This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joy Of Satan

Silent mentalist, I am the guy that posted the other thread on this topic, feel free to add and or message me if you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

silent mentalist, I'm the guy that posted the other thread on this topic, feel free to add and or message me if you wish.

Comment

Hey Guys, I'm a Theistic Satan-nut as well. Hit me up with a PM. We can discuss interesting stuff and share views and stuff.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Sean message me if u want, I can't figure out how to send messages on my phone.

Comment

Damn, I'm liking this forum already. The community is infinitely better than any JoS community I've attempted to be a part of. :yesss:

Comment

Originally posted by SilentMentalist View Post
            Damn, I'm liking this forum already. The community is infinitely better than any JoS community I've attempted to be a part of. :yesss:
            Yes. We are all very open minded. I guess I'm one of the few LaVeyan Satanists on the forum.

*sits in the lonely chair
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by SilentMentalist View Post
              I'm unsure. What I do know is that the current 6 million figure is wrong, and that there's a good chance gas chambers were as real as the stories made up about Germans using dead Jews to make soap. Unless some compelling evidence comes along which refutes what is uncovered in Cole in Auschwitz (as well as what has been discovered by various professionals), I find that questioning the validity of gas chambers is logical.
              A few nazi doctors have come out admitting to the use of gas chambers. Dr. Josepf Mengeles surrivors and assistant have all made this statement. Theres a documentary on netflix about Mengeles twins.

Comment

I wonder when i see those pics of all the dead bodies lined up in those pits...I wonder what could have killed them. Maybe it was aliens. Yeah. Let's question that validity.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Well seeing as the holocaust killed millions of Jews and other proclaimed undesirables by Nazi Germany including gays . I'm not really up to speed on the history of the haulocaust but what I do know that it meant death for around eleven million people or at least that was the number used in school Nazi germany is also the creators of the drug meth which still to day is screwing up peoples lives . That is why I personally hate the jos website and the idiots who run it, I had a friend on Facebook who was a self proclaimed spiritual satanist who was big into the JOS website all he and his girlfriend ever posted was Jewish hate memes and anti Jew propaganda . Jos is nothing more then idiots and neo Nazis . The only reasonable thing on the whole website is its stuff on meditation and that is it.
                  Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by axbancroft View Post
                    About a month ago I stumbled onto Joy Of Satan, I liked all the spiritual aspects of it, and the meditations, but the site is riddled with nazi brainwashing tactics, which I hate. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, and never will. I did preform the dedication ritual on the site. I am wondering if the dedication is a legitimate ritual? Also I have a "friendship" with Paimon, who is one of the gods in satanism, and he's even told me to ignore all the nazi bullshit on Joy Of Satan. So i'm wondering if all the spirituality stuff on that site is valid, and also is the dedication ritual valid? And my last question is are there any sites that are similar to Jos, minus the nazi bullshit?
                    Hello. Id like to inquire as to this belief in Satan. In Christianity, they have the power of God and CHrist that leads to a more purposefilled life including the ability to change a person inwardly to reflect greater righteousness , love, joy, etc.... and im wondering what power is available to the Follower of Satan to make a personal inward change for the better ? I guess by 'better' im associating that with : A greater propensity toward loving ones fellow Man, serving unselfishly , being a good moral example, furthering humanitarian efforts for a better world , experiencing great fulfillment and purpose to life . I think most people would view these attributes as noble, virtuous , good for mankind, and a necessity for a civil nation. So in summary, what kinds of power are available from a Being like Satan and what are the benefits to making this ones religion ? Thanks for any info you can offer up.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking a Religion View Post
                      In Christianity, they have the power of God and CHrist that leads to a more purposefilled life including the ability to change a person inwardly to reflect greater righteousness , love, joy, etc.... and im wondering what power is available to the Follower of Satan to make a personal inward change for the better ? I guess by 'better' im associating that with : A greater propensity toward loving ones fellow Man, serving unselfishly , being a good moral example, furthering humanitarian efforts for a better world , experiencing great fulfillment and purpose to life . I think most people would view these attributes as noble, virtuous , good for mankind, and a necessity for a civil nation.

If it wasn't terribly off topic, I'd argue that Christianity often fails to lead one towards a purpose-filled life in which they have a greater capacity for loving their fellow human kind, serve unselfishly, act as a good moral example, or further humanitarian efforts for a better world.

Really, a Satanist has a vested interest in making the world a "better" place...if for no other reason than it elevates one own position (and because one frequently gets a better return than when they do otherwise). And its easily argued that anyone with any sort of self-based theology has a stronger interest in making the world a "better" place than someone whose theology is based in the idea of man's dominion over the earth and salvation coming purely from belief in a deity--after all, according to a very large number of Christian denominations, as long as you've found Jesus you are "saved". In which case, there is very to actually motivate one to reflect greater *anything*.

And to be quite honest, "righteousness" is a horrible quality, particularly in religion. More ill has been caused in the world by people thinking they were morally justified than not.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        If it wasn't terribly off topic, I'd argue that Christianity often fails to lead one towards a purpose-filled life in which they have a greater capacity for loving their fellow human kind, serve unselfishly, act as a good moral example, or further humanitarian efforts for a better world.

Really, a Satanist has a vested interest in making the world a "better" place...if for no other reason than it elevates one own position (and because one frequently gets a better return than when they do otherwise). And its easily argued that anyone with any sort of self-based theology has a stronger interest in making the world a "better" place than someone whose theology is based in the idea of man's dominion over the earth and salvation coming purely from belief in a deity--after all, according to a very large number of Christian denominations, as long as you've found Jesus you are "saved". In which case, there is very to actually motivate one to reflect greater *anything*.

And to be quite honest, "righteousness" is a horrible quality, particularly in religion. More ill has been caused in the world by people thinking they were morally justified than not.
                        Hi. In order............

a. Regarding Christianity....the failure of some Christians to be transformed into the likeness and behavior of Christ doesn't necessarily therefore make Christianity a failure in this regard ; it would serve to show what Christianity ISNT by professed Christians acting unseemingly , etc... But the ideologies and constructs of the 10 Commandments and Jesus' teachings are of the highest morals and ethics known to man to which notable atheists as Bertrand Russell even concur. Ive met quite a few Followers of Christ who portray the real McCoy in their selfless behavior and ive read of stories of murderers whove undergone a radical inward transformation even though they still must pay for their crime. Looking at American Society today, it seems that the People Group that is least moral and ethical are those who adopt a Secular Humanist mindset of MAN being his own authority on how to live including the chief affirmation of morals being relative to how One feels at the time --- not exactly something that's going to lead to a better world with just a cursory examination of our current societal ills .

b. From going to Christian Churches in the past, while the method to be saved of Ones many accumulated sins was taken care of by Christs merits on the cross and thru no self effort of a person....it should lead the Person to a deep hearted gratefulness and willingness to abandon all sin lifestyles in favor of serving Ones Savior with great zeal. The added benefit to Christians it seems , is that after salvation they get the actual presence of Christ himself living within the Soul for a total transformation and spurring on toward a life lived for righteousness, love, peace, joy, and serving of Others and God. Im confused how Satanism can benefit anyone since Satan is in opposition to God and his nature and as you say encourages the Person to be their own 'god' in choosing how to live based on feelings, urges at the time, and in the quest for relentless gratification so it would seem. Certainly Satanism has all the trappings of secular humanism in the dissending way. Todays society strongly reflects Mans own theology for living which is permissive immorality and as Satanist Allister Crowley said : ' Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law ' . It sounds like refreshing freedom , but, how would you like to be on the receiving end of someone who committed a moral infraction on you but didn't think it was at all ?! So, I do see some hypocrisy there. Man wants the freedom of moral relativism but he demands others treat him as if there were absolute moral laws in place and at all times .

c. Oh, I think youd be all for righteousness if a Perpetrator treated you void of it. Civil societies depend on such virtues and their populace wanting it, demanding it, and being willfully obedient to it. We can see how unrighteousness in society has worked in American and all other western countries , or, should we have a review on some of these realities to show the utter destruction that has occurred from the masses desiring to be their own 'god' where authority is concerned (?)
                        Last edited by Seeking a Religion; 26 Jan 2015, 15:44.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the original subject. Stay on topic, or I will lock this thread.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hello. Id like to inquire as to this belief in Satan. In Christianity, they have the power of God and CHrist that leads to a more purposefilled life including the ability to change a person inwardly to reflect greater righteousness , love, joy, etc.... and im wondering what power is available to the Follower of Satan to make a personal inward change for the better ? I guess by 'better' im associating that with : A greater propensity toward loving ones fellow Man, serving unselfishly , being a good moral example, furthering humanitarian efforts for a better world , experiencing great fulfillment and purpose to life . I think most people would view these attributes as noble, virtuous , good for mankind, and a necessity for a civil nation. So in summary, what kinds of power are available from a Being like Satan and what are the benefits to making this ones religion ? Thanks for any info you can offer up.
                            Joy of Satan is a very specific sect. You'd get better answers from their website.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Hoping this counts as 'on topic' (being about Satanism) so...

.... and im wondering what power is available to the Follower of Satan to make a personal inward change for the better ?
                              The short answer is Satan. And the Self. How much inspiration and motivation one draws from either of those is largely dependent on whether one is a Theistic Satanist or a LaVeyan Satanist.

I guess by 'better' im associating that with : A greater propensity toward loving ones fellow Man, serving unselfishly , being a good moral example, furthering humanitarian efforts for a better world , experiencing great fulfillment and purpose to life .
                              The first two examples are typical altruist attitudes that are not anywhere near as widely regarded as you seem to think they are... the third depends on your definition of 'moral', which is a highly subjective concept... the fourth is completely unrelated to religion for most people and when it IS related to religion is rarely about the 'humanitarian efforts' and more about the 'better = more like us' myth... and the fifth and final example is something that is not necessarily a direct result of religion.

None of these examples are patented by Christianity, YHVH or Jesus. They exist in varying combinations to varying degrees in a myriad different religions, faiths and life paths, including Satanism. In general, Satanists tend not to focus on altruism at the expense of the self, but that doesn't mean that altruism doesn't exist in Satanism, or that all Satanists shun all forms of altruism. There simply is more value placed on the self than on some unrealistic concept of perfect altruism. And if we're being honest here, how many true altruists do you actually know? I doubt there are many.

I think most people would view these attributes as noble, virtuous , good for mankind, and a necessity for a civil nation.
                              That's debatable, and there are several other 'virtues' that I would value over and above several of your examples. But that's off topic.

Comment

...im wondering what power is available to the Follower of Satan to make a personal inward change for the better ? I guess by 'better' im associating that with : A greater propensity toward loving ones fellow Man, serving unselfishly , being a good moral example, furthering humanitarian efforts for a better world , experiencing great fulfillment and purpose to life . I think most people would view these attributes as noble, virtuous , good for mankind, and a necessity for a civil nation. So in summary, what kinds of power are available from a Being like Satan and what are the benefits to making this ones religion ? Thanks for any info you can offer up.
                                As a disclaimer - this thread pertains to the beliefs of those referring to themselves as the Joy of Satan ministries. I am not associated with them in any way - but I am a Satanist and I feel compelled to share my thoughts on your question and a few points that have been made.

My thoughts, as a Satanist, are that there is no need for validation from a deity to do good unto others. There is no obligation towards altrusim within Satanism at all. Altruism is not a goal or a commandment. The power to make a personal inward change for the better comes from within - from a genuine desire to do good to and for others. Deities have nothing whatsoever to do with a Satanist's desire to do good or to do harm.

I won't go into any sort of discussion regarding your beliefs about Christians and Christianity except to say that I, too, have known many genuinely good and noble Christians who do, in fact, uphold the virtues and teachings of their faith and are model adherents.

Im confused how Satanism can benefit anyone since Satan is in opposition to God and his nature and as you say encourages the Person to be their own 'god' in choosing how to live based on feelings, urges at the time, and in the quest for relentless gratification so it would seem.
                                It depends on what you believe Satan to be and what you believe Him to stand for. If you believe that God is "good" and Satan is "evil", then you most assuredly will believe that Satanism cannot benefit anyone and can only cause chaos. If this is your belief, but you genuinely desire to attain an understanding of how Satanism can be a positive influence for some - then you perhaps need to step away from your convictions and view things with an open mind.

Satanism can benefit individuals in any number of ways. It can provide a sense of responsibility for one's own actions and obligations to others. For some, it can help some to throw off the yoke of guilt experienced as former followers of subjectively oppressive religions through ritualised taboo-breaking in the form of rites of blasphemy. Choosing to be your own god is empowering for some - there is no need for looking to a deity for "permission" to live one's life as he or she chooses.

With all due respect, I would ask what you hope to actually achieve with your question - in the one breath, you ask for thoughts on how Satanism can benefit anyone - and in the next breath, your statements seem to revolve around some kind of belief that you need God as the Morality Police. Not everyone needs Jesus or God or the teachings of a holy book in order to have a real desire to do good. There are just as many godless people and Satanists out there doing good for others every single day as there are Christians, Wiccans and anyone else.

We can see how unrighteousness in society has worked in American and all other western countries , or, should we have a review on some of these realities to show the utter destruction that has occurred from the masses desiring to be their own 'god' where authority is concerned (?)
                                The reality of life is that there are evil people within this world regardless of what their religion may be. We need only look to history to realise this in the immeasurable life lost during such events as the Crusades.

I cannot help but feel that you've asked a question in the guise of genuine curiosity about another religion (Satanism) only to use it as a platform from which to push your own agenda. Clearly you have Christian sentiments and there is nothing wrong with that - but there is also nothing wrong with godlessness and with Satanism. People will always be heralds of great evil under all banners.

Comment

Working...
                                X