This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy Of Satan

About a month ago I stumbled onto Joy Of Satan, I liked all the spiritual aspects of it, and the meditations, but the site is riddled with nazi brainwashing tactics, which I hate. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, and never will. I did preform the dedication ritual on the site. I am wondering if the dedication is a legitimate ritual? Also I have a "friendship" with Paimon, who is one of the gods in satanism, and he's even told me to ignore all the nazi bullshit on Joy Of Satan. So i'm wondering if all the spirituality stuff on that site is valid, and also is the dedication ritual valid? And my last question is are there any sites that are similar to Jos, minus the nazi bullshit?

Re: Joy Of Satan

I wouldn't worry too much about the dedication ritual. You can't 'sign away your soul,' or anything like that. If you feel that it put you in touch with a group egregore which is sending shitty vibes your way, you could always take up daily banishing. LBRP twice a day would fix it up, I'd imagine.

Most of the meditative techniques on their website are valid, generally because they're just copied from other sources and mashed together, although some of them are altered in ways which could end up being counterproductive or even unhealthy, from what I remember. Honestly the internet is usually a bad source for spiritual practices, there's too much BS and craziness mixed in with the genuine techniques. IMO You should start researching the traditions which JOS ripped their techniques from (namely Yoga and Hermeticism) to reach an understanding of where they come from and practice them in their original form, you'll gain a lot more from them that way.

Comment

Ok, thank you for your reply. I haven't been getting anything negative since performing the ritual, I will definately look into yoga, ect. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by axbancroft View Post
        About a month ago I stumbled onto Joy Of Satan, I liked all the spiritual aspects of it, and the meditations, but the site is riddled with nazi brainwashing tactics, which I hate. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, and never will. I did preform the dedication ritual on the site. I am wondering if the dedication is a legitimate ritual? Also I have a "friendship" with Paimon, who is one of the gods in satanism, and he's even told me to ignore all the nazi bullshit on Joy Of Satan. So i'm wondering if all the spirituality stuff on that site is valid, and also is the dedication ritual valid? And my last question is are there any sites that are similar to Jos, minus the nazi bullshit?
        I find it a little difficult to believe that their particular brand of Satanism "isn't a reaction to Christianity" when half the site is dedicated to bashing the Judeo-Christian faiths. To me that smacks of hiding your own lack of integrity behind insulting the opposition... much like politicians often do at election time.

And honestly, I didn't get far enough through the site to check their meditations etc... I bailed after the dodgy research and 'proof' about the origins of Satanism. I'm generally an 'each to their own' sort of person, but I do find it difficult to respect a site that uses such blatantly incorrect research, propaganda and the shameless bashing of another religion to 'prove' their own validity.

Personally I recommend that you read as many sites as possible on the subjects of Satanism (both theistic and LaVeyan) and Demonolatry. The thing about Satanism is that there are many different flavours all using the same name... some of which are quite different. We don't all believe that Enki is The Satan, for example (for me, Enki is A Satan but not The Satan, because the term is a title, not a name). We also don't all believe that the gods are aliens. Both of these beliefs are perfectly valid beliefs, mind you... the problem with the way that the JoS website has presented them is the dodgy 'proof' behind these things.

My husband is a theistic Satanist, and we both consider ourselves Demonolators. After many years of practicing Satanism, my husband has basically given up on websites and organisations and forged his own way... his practice is based on his own research, not someone else's. That way he has managed to form a path that is true to the essence of Satanism, without the conflicting agendas that you often get with the organisations. However, when you're just starting out then the established organisations are often a good place to start. Look at all of them and piece together the spiritual aspects that you believe in... eventually you'll get to a point where you have the confidence to research for yourself and work out what is and isn't based an actual research. Once you've got a bit of ground knowledge under your belt then you'll be able to assess your UPG and build that into your practice.

As a starting point look at these organisations (even if you are theistic it is still valuable to look at the LaVeyan sites and I would encourage you to do so, simply because many of the core tenets are still very valid for theistic Satanists):

Temple of Set
        First Satanic Church
        Church of Satan
        First Church of Satan
        Demonolatry.org (which used to be managed by the OFS but has changed hands and is a bit more accessible now)
        Diane Vera's site
        Church of Azazel
        Venus Satanas' site

Anything on the links pages of these sites, particularly Diane Vera's site, which has an extensive links page as well as blurbs about some of the larger organisations.

Also do your own research on any of the topics that come up on the sites... Demonolatry, Luciferianism, the Nephilim, the Caananite gods, ceremonial magick... the list goes on and on. Basically, if you see a term or a theory, research it for yourself and cross check the information that the site is giving you against other sites.

Comment

I would also suggest if you sign up on one of those sites a word of warning. Don't go in asking a lot of questions. I know. Seems counter intuitive. Satanist do not like people to come in and just ask questions with no clue as to the religion. We are a dark bunch. Which is why a place like here is nicer. Way nicer.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Opinion of Spiritual Satanism?

First and foremost, I'm new to the forum, but it seems like a nice place for discussion so I'm hoping I can stick around for a while, learn some new stuff, and get some opinions on a wide range of topics.

This is regarding Spiritual Satanism. I was first introduced to it by the JoS website about 3 months ago, and have considered myself a Spiritual Satanist for about two months. The only catch: it didn't take me very long to recognize the blatant pro-Nazi agenda of the JoS ministries. Unfortunately, many people who have chosen to take spiritual knowledge from the JoS ministry have also adopted their hateful views. I've done my best to separate information from opinion while browsing any of their material. Now, this isn't to say that everything they say is wrong. They are completely correct in saying the Holocaust, as it is known today, is mathematically impossible. So I do consider myself a Holocaust revisionist, but by no means a denier. You would have to be nuts to deny it.

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to get the opinions of various people on Spiritual Satanism - separated from the Nazi shit. Just imagine the JoS website the way it is now, but exclude any and all opinions from its pages. Just the meditations and spiritual information is left.

I'm asking for opinions because, considering the "hidden" agenda of the JoS ministry, I'm afraid that they've misrepresented or altered information to fit their opinions. Additionally, does anyone know of any sources for information on Spiritual Satanism that isn't run by a Nazi? So far I've been loving the meditations and breathing exercises the JoS ministry provides, and I really love some of the values promoted by Spiritual Satanism (individuality, free thought, no proselytizing, etc.). I also agree with a lot of what is said about the complete slander of Satan's name by Christianity, and have found it to be true through my own research. But I feel terribly out of place in any communities I've become a part of so far, because almost nobody is willing to think for themselves or question that they're being told. I've only ever found one other Spiritual Satanist (who I keep in contact with) that didn't buy into the whole Nazi thing, and has a problem with senselessly hating an entire race.

So anyways, sorry for my digressions, I just felt inclined to be very clear about my beliefs and thoughts so I didn't get grouped with some of the nutbars involved in Spiritual Satanism.

Comment

I want to add another link to my post...

Infernal Dialogues blog

Hubby wasn't here the other day when I posted and I couldn't find the link myself (how sad is that? lol)

Comment

Re: Opinion of Spiritual Satanism?

We had pretty much this exact same question from another new poster two or three days ago.

Seeing as I'm lazy, I'm just gonna post the link to that thread rather than re-type my answer.

Comment

Re: Opinion of Spiritual Satanism?

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  We had pretty much this exact same question from another new poster two or three days ago.

Seeing as I'm lazy, I'm just gonna post the link to that thread rather than re-type my answer.
                  The two threads have now been joined in not so holy matrimony.

What the mods have joined, let no mortal tear asunder.

:cthulhu:
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Whoops; guess I should have looked before posting. :herpdederp:
                    Although, I'm kind of glad that another thread like mine exists. It means I'm not alone in my position.

Thanks for that post, Rae'ya. I'll check out the links you provided.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentMentalist View Post
                      Whoops; guess I should have looked before posting. :herpdederp:
                      Although, I'm kind of glad that another thread like mine exists. It means I'm not alone in my position.

Thanks for that post, Rae'ya. I'll check out the links you provided.
                      You're welcome.

And you're very much not alone in your position. lol. JoS is not the most well respected Satanist community, for pretty much the reasons you're discovering. Satanism is... a disparate bunch of people. Just remember that when you're doing your research, because you'll find wildly differing opinions on some things. Sometimes the hard part is remembering not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Comment

I could care less about Spiritual Satanists. Sorry. But..I am quite intrigued with your statement of being a Holocaust revisionist. Can you expand on that a bit? And no. I'm not baiting. I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I could care less about Spiritual Satanists. Sorry. But..I am quite intrigued with your statement of being a Holocaust revisionist. Can you expand on that a bit? And no. I'm not baiting. I'm curious.
                          Well, being a Holocaust revisionist is completely separate from being a Spiritual Satanist, as I was one before I even knew what Spiritual Satanism was. The number of Jews who allegedly died in the camps is mathematically impossible[1]. The Jewish people formulated plans to exterminate the German people[2], and there is also significant problems with the whole idea of gassing as well as the legitimacy of the existence of gas chambers[3].

These are, of course, not the only things that call for an reanalysis of the Holocaust. There's just way too much compelling evidence to ignore. The Holocaust undeniably happened, but not nearly to the magnitude that we are led to believe, and there's more than one side to the story.

[1](w w w).2012.com.au/Six_million_jews_myth.html
                          [2]See: Germany Must Perish! by Theodore Newman Kaufman
                          [3]Look up "Cole in Auschwitz" on YouTube. The guy is Jewish, which is an interesting twist.

(sorry, would have posted actual links, but I'm not allowed to yet)

Comment

So what magnitude do you believe it to be?

Comment

I'm unsure. What I do know is that the current 6 million figure is wrong, and that there's a good chance gas chambers were as real as the stories made up about Germans using dead Jews to make soap. Unless some compelling evidence comes along which refutes what is uncovered in Cole in Auschwitz (as well as what has been discovered by various professionals), I find that questioning the validity of gas chambers is logical.

Comment

Working...
                              X