X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roleplaying

any other rpers in here?

I play dnd and also do some random casual roleplays. I like playing original characters more than preexisting characters. how about you?

Re: roleplaying

I play table top D&D as well as do one-on-one fandom RP over IM.
    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It's been many years since I last played AD&D or D&D before that. Still have a lot of the dice and such around here. Heck think I still have some of the original books like the DM's manual, Players Handbook and Monster Manuel. Lots of memories surround it for sure.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

If anyone's interested in playing it, I was part of a beta for a table top game called Mytheria. I've got the main core book as well as the first expansion as a .pdf and I can email it to anyone interested in playing it.

Its a fairly awesome game that you actually don't need a DM to run, and the whole thing is D6 based. You also don't have to worry about rolling for stats for characters, all base stats are preset for all the classes.
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
          If anyone's interested in playing it, I was part of a beta for a table top game called Mytheria. I've got the main core book as well as the first expansion as a .pdf and I can email it to anyone interested in playing it.
          I'd love to have a look at it
          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Never done it myself, but I'm very interested. There seems to be a lot of roleplayers in both the pagan AND weirdly enough, Japanese learning comminities (not sure what the link is there, but there must be one), so being that I span both of these, I figured it may be something I could get into.

My partner also wants to try, having seen the yogscast play for youtube's geek-week. His friends also said they'd give it a go, so JP has decided to collect lego to make his own maps at first. I think that's a cool idea.

Just in case you're interested, here's a link to the yogcast doing tabletop, that got us interested in the first place. I'll just link the playlist because I don't know if that works with embedding.

An unlikely band of heroes find themselves plunged into a fantasy world of excitement, treasure, loot, busty wenches, ale, goblins, dwarves and creepy things...

I wish I knew more about it, because one of my friends on the Japanese forum tried to start a thread for roleplaying in Japanese. I really wanted to join in, but I don't understand what you're meant to do, so couldn't.

Maybe if we tried it here, in English, I could watch you guys do it and join in when I get the idea? Then I can join in with the thread on the other forum. There were rules, for how to play, which I could translate and repost here if you's have never done it in a thread either? What do you think?
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

@Yorin. I'd like to have a look too. Should I just PM you my mail?

Yes I've played various RPGs through the years, unfortunately I am without a group right now My favourites are the old rule for Star Wars from West End Games and the new World of Darkness rules. At least the Mage setting is pretty neat.
              D&D 3,5 was decent as well, just don't get me started on 4th ed. Just, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              Maybe if we tried it here, in English, I could watch you guys do it and join in when I get the idea? Then I can join in with the thread on the other forum. There were rules, for how to play, which I could translate and repost here if you's have never done it in a thread either? What do you think?
              That is a pretty neat idea Jembru. Question for the staff, could it be possible to "hog" the chat for a couple of hours once a week, or every other week for an on-line case of pen a' paper? If anyone is interested that is?
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Ahh that would be really cool my DM doesn't live near me right now so I don't get to play as much as I'd like to. A game on here would be really fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                  @Yorin. I'd like to have a look too. Should I just PM you my mail?

Yes I've played various RPGs through the years, unfortunately I am without a group right now My favourites are the old rule for Star Wars from West End Games and the new World of Darkness rules. At least the Mage setting is pretty neat.
                  D&D 3,5 was decent as well, just don't get me started on 4th ed. Just, no.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a pretty neat idea Jembru. Question for the staff, could it be possible to "hog" the chat for a couple of hours once a week, or every other week for an on-line case of pen a' paper? If anyone is interested that is?
                  I'm tossing this into staff section. Ajax has one or two features that are designed for rpgs and there may be a way to do this without monopolizing the room.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've played a little dnd in the past, too much neverwinter nights for my own good, been in a slew of literary based forum rp's and I've even been known to one on one im rp. Would love to participate in a PF rp, my workload permitting of course. Holiday season is uppon us and I'm in retail. Gods help me @.@

Comment

I've been a lifelong RPGer, and I'm working for a company that is working on a new RPG at the moment (playtest next month!)

World of Darkness, Pathfinder, Exalted, Star Wars, WARS, Kindred of the East, Serenity, and so many more... I love RPGS 8D
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

@Moonraven: That would work, and I'll send it to you as soon as it finishes uploading to my dropbox.

@Masked: would it be possible to just add another channel instead of worrying about all the other features and make it easier on you guys?
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

I did a little dnd in the past, always thought it was kinda cool, but no one around where I lived played. I'd love to see some sort of rp occur on here!

Comment

I've roleplayed before as Temari from Naruto. I like going to anime conventions and playing characters there.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                              @Masked: would it be possible to just add another channel instead of worrying about all the other features and make it easier on you guys?
                              Most of the other features are already active. There's a pretty flexible dice roller active already and whisper channels provide for secretive comm with the DM/GM/Storyteller. I'm waiting for an admin to comment in the staff section on creating a separate channel for gaming.

The only other feature would be nicknames and barring a profound surprise, those will not be reactivated. They send the logs screaming into the deepest pits of hell and the staff is so very not in on that idea.

As it stands, I'll state my personal opinion (which is not in any way reflective of the rest of the staff). If an admin wants to set up a channel for gaming specifically, awesome, I'm all for it. I am not at all currently supportive of scheduling blocks where the public channel is reserved game use. There are other sites dedicated to rpg-ing that are relatively easy to find and I'd prefer to redirect games to those sites then allow games to start reserving time shares in public chat.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X