only are they stupid enough to record this and then upload it to the Internet, but LISTEN TO WHY THEY SAY THEY DID IT.

I need to go lie down now.

Re: Boy Scount Leaders Destroy 170-Million-Year-Old Rock Formation

Stupid is as stupid does I suppose but this is just unreal. Makes me sad I spent years as a leader teaching how we are supposed to respect the land and all and stuff like this undermines all of us. I think they should be charged with destruction and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. I also think the Scouts should release a statement about this and how it does not support their goals and ethics.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I think they should be made to put it back, just like it was... without a crane...
      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
      Clan of my Clan
      Kin of my Kin
      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I think a felony vandalism charge on both of them and suspending the troop would be a good punishment. Obviously the two grown idiots need to be dismissed.

Comment

What a big fat fucking idiot.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

*rageragerage*
            Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

That's what humanity does. Goes wherever it wants to and destroys everything around it, when there's nothing left to destroy, it goes somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                I think a felony vandalism charge on both of them and suspending the troop would be a good punishment. Obviously the two grown idiots need to be dismissed.
                From the article I had read, it wasn't the troop--it was two leader and one of the leaders' son, who happens to be part of the troop. Honestly, I'm not sure how other news outlets are putting it out, but this story and the article I read are a wee bit at odds, in whether or not it was actually a scouting trip or the people just happened to be Boy Scouts. Either way, I'm not sure why you would suspend the whole troop for what 3 people were involved in, when the rest weren't present.

Also, either way, that is completely and utterly not what Scouting (Boy Scouts or otherwise) teaches concerning the outdoors...and is pretty much obnoxious.

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                That's what humanity does. Goes wherever it wants to and destroys everything around it, when there's nothing left to destroy, it goes somewhere else.
                So do beavers.
                Last edited by thalassa; 19 Oct 2013, 19:04. Reason: double post
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Bad enough that it was done, and not surprising that someone did it, but the kind of thing you'd expect from drunks, not scout MASTERS!?

Showed the video to two J1 classes.

The first weren't all that interested, but I heard a few comments like "It's just a rock." (These are kid's who pull stumps, or ride snow mobiles, quads, go mudding in oversized trucks -all on illegal state & private land -, and who also understand the fine art of the demolition derby).

The other class was somewhat more animated, and thought they were idiots.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I don't understand shit like this. I really don't. On top of it, it just proves all these moronic parents wrong, that believe they don't have to upbring their kids themselves as long as they get them involved in as many 'after school' activities as possible. NO s**theads...You still have to teach them a set of morals and decency. *facepalms*

Comment

Is there another link or something? As a Canadian, I can't view Hulu content.
                      "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

For crying out loud.... Scout leaders????? I can't even wrap my mind around how anyone even involved in scouts could do that. Three of my best friends and their fathers are eagle scouts and I know they would be appalled by that. "It needed to go down" "Safety first"???? If its been standing a 170 million years it probably wasn't going anywhere jackass!!!!!

Hm... I shouldn't let people upset me so...

Comment

There are no words... (except expletives...)

Hulu took it down. If you really want to see, I found it on YouTube. "Scout Leaders Destroy Rock Formation" will bring it up. I can't post links yet...

The-opposite-of-enjoy,

-Poetics

Comment

That was terrible, once again mankind's immaturity at it finest..

Comment

Working...
                            X