This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: roleplaying

i play table top dnd and help run a rpg website that has a harry potter and other fandoms crossover.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I love RPGs! I play D&D, World of Darkness, and WARS for the most part, but am willing to play any tabletop RPG

Comment

Oh my God, D&D is my favourite thing. I was part of a campaign that went on for an entire summer and have participated in many smaller games since. I even started my own as a DM last year. We should do the thing.

Comment

I used to help run a small forum dedicated to free form /text based RPing. I made a very vague history for the "planet" to give new players something to build off without constriction creative freedom too much.
          Sadly it died down quite a bit, myself and a handful of the active members started to become rather busy. Now I just have this ghost town of a message board in my bookmarks XD
          Been really wanting to dive back into RPing, but haven't quite clicked with anyone recently! :{
          If any of you are interested in a place which currently is a clean slate, I'd be happy to pass on the link!

Comment

I hadn't played d&d for about a decade, now my kids play 4e and it's got me hooked again so now I play 3 nights a week (plus the odd skype game with my sister and her partner) but I have to say 4e is really badly designed and it bugs me severely that the materials are so expensive and convoluted (we only bought the core book but my husband DMs and he doesn't get much planning time so we play the pre-set adventures but they need so much tweaking it really hasn't saved much time at all) I think wizards have realised their mistake though as I heard they are bringing out a New D&D starting again from first. Apparently this will involve much more scope for character development and much faster game play (so maybe a hark back to the old days? That would be good. Dark Sun was awesome but I didn't like the re-vamped version much, I have to say..) anyway, I think we'll be giving it a go. I have got all the 3.5 gear but would prefer to 'move on' so to speak.
            Sorry, I'm starting to write an essay here... whoops! ... I've never tried online rpging so not really sure how it works.
            Lovely to meet some fellow rpgers, "may all your hits be crits" many blessings all, Little Corbie

Comment

The way you feel about online RPing is how I feel about D&D! I'm terribly shy when vocalizing my characters actions and I feel like my writing is much more eloquent! On top of that, my memory isn't the greatest mathematically, so I struggle with quickly calculating simple math. I know most people don't care, but I have always struggled, I can't seem to rid myself of that nagging insecurity >:{

Comment

I'm only had the opportunity to do video game RPGs and forum turn based role playing (which is pretty awesome). I think tabletop looks like fun, but I've never had enough like minded friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Phuntcaise View Post
                  The way you feel about online RPing is how I feel about D&D! I'm terribly shy when vocalizing my characters actions and I feel like my writing is much more eloquent! On top of that, my memory isn't the greatest mathematically, so I struggle with quickly calculating simple math. I know most people don't care, but I have always struggled, I can't seem to rid myself of that nagging insecurity >:{
                  It's great then that you are able to play online because rpging is so much fun however you do it, I really love that we have tts, larps, online games...it means many different folks can participate on their own level - but what you say about the maths is how I feel about the typing issue: you know FB has that 'chat' function? lol, I feel like my fingers are going to fall off and my brain explode just trying to keep up (and if a third party joins in - phew! I'm dead meat!) if I had to think ad-hoc what my character was doing and saying and then TYPE it instead of just blurting it out, I think I would end up a quivering blob of hysterical green jelly! I have so much respect for folks who manage to do it! I did play a little of the Gates of Camelot (Heather Dale's co-project?) but the battling side was a little dull and I ended up simply sitting in awe of the other players who were having these totally eloquent character discussions in real-time! Amazing!
                  I too struggle with the number-crunching but, luckily, I play with folk who know me so well they put up with it! I have played with some really pedantic players over the years who get very stressy over rules etc - I'm afraid my wicked streak comes out at those times (It's very deep down but I do have one!) No one should make other players feel uncomfortable or unskilled, it's just a game at the end of the day!

Comment

I play D&D and Savage Worlds. I actually write modules for a living campaign using the D&D Next rules set.

Comment

I'm a long standing tabletop gaming player. I originally got started with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, which mutated into getting into D&D 3.5 edition several years later. Oh the memories, oh the horror, oh the casting of acid arrow on a gelatinous cude...good time, good times.

Nowadays my gaming shelf is primarily made up of my D&D 3.5 books, my Call of Cthulhu books (Yeah, I play CoC and I enjoy it. Why yes, I am a sadist), A few books from d20 Modern and Delta Green and Cthulhu-tech (I'm a Mythos nut, I am not ashamed of it). But the biggest section of my gaming shelf is devoted to my World of Darkness collection. I have books from Vampire the Masquerade, Vampire The Dark Ages, Mage The Ascension, The Mage The Sorcerer's Crusade, and even the Mummy: The Resurrection book. I also own a copy of just about every Vampire: The requiem Book, the books for Mage: the Awakening, Changeling the Dreaming, the mortals source books and Hunter the Vigil along with Promethean the Created. I am very specific about the settings I like and for the life of me I could never get into the Werewolf settings completely.

Comment

GELATINOUS CUBE!!!!!!!!!

I love the cube.

Myself, I started tabletopping with DnD Basic Red Box that my mom bought me for Christmas. I was around 10 I think. Thirty years later, I am still tabletopping, and am married to a man that loves to do so as well.

I think we've played the majority of systems out there at least "once". Currently, I am DM'ing two different campaigns for our group. We get together once every other month, and which campaign I choose to go with will depend on my mood. The first is a DnD 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign, thieves guild flavor. The second is a Shadowrun 5.0 campaign.

Comment

So did any group from here decide to start an rpg forum or join somewhere else. I havent played since high school i dont know anyone who plays games like that here. I miss playing magic cards too.

Comment

I like the older game systems; SNES, Playstation, and Playstation 2. Right now I'm playing Wild Arms again.

Comment

Am a proud player of Pathfinder series. It's my first RPG tabletop game that I've played and fell in love with it. Currently playing in the Pathfinder Society groups in my country, and am currently a GM for other players to kill and maim as they try to pass their DC 32 bluff check against my demon. :devil:

Anyway, if anyone is interested in RPG gaming without the long term commitment or looking for a group of like-minded mates, you should definitely check out Pathfinder Society. You don't need to stick to a bunch of friends to play a scenario and the system is definitely suitable for people with little time in their hands and just want to hop in a scenario.

Considering that most of you forumers here are living in the states, there should be many Pathfinder Society groups around that you can get around and start playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X