Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a "Really Special" place that you worship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a "Really Special" place that you worship?

First when I say "worship" I mean whatever you do to come before your Deity. Give honor to, commune, give offerings, hold a rite, etc.

Most everyone has an altar, of sorts, in a place where they go to worship their Deity on a normal basis. It may be a TV tray that they set up for the rite, and take down afterwards; some have converted the spare room into a shrine with a permanent altar. And as special as these are, I'm not asking about them.

Many people have a special place they go. The backyard, a near by park, a wooded area just outside town, or down by the stream or river. These are well and great, but still not what I'm asking about.

I'm asking about that one "Best place I've ever worshiped in the whole galaxy" type of place. You may have been there only once, or you may go as often as you can. But it is the one place that stands out to you as being, or having been, the place where you "really made the connection".

For me, it is underwater. I am surrounded by a very formidable element, water. Not to diminish Air, but I'm surrounded by that all the time. Underwater is almost like being in the Underworld for me. Nowhere else do I feel the energies like I do underwater. Nowhere else do I become so relaxed as I can underwater.

While I cannot recommend that you attempt to mediate underwater; for me it is a form of meditation. There is a certain amount of focus required in order to return to the surface alive. And I liken that to what it takes to meditate. You need to prepare yourself, you need to know what you will be doing while you are down there, and you are never sure what will take place while you are down there.

I've actually held a couple of rites underwater and they were fantastic. The only downside is trying to light the candle... you will work up a sweat, trust me.

Re: Do you have a "Really Special" place that you worship?

my favourite is sitting on my porch at night, when the moon and stars are out and the street is empty

Comment

No if it is time for worshiping I can do it from any where though I prefer worshiping at night when everyone is sleeping.
      No sig for you.

Comment

Not really considering my gods / goddesses are omni-present for me. So any where I pause to think about them or perform a ceremony / ritual to them is special whether it be in the deep woods or in the middle of my living room. That is not to say there are not places or times when I feel compelled to hold a special ritual / ceremony at a place they have directed me to and fill me with the sense of a special purpose to be performed on a special date.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

My grandma's farm has an area that in the past was used as an alter for sacrifice and offerings. It is a row of very large, flat, red rocks. I use it for my offerings and sometimes as the site for a spell.

But, that said, I agree with the above poster about the omnipresent beings. I hold to the Native belief that to live is to worship and pray. Wherever and whenever I am is the perfect place to speak to Creator.

^^^ Help us to hatch and grow with a click!
          ^^^

Comment

Working...
          X